|
|
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 239
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 239 |
Okay... well there are a few points you bring up above that are reassuring to me that I'm on the right track... and a couple things that I'll adjust.
Good:
1) You obviously hit something at some point that wasn't supposed to be hit which results in a lot of activity. I don't have that expanded around many areas that I'd like... but "bomb in zone" still doesn't really give me the function I want. I may need to enable slmod functions to get that effect in areas I want. I'd rather a "weapon outside of zone" feature for what I'm trying to do here. 2) We fixed the issue with the migs. As I stated I know what happened before and what I missed. The key is going to be in figuring out how to apply what I want the best way.
Bad (which for the purposes of building are still good):
1) There are likely towers throughout the area- but I don't think I expand on the target description enough. I think when I'm able to go in there and look at the buildings, screenshot them and load them into the mission brief... then you'll know exactly what to look for. 2) Once a target is identified, guys should be able to climb up past 5000 feet agl to do the drop. Once the target is located, there's no reason to stay down at 5000 feet. The 5000 feet is a minimum altitude... which I should have explained better.
The complexity in the triggers I'm trying to work out comes with a few different factors:
1) Flying where you're not supposed to. Assets will activate and CAP will launch to go and figure things out. I want these controlled by "duration" limits so that if they don't find anything, they go back to base and power down. 2) If the wrong target is hit... a stepped up response occurs from both land and ground assets- but now the response is prolonged and results in a mission fail.
I'm going to need to revamp my flags more into the code system that crew has established or develop one of my own. Suddenly I'm seeing the value of flag true / flag true / flag true conditions... so that if these three flags are true... then you get victory... or you get beaten down in defeat... depending on the flags. As silly as it makes me sound- I only just grasped how you can use a flag to define an event- and that future triggers / events can be measured against whether that flag has been set or not.
If these three flags are present / true... then your trigger happens to do one thing. If two of these flags are true but one isn't... then you can set these conditions to a new flag... and countdown from THAT flag if the 3rd flag isn't made true within a certain time.
I was being VERY simplistic in my flag numbering- which was fine when I was sitting in front of the mission thinking... okay...444 will do here- but then a week later I'm going through trying to figure out what on earth flag I used where and why... I need a system.
Thing is- I needed to LEARN this lesson... having crew explain it as he does so well wasn't helping me because I didn't see the value of it. Now I do: Value = True!
lol Upon reconsideration it occurs to me that I encountered the SA15 by trying to take a short cut back to Gudauta and strayed into a taboo area rather than because I hit the wrong target. I was okay until I made a beeline for Gudauta while Pipe stayed safe in the target area. Recon photos would be a benefit as I was never exactly sure what the specific targets were apart from the comms tower. Let me know if you plan another trial run.
Last edited by Blooze; 03/06/13 12:26 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
Eh Blooze. Thanks to your considerable patience and multiple runs I was able to conjure up some new ideas about the mission. I'm giving better description of the target, actually completing the communications for the tankers (north and south)... as well as adding some emergency SEAD / CAP for that moment where you do screw up. Sure, we're not supposed to be there- but they can't let ALL of us get waxed just because we suck.
I've polished off a bit of the logic so that things only happen when they're supposed to happen. The general idea is that so long as you stick to the waypoints and don't wander off too far during your orbits... your RWR will be chirping- but generally as long as you keep your minimum altitude AGL... everything goes swimmingly. If you drop on the wrong (active) target... or stray into sensitive "unknown" zones... things will get tense- but my hint to everyone going through this mission now and into the future: Keep your cool!
I'm going to post photos of the target structures you're looking for- however the idea is that if you find a convoy with transports, follow them with your TGP. Eventually they visit all of the "potential" targets. Once you get lucky so to speak- you'll see that they stop for a period of time... giving you a chance to check out the area... look at the warehouses... look for a bunker with big radio antennas... if you see them and they're heavilly defended- bombs away!
I've also needed to keep in mind that there is a particular formula to the development of AI Logic. For example- in the mission I have it that you start getting stern warning messages if you don't hit all the targets within a certain amount of time. Time ticks down to a certain point and you get scolded... radars go on... enemy cap comes out en-masse... you get slaughtered. But what happens if you DO kill the targets? Well, the triggers don't automatically know that... so how do you stop the cavalry from coming in if you destroy them between one message to the other?
Well- a flag of course. So once you accomplish the mission and all targets are destroyed, you turn a flag on. In the conditions area where you're setting up your massive inflow of enemy activity on the account of your incompetence (if you do in fact fail)... you simply add a "flag" (that you've numbered) = false.
If that flag isn't off / false, then not all the conditions to release the cloons have been reached and the action doesn't happen. Instead, if everyone is out of the zone (flag 1111 up when "all coalition is out of zone") and everyone is killed (flag 2222 when "group dead")... then you have mission success instead. Flag 1111 / flag 2222 is true then the action is the win message and perhaps a flag of its own (3333) so you can start a countdown to mission end.
If flag 1111 is false (everyone is not clear) but flag 2222 is true (everyone is dead)... and the time since 2222 has passed X amount of time- then you can drop another flag (4444) to start counting down the end of the mission going the failure route.
The problem comes up where you have something set... but nothing to stop it from happening if conditions change. You need to remember if you want something to happen- it'll happen if the conditions that you say need to be in order actually happen.
During some situations, you can really... REALLY think yourself into a hole and this is where a proper numbering convention for your flags as crew has described (or one of your own) is so important.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 199
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 199 |
Crew, I played the bay of hogs mission last nite. Cool concept, never played a mission that focused on a-10s killing ships. Funny, the ships took so many mavericks to sink, I thought I was shooting duds. Would be nice if ED added some kind of partial hit animation on ships besides that below the waterline splash. It seems the ships will start burning to let you know that 1 or 2 more hits will kill it.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
Flag 1111 / flag 2222 is true then the action is the win message and perhaps a flag of its own (3333) so you can start a countdown to mission end.
If flag 1111 is false (everyone is not clear) but flag 2222 is true (everyone is dead)... and the time since 2222 has passed X amount of time- then you can drop another flag (4444) to start counting down the end of the mission going the failure route.
During some situations, you can really... REALLY think yourself into a hole and this is where a proper numbering convention for your flags as crew has described (or one of your own) is so important. Eno, Five-digit flags Red flags get a leading '1' through '4' Red Main & Aircraft Groups: 1 Red Helicopter Groups: 2 Red Vehicle Groups: 3 Red Ship Groups: 4 Blue flags get a leading '5' through '8' Blue Main & Aircraft Groups: 5 Blue Helicopter Groups: 6 Blue Vehicle Groups: 7 Blue Ship Groups: 8 Group numbers are the second & third digits. Unit numbers are the fourth digit. The State is the fifth digit: 0: Count (use for Flag Increment and Decrement) 1: Dead, or Lost 2: Alive, or Won 3: Attack 4: Broadcast; enables a repeating message with Condition = Time Since Flag (Flag x), and Action = Flag On (Flag x) & Message 5: Zone Clear or Occupied Friendly 6: Delay 7: Zone Invaded by Enemy 8: Zone Captured by Enemy 9: Deactivated vs Dead I do use Flags 10-20 for initializing stuff, like Flag 10 for the Repeating Message. Sometimes I'll use 12, 14, ... but not very often. Flags 50-60 are for victory conditions. 60 is the Load Mission Flag. 50, 51, and 52 are used, when applicable, for Blue Wins, Red Wins and Timeout. A countdown on these 50 series flags with appropriate Win/Loss/Timeout messages lets folks know the mission is over and will reset in x minutes. These messages should be no more than 5 minute intervals so folks know what is going to happen as it is the end of the mission and there is really not time to begin a Cold Start or long ingress. I do not use any other two-digit flags; all other flags are using the five-digit scheme. You do it this way ^^^ and you'll be able to look at a flag and pretty well know what coalition, group and unit are involved. The last digit can have flexibility depending upon what you need to indicate, but I stay with the above definitions as best I can. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
Crew, I played the bay of hogs mission last nite. Cool concept, never played a mission that focused on a-10s killing ships. Funny, the ships took so many mavericks to sink, I thought I was shooting duds. Would be nice if ED added some kind of partial hit animation on ships besides that below the waterline splash. It seems the ships will start burning to let you know that 1 or 2 more hits will kill it. Thanks, Scoop, Glad you liked it. The Bay Of Hogs has been gathering dust for two years(!) waiting for ships to be viable targets again (they crashed the game in the previous two versions). Molasses was also in and went to the K(?) series Mavs for more punch. I joined late, as the last few ships and subs were being taken out. There was a bug at the end that messed up the victory condition but that is fixed now (I had to be there to see it ;-) There is a new Health Bar in the F10 View for ground vehicles but it is not implemented for ships. Bay Of Hogs has always been a battle of attrition. WC
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
Skate Zilla Graphics Veteran
|
|
Skate Zilla Graphics Veteran
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632 |
I have an idea for a mission i need t start planning it out first, It will have some inspiration from the Highway though 
HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro, Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133, 2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ., 3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401 |
During some situations, you can really... REALLY think yourself into a hole and this is where a proper numbering convention for your flags as crew has described (or one of your own) is so important. Sounds like you can logic your self "to the monster at the end of this book" Eno...LOL... Lovable furry old Grover would be very proud. lol Mission editing sounds way more complicated than I thought. I wouldn't mind dabling with creating missions but there is way too many options... I have enough problems flying... lol I like creating missions where lines of trucks are going up a road and when they get to the end they all congregate and twittle their thumbs in big bunches and you can CBU the heck out of them. LOL
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
Where did I get the quote "anything more complicated than a toaster doesn't work, and it doesn't work a lot." Well wherever it was it certainly applies to my mission building! But when things aren't happening- (or ARE happening ie gun runs by migs 10 minutes in) I am learning how to fix and where to look for trouble.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401 |
Sorry Eno ... I will explain it next time we fly together...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
Sorry- I'm caught in mission building loop lol.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
^^^ Hee hee See you in a few days, Eno! 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
Skate Zilla Graphics Veteran
|
|
Skate Zilla Graphics Veteran
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632 |
Yeah, Im prolly gonna spend the weekend writing a mission too... need to start now, might be done by fall, lol.
HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro, Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133, 2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ., 3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
Crew do you use the mist functions at all in your new stuff?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 13
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 13 |
Did you "rinse" your video footage through any sort of filters before putting them together or was this purely fraps type capture? I've been wanting to put together a dramatic Firehouse video for awhile and while reading some of the DIYs it looked like a lot of the effort is in making all the video look the same... But all that stuff is point and click... finding all the right footage is the daunting part!
I think I can guess what those DIYs are referring to, and that's due to lighting and exposure differing from shot to shot in real life video material. No need to do deal with it while recording DCS since it will all look the way it normally does on your screen. My video was captured in Fraps and no special filters were required to make it look uniform. Sure enough it can be pretty tricky to grab the right bits, but with a bit of creative editing you can make it work  . All the clips I used were actually from three separate (kinda random) recordings, that I cut together to create a continuous story. Looked good though- clearly you know your way around the cockpit (why do I cringe when I say that?!) Sweetest was asking me earlier if I knew how much experience you had with A-10C and whether or not you two were at the same level. I may just try to keep that video a secret from her lol- though as Wheel points out she was able to get her aircraft on the ground while not knowing any of the keys for flaps, speed brakes, landing gear, wheel brakes, engaging nosewheel steering... so she has potential! Thanks, glad if I can make it look good - though I can't say there wouldn't be more for me to learn still  . I think we'll both cringe less if you can manage not to, heh. I've been flying a bit more than a year now, on and off and mostly self learning. So I might have a bit of a headstart on her, but I also don't tend to mind sharing of what I've learned, if I end up flying together with her at some point. Perhaps she's got the most important bits then indeed if she managed all that  .
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
We're definitely looking forward to flying together again soon... now that I'm home I suspect this weekend we'll be up together working through some missions.
I have put up a new version of Operation Snapshot... I have it locked up with the following password:
fire safety
I have applied some MIST commands and used some SLMOD functionality to allow for some advanced triggers etc... I'm going to go in and fly around it and make sure that things are at least SORT of working properly lol
DO NOT drop on ANYTHING until that communications tower- the right one- is destroyed. I'm going to get some photos of the actual area (during the day) and post it in the briefing.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
Crew do you use the mist functions at all in your new stuff? No, not yet. I have not dug into it, but do think I have a use or three. I'd love to see an example of how you use it. WC
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
Hmmm, had my first server crash on the new v123, last night.
I looked at the crash log and did not see anything significant, like what is being reported on DCS Forums.
WC
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
Offensive people are not cool - who ever is running a server at 98.170.224.129 ought to be banned no strike that - they can name their server anything they want to, but I want to have the capability to filter that server out, like Ignore, IMO. Ha! This IP address is now in our Ban file. The name associated with it is just as bad as the server name was on the day I posted the above. I shoulda thought to include it in the Ban file at the time. The idiot must have come into Eno's Firehouse, cause that's where he got on the list. --- If anyone has constant Connection Interrupted attempts to Join on Eno's Firehouse and or Hollo Pointe, them PM me or Eno and we can check to see if you got on the list. There are a couple of names I do wonder about - how did they get on the list? But I'm not going to try to chase these guys down. They have to come to us and plead their case. There are 20 entries. --- Something else - Eno and I are NOT going to allow offensive names in our servers. If someone joins with a name that we think is offensive - on the Ban list they will go. It takes a pretty offensive name for that to happen, but rest assured it will. WC
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
It's almost Friday, and should be snow-bound for the weekend - yea! --- The Hollo Pointe server will host two new missions this weekend - 104th_Moa's Pirates Of The Crimean - soo looking forward to flying this; updated for v123. Added more Moon shine. Bring NVGs. AaaarrrRRRRR!  A-10C tracers -  A pirate gunboat - Bay Of Hogs - "swing away, Merrill"; it is a mission of attrition. I like taking the low road from Novo to Gelen - pop and Mav, and hard right to the coast behind the ridge, another hard right to stay on the beach back to Novo and another run. Mol, there are gunboats at the end of the mission now to gun down. Don't let the Pyotr get close. Lot's of eye-candy. Wish this jet was flyable now - The Pirates mission will start about 20130308T1800 MST (GMT -7). WC
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 449
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 449 |
i be on tonight and week end,whats cooking on the server,which one to go on wiil there be two servers
CPU Intel Core i7-6700 processor NVIDA Geforce GTX 970 16 GB memory SSD Capacity 256 GB windows 10 HD 64 bit joystick Saitek X52 PRO CYBORG X Kayboard Trac ir 4 DCS world KA50/A-10c/P51/HUEY/spitfire IL2 1946/IL-2 C.O.D/R.O.F/ARMA 3/silent hunter beta
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|