SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 47 of 240 1 2 … 45 46 47 48 49 … 239 240
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
K- ill deal with that. What was happening when it crashed? How far into the mission?

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
Beslan was pretty overrun and the airbase was getting pounded not sure how far into the mission it was though.

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Thanks. Comp is down and off teamviewer right now so trying to get "sweetest" to hook up a monitor and keyboard to help me sort out the issues. At that point I will ban our smacktard friend and look further into what happened. Ill also adjust the spawns and or landing sites for the choppers.

By the way- how is the weather? Tried to add done cloud to increase the challenge a bit and keep people down lower-

Last edited by eno75; 02/03/13 12:45 AM.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
In Shirley's Cross I changed the F10 View - Map Only to Fog Of War. I think folks did not enjoy the mystery (misery?) of not being able to locate any ground units. I'd have preferred Allies Only.


We had a Hollo Pointe server crash last night in the Cross, with about 8? folks in it. frown

WC

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
What's your internet connection there crew?

On my side I figured out what happened- Apparently the earlier crash was a result of the wrong lightswitch being hit (now taped) which turned off the power to the plugs. Then, to further exacerbate life at the firehouse someone bumped the plug for the router... taking it offline and resulting in the dropped server. A bit of a rough day today.

I also dealt with the ST.

I noticed that somehow (or maybe it was always like this- but I don't think so) the A-10s at Beslan were set to "takeoff from Runway" and were basically parked on the median on top of one another. I've since moved them to "takeoff from ramp" and they were appropriately placed on the base tarmac. I also moved the endpoints for the helicopters to the runway out of the way of spawning units. If the choppers made it that far, however, there's not much use in spawning at Beslan anyway...


Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 41
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 41
Had a great time in Hollo Point dogfighting X-Ray in my SU-25 smile The sound of that GAU-8 is terrifying when you know it's pointed at you.

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Not nearly as terrifying as X-Ray gets if you accuse him of using F keys to achieve A2A victories. If he shot me down, that would have been the first thing I "SEND TO ALL."

hehehe

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 948
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 948
eno, one thing that confused me on the server last night was that there were two plumes of red smoke in two different directions near Beslan.

I was in the Shark and used the Shkval at max magnification but could see nothing worth marking. There were a couple of destroyed convoys (except the AAA that riddled my ride) close to Beslan and I'm wondering if the smoke was used initially to mark the convoy's positions.

If that's the case, I think the smoke is staying active for far too long. Maybe something worth looking at, if possible?


I say it as I see it
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
I think why that happened was I moved the forces from that area... But something still triggered them. I'll see what I can do. Thanks Johnny.

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 948
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 948
You're welcome - and thank you for the work you do to provide us with a tidy playground thumbsup

This was the smoke:





definitely nothing to be seen South of Beslan



but look how nuts my Shkval goes after self-testing (and in the shot above):



I've noticed quite a lot of jibberish and random characters on the Shkval recently. Hope that will be sorted in the upcoming patch. I'll have to jump in the T-Rook and see if there's a similar issue.

At least last night's session has given me a bit of a gee-up to do more in the A-10C. More curiosity about why I couldn't get some things to work, I think - the start-up procedure must have changed since v1.1.1.1, too. Makes me wonder how many of my 'old' standalone A-10C checklists are still valid.


I say it as I see it
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397

My pleasure Johnny. It brings me great pleasure to help make it happen for all you guys. I feel I owe it to so many of you for helping me enjoy the many aspects of the sim that I do. Without "the team" and the camaraderie it just wouldn't be the same.

The smoke has always been there- basically it hovers there and doesn't really have a turn off switch. I can see how it would be confusing if there was nobody in with you to tell you to dismiss it. I may try to remove the smoke and put in something a bit different- like a triggered message or something that happens when a red unit is in a zone- when unit is not in zone the condition can be terminated. Hard for me to do it without being able to test it remotely- but I can try a few ideas.

On that note that cloud cover isn't nearly as thick as I was hoping! Hmmmmmm!

I also have a further touched up highway that I'd like to test. Again emphasis is in creating an emersive environment while not making the highway impassable. I also want to keep people moving through without dilly dallying. I have fallen in love with those "holy shart" moments- looking over my shoulder bewildered with the fact I've survived- with 6 aircraft charging through behind me with everyone working their @ss off to keep their aircraft in the air. That's with the highway anyway...

Maybe you guys can check it out in the morning!

Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
I had an accidental team kill last night in back to school... Crew was trying to help me because I had a pursuing A-10 at my six. I was egressing when crew engaged and they began turning. I re engaged I saw one A-10 with smoke coming from an engine. So I said Crew are you hit? He says no. So I moved the seeker head over the target and boom. At that same time Crew got a disco and I saw the wreckage disappear. Then I got a heater up the tail pipe from the bad guy...I think it was near bind. Anyway sorry bout that. Crew. It ain't the first time ...lol

Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
You stuffed Novo with IR SAMs didn't you Eno biggrin. I had a look-see on the way in and saw a lot of extra and re placed stuff. Killed a Shilka on the first pass and then took about four SAMs. I'm guessing this mission is no longer something to be attempted on ones own!

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 948
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 948
I'll be on again this evening - so about 4 hours' time, eno - I'll probably be taking a few screens - I usually do.

This afternoon I'm offline, trying to catch up on what's changed since November(ish). I'll have a look at that Shkval offline, too - see if it's as bad. It should be as that shouldn't be an MP issue - then I'll see if the -25T one is the same.

Lots to do, so little time. Best get cracking... wave


I say it as I see it
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 948
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 948
Testing finished - Shkval works and looks fine in offline mode. It has some weird stuff in the self-test, but that is normal. When switched on in flight, it's a bit weird for a short while but in less than a minute it sorts itself out. Online it doesn't. frown

I tried both 1121 and 121 missions - don't have any 122 ones.

Catching up on the A-10C procedures went very well smile


I say it as I see it
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
That Red smoke in Back To School was intended to tell Blue when Red armor was attacking either Beslan City or Beslan Airbase. It never did do much except lead to questions smile so I took them out. The triggers are about 2/3's down the list and start with 'BLF FAC..' and there are six of them.


I did have a few edits listed for Back To School and fixed up the mission won logic to account for if General Vaz does not make it all the way to Beslan - this happened a few sessions back and it left the mission w/o a win/ending. My version is now 122v2g.

WC

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 143
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 143
Eno.. Your picture of the A-10 looks so real, I thought it was at first. I like it so much, I'm using it for my desktop. Do some more, please.

old_simmer

Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410
B
Master of None
Member
Master of None
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410
Yeah that picture is really nice... It makes me wanna throw some in Lightroom now.

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 948
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 948
Just posted some pics up showing what happened in the Highway mission tonight

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3730033#Post3730033


I say it as I see it
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
Maybe it's the foolish portions of Pre Superbowl home made guacamole and beer but I'm not seeing the pic you guys are referring to... Is it in this thread?

Page 47 of 240 1 2 … 45 46 47 48 49 … 239 240

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,449 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1