SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 66 of 240 1 2 … 64 65 66 67 68 … 239 240
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 155
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 155
Mine is just doing an autoupdate. Things are going slow at the moment with all the traffic.


Motherboard: Z87. CPU: 4790K clocked to 4.4Ghz.
Ram: 16Gig Power Supply: 1000 watt Video:GTX 780Ti Hard Drives: 500 Gig PCIE SSD and 1TB maxtor.
Video Card. Evga GTX 78O Ti OC
Controllers: Warthog Hotas, Saitek Combat pedals, Track IR5.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Yeah I'm doing both right now but have LOADS of download bandwidth available. Took awhile for the update to "detect" the available update as well. Be patient!

If you cancel the updater (while it's searching) be aware that its process may continue to run in the background- next time you try and start it (if you're like me, in about 10 seconds) it may tell you you have an instance already running. If you want to terminate it go through the task manager to processes and end it in there.

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
Yep, it's crawling along. If I cancel it and restart tomorrow will it go from scratch?

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Seems to me it picks up where it left off- though I haven't had an autoupdate for awhile (cough cough) so I can't remember.

Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 155
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 155
Originally Posted By: eno75
Yeah I'm doing both right now but have LOADS of download bandwidth available. Took awhile for the update to "detect" the available update as well. Be patient!


Doing both as well. current rate for the torrent is 300k. I have 25meg down / 21meg up connection so I'll seed for a while. Auto update about 25% and going much slower.


Motherboard: Z87. CPU: 4790K clocked to 4.4Ghz.
Ram: 16Gig Power Supply: 1000 watt Video:GTX 780Ti Hard Drives: 500 Gig PCIE SSD and 1TB maxtor.
Video Card. Evga GTX 78O Ti OC
Controllers: Warthog Hotas, Saitek Combat pedals, Track IR5.
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Originally Posted By: Runibl;1685689
I just canceled it and ran it again. It boosted up to where it was, and started from there.



So that would indicate a yes.


http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1685689&postcount=197


For you Mace...

Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 239
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 239
it took right at 2 hours here but it's a done deal. Only 3 servers listed in MP menu but there's no surprise there. May be tomorrow before everyone gets patched and we can do business again.

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
Originally Posted By: eno75
Originally Posted By: Runibl;1685689
I just canceled it and ran it again. It boosted up to where it was, and started from there.



So that would indicate a yes.


http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1685689&postcount=197


For you Mace...


Great, thanks smile

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Originally Posted By: Blooze
it took right at 2 hours here but it's a done deal. Only 3 servers listed in MP menu but there's no surprise there. May be tomorrow before everyone gets patched and we can do business again.


I'm proud to report that the Firehouse is one of those!

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Eno,
Did v1.2.3 install into the v1.2.2 directory?

WC

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 36
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 36
Is there a way to see if you are actually downloading..all I see is the green bar below the downloading updates caption

Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 239
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 239
Originally Posted By: eno75
Originally Posted By: Blooze
it took right at 2 hours here but it's a done deal. Only 3 servers listed in MP menu but there's no surprise there. May be tomorrow before everyone gets patched and we can do business again.


I'm proud to report that the Firehouse is one of those!

Indeed it is sir. I'll be making a test run in about an hour.

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Everything looks to be where it should be Crew- It's not a separate install or anything (as 1.1.1.1 vs 1.2 was)

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 143
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 143
Did both d/l, Autoupdate and torrent. Tried to install with torrent and get can't update because 1.2.2 is already installed.... banghead

Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 239
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 239
Originally Posted By: Blooze
Originally Posted By: eno75
Originally Posted By: Blooze
it took right at 2 hours here but it's a done deal. Only 3 servers listed in MP menu but there's no surprise there. May be tomorrow before everyone gets patched and we can do business again.


I'm proud to report that the Firehouse is one of those!

Indeed it is sir. I'll be making a test run in about an hour.


For what it's worth at this early stage,

First run in playhouse both keyboard and stick stopped working except for throttle during startup (first time that ever happened). Second run, everything working but got DCS stopped working dump after about 2 minutes in flight. Third time, DCS stopped working after about 5 minutes. Did reboot and joined Wargames server with no issues.

Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 239
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 239
Originally Posted By: Blooze
Originally Posted By: Blooze
Originally Posted By: eno75
Originally Posted By: Blooze
it took right at 2 hours here but it's a done deal. Only 3 servers listed in MP menu but there's no surprise there. May be tomorrow before everyone gets patched and we can do business again.


I'm proud to report that the Firehouse is one of those!

Indeed it is sir. I'll be making a test run in about an hour.


For what it's worth at this early stage,

First run in playhouse both keyboard and stick stopped working except for throttle during startup (first time that ever happened). Second run, everything working but got DCS stopped working dump after about 2 minutes in flight. Third time, DCS stopped working after about 5 minutes. Did reboot and joined Wargames server with no issues.


After reboot everything seems to be fine in the firehouse.

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
So blooze just to confirm- seems it may have been client side issues?

I'm all for checking out server side things- but if you're golden maybe I'll let it play out a bit longer.

Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 239
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 239
Originally Posted By: eno75
So blooze just to confirm- seems it may have been client side issues?

I'm all for checking out server side things- but if you're golden maybe I'll let it play out a bit longer.


I think my issues were client side and were resolved with a reboot. Blind said he had no issues and Wheel seemed to be ok too. There was one keystroke (LAlt+F1) that was not functional in the playground mission and that remains to be the only mystery from my point of view. Blind reported much better FPS than before and mine were also better than average as well. The map looks like it does in mission builder and will take a little while to get familiar with but it will be a plus rather than negative addition. I lost all of my custom skins and my modified lua files reverted back to default but that's no biggie and was expected.

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
is the firehouse down?


HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
I had it down for a bit to put tankers and fill in contact information for the jtac in the playground. It's up again now- but I'm testing the slmod pause if empty. Keep in mind you can automatically take it off pause by joining a slot. At least, that's what I'm hoping...

On an additional note I did have some changes with the views- somehow externals were forced off... something I've never done but that's how it was.

I've since fixed it- so it'll be good again!


I do request your patience as we get our legs back in terms of what is working and what isn't.

Page 66 of 240 1 2 … 64 65 66 67 68 … 239 240

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,071,050 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1