|
|
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 41
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 41 |
Is the server up? I looked on 1.1 and 1.2 and didn't see it.
Edit: Sorry, I got to it by IP
Last edited by republic; 01/19/13 06:42 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
Yes... I'll wait to get Part 1 going again until a few more people are cued up in the server. I anticipate a 1pm MST start!
1.1.1.1 training is up right now. Take the opportunity to brush up on JTAC and tankers while you have a chance. Once 1.2 gets fixed, you can bet that both will be in no short supply during upcoming missions! \
EDIT:
Well Wheel and MOL were in for a few minutes and we kicked things off in SA in 1.2... but from what I could tell they kept being disconnected before the mission even loaded- so I'm going to plan B.
TC was ALSO in there and I had to push him aside to switch over- apparently he doesn't have 1.2 on his older rig at this point. SORRY TC... HAD TO TRY 1.2!
Anyway- PLAN B is Part 2 of separatist aggression... in 1.1.1.1. So rejoin with the stand alone and we'll see how we make out!
Last edited by eno75; 01/19/13 08:28 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 143
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 143 |
1.2 crashed DCS for both Mol and I
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
Back up in 1.1.1.1.
Not sure what happened but everything was disconnecting after that. Restarted and shelved SA for now... Thunder of K is up in 1.1.1.1
Last edited by eno75; 01/19/13 09:41 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
Hollo Pointe will be deployed tomorrow morning. Since it is Windows 8, the Teamviewer remote connection is a bit different than on a Win7 machine, like Eno's Firehouse which is on Win7. There are some issues that TV needs to make better - a difficulty with connecting to the DCS World screen, but not to the DCS Multiplayer screen - I have a ticket open with the TV folks. And if the Hollo Pointe server gets to a standby screen before anyone logs into it then after a very short couple of minutes it is no longer accessible to Teamviewer. --- I am upgrading all my computers to Windows 8. That is what I've been busy with for the past few days. Had to re-install a couple of times on Hollo Point, and three times on the second computer here in my office because I had this free key for Win8 Media Center that I mistakenly put on both Hollo Pointe and the second machine - the second machine would not Activate because of a key conflict so I had to re-do the install and lost all the apps on it in the process (goodbye rFactor on that). I had to re-install Win8 on Hollo Pointe to get the Media Center off of it - I could not find a way to uninstall that. --- I bought two new 500 GB HDDs and put them into my main and second computers for backup devices. I think I am done with USB backup HDDs - waaay too slow, even USB3. So, main machine, second machine and the Hollo Pointe machine each have backup HDDs in the cases. WC
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962 |
Hahahaha how COULD you Eno! Even my administrator nick couldn't protect me  No worries about the World/Standalone thing, I only ventured into playing A-10 on that PC as a means to an end. This PC in the living room is really a media server any other time, but I tossed the 550ti in it while the other rig is down for mobo swap out and it handles A-10 pretty well. I put A-10 on there as a test and over the last week have lugged the Track IR and finally my X-52 Pro out to the big tv to fly some Hog. Today was my first attempt at MP, played Thunder long enough to waste (and get wasted by) a few mobile SAMs. NOT a single player mission, that! Also TS spontaneously started working too so this PC is, other than modern hardware, is suitable as a temp replacement for the i5 8 (or 16 if you don't want it to boot Eno :))GB RAM gaming machine. Are you still pro GTX 670 for the 3-400$ range for cards? I'm about a month or so away from a big upgrade from the 550.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
Yes the 670 is still probably your best bet at that range provided you don't have to rma it!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410
Master of None Member
|
|
Master of None Member
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410 |
Exciting news there crew... Anxious to see how things go. Did you get a speed boost on your Internet connection?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962 |
Aaaaa-harrrrrr there Eno! Kicking when I'm down huh?  Little bit of an update: my board arrived yesterday but they couldn't deliver it because they're closed on Saturday. Now there's a " you need to request redelivery" notice assigned to the tracking number. I assume that's designed for the receiver not me but I'll keep an eye on it.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
I'm going to stick with 1.1.1.1... so if you're looking for the firehouse- that's where it'll be.
What with Hollo Pointe coming online- I know crew will be running 1.2 latest build exclusively while I'll be running "whatever works." Depending on when we see this 1.2.3/4 patch- perhaps it would be wise for me to leave 1.1.1.1 up. Crew can run 1.2+.
This would obviously change once we had a patch.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
Skate Zilla Graphics Veteran
|
|
Skate Zilla Graphics Veteran
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632 |
I bought two new 500 GB HDDs and put them into my main and second computers for backup devices. I think I am done with USB backup HDDs - waaay too slow, even USB3.
So, main machine, second machine and the Hollo Pointe machine each have backup HDDs in the cases.
WC
USB 3.0 with Windows 8 is faster than ATA 133, as Im using USB Seagate to Copy Large game folders from a pc (so i wont have to re download 30 gb of steam data). The Avg time/transfer speed coming from the USB 3.0 drive is quicker than the speed i was getting when copying other games from an ATA133 drive
HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro, Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133, 2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ., 3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
Skate Zilla Graphics Veteran
|
|
Skate Zilla Graphics Veteran
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632 |
i usually check TS first, if no one is on TS, then i just do something else.
HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro, Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133, 2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ., 3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
USB 3.0 with Windows 8 is faster than ATA 133, as Im using USB Seagate to Copy Large game folders from a pc (so i wont have to re download 30 gb of steam data). The Avg time/transfer speed coming from the USB 3.0 drive is quicker than the speed i was getting when copying other games from an ATA133 drive Skate - I have a USB 3 1TB that I used on Friday to back up this machine and it took 6 hours. I put the new 500GB HDD in the case on a SATA 2 connection and ran the same backup in about 50 minutes. WC
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
Hmmm... technically Skate is right about the speeds- data transfer is faster with USB 3. The difference would have more likely been in the write speeds of both drives- assuming that the USB 3 (being reverse compatible with 2) was even activated on the mobo.
Either way... I guess if there's a substantial difference- it doesn't really matter why... but transfer speeds wasn't the issue unless it wasn't actually a USB 3 port (missing USB 3 drivers or something).
Sata 2 is 3GB, USB 3 is like 3.2-5GB...
Now SATA 3 on the other hand... now we're looking at HUGE speed advantages- that would be another story.
Basically it's more of an HDD quality issue versus data transfer speed issue. I don't think anything can read or write that fast anyway... no matter WHAT transfer speed we're talking about up there.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 41
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 41 |
I've setup a 2nd monitor for my MFD's....wow that is a game changer. I don't yet have a TrackIR and I spend a lot of time fumbling with the zoom to see the TGP/Maverick display better while also flying. Now I can fly and glance over at both displays on the right monitor. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Smooth Operator Hotshot
|
|
Smooth Operator Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111 |
Exciting news there crew... Anxious to see how things go. Did you get a speed boost on your Internet connection? Hey blindone, The new Hollo Pointe server is in place! B-u-t, where I put it, the Comcast cable modem is their simple one-LAN port model that doesn't offer a login, so I can't open the TCP & UDP ports on it. Tomorrow morning I will switch it out for one that has the necessary capabilities. The connection comes in TONS better than what I have here at my home - Hollo Pointe is on a 25Mbps Down / 4Mbps Up At my house I have 1.03 Down / 0.6 Up --- I did edit the Fulda Gap, Back To School and Nuke Plant missions today. Fulda Gap now restricts all A-10C's to no TGPs, as Mister Moa intended for this mission. There are Ground Commander slots in it now, and mission end logic to reload once the objective is attained - which is all Red units destroyed between Kushari and Gori (Moa's conclusion, my reload logic). For Back To School I strengthened the Blue defenders at Beslan Airbase and added some Blue air defense in town that is set to ROE = Weapons Hold. Ground Commander slots on both sides were added. For Nuke Plant there are also new Ground Commander slots to stir the pot a bit on the ground; we'll see where those nasty Red SA-15's end up with a little human interaction... 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
Skate Zilla Graphics Veteran
|
|
Skate Zilla Graphics Veteran
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632 |
Hmmm... technically Skate is right about the speeds- data transfer is faster with USB 3. The difference would have more likely been in the write speeds of both drives- assuming that the USB 3 (being reverse compatible with 2) was even activated on the mobo.
Either way... I guess if there's a substantial difference- it doesn't really matter why... but transfer speeds wasn't the issue unless it wasn't actually a USB 3 port (missing USB 3 drivers or something).
Sata 2 is 3GB, USB 3 is like 3.2-5GB...
Now SATA 3 on the other hand... now we're looking at HUGE speed advantages- that would be another story.
Basically it's more of an HDD quality issue versus data transfer speed issue. I don't think anything can read or write that fast anyway... no matter WHAT transfer speed we're talking about up there.
i used it as USB3.0 for a while, but switched to eSATA.
HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro, Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133, 2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ., 3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 41
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 41 |
I was on a bit ago, had a decent sortie but got shot down (story of my life). While I was going through startup on the ground I see annother A-10 crash into my bunker and I was kicked for too many teamkills. I'm not sure what happened.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410
Master of None Member
|
|
Master of None Member
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410 |
crew, that is awesome news man. I'm glad you found a location to house that beast. Comcast really is great. I just setup my bridge this weekend so that I'm hardwired between my two computers... Now I can seamlessly stream between devices.
I'll be online for a bit tonight now that Tom Brady has been sent home by Ray Lewis. Gotta cheer for those who defeat you.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397 |
I was on a bit ago, had a decent sortie but got shot down (story of my life). While I was going through startup on the ground I see annother A-10 crash into my bunker and I was kicked for too many teamkills. I'm not sure what happened. Eh Rep... I'm going to PM you about some issues about that- I'm going to want to know which mission you were in and if you know the name of the guy who did it. Servman has a chat log and I can get the info I need. (EDIT: found the log and the occurrence but it was a mess... need clarification on what happened.) I need to keep the servman automated feature somewhat strict just because it's a remote server... Slmod is a bit different because the admin process is quite a bit easier in many ways... Anyway- I do apologize for that but it is a sad reality... sometimes collateral damage happens and the people we don't want to lose do get kicked. That's a product of these other "smacktards" as I call them- and so long as there are people who want to do that kind of nonsense... we're going to need to see some people get kicked who probably shouldn't be kicked. Typically if you wait a few minutes you will be allowed back in. I'm going to go through the logs and if I find what I want... then I won't need to pm you- otherwise, you'll have a pm.
Last edited by eno75; 01/21/13 04:56 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|