SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 37 of 240 1 2 … 35 36 37 38 39 … 239 240
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Got to messin' with Beslan in Back To School tonight before retiring. Came in on Red from Vaziani-way and blasted a few units and some buildings to mark my territory. Jason joined and said it was his *first* multiplayer mission - welcome aboard Jason.


F7 View of tanks attacking Beslan - this close down on the ground and I can hear the TOW missles coming in from the Hummers at the airbase -


In this one you can see the TOW just to the left of the tank turret - and it is going woooOOOSSSHHHHHHHHH -


crew


Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Eh Crew... any thoughts to Red side ground commander in Back to School? My only concern would be that the triggers that activate the chopper would be compromised. I take it that missions that have intricate trigger mechanisms aren't ideal for ground commanders- unless the intention is to just avoid the trigger behavior entirely.

I'm going to run 1.1.1.1 for the day- I'll put training up for the morning so guys can get their JTAC / Tanker time in... then I'd like to look into posting the first mission in "Separatist Aggression." There are a variety of campaign weather conditions available in different versions- and I'm going to run the "Winter" campaign. I won't start that until around 4pm MST. It's certainly not set in stone- but I'd like for you guys to give it a whirl and see how it works.

There are 3 missions included in the campaign- so we'll see how it works out.

Also, I recently learned that Op Bactria is being updated to a V3- which is great. It adds compatability to 1.2.xxxx as well as a new 4 ship mission that he says is hands down "the BEST" of the missions included. I'm REALLY looking forward to that!

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 143
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 143
Sounds fun Eno, you can count me in. I should not read this forum while I'm at work, makes me want to go home for the rest of the day...and since I'm the boss...it's off ta home amegos!

old_simmer

Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410
B
Master of None
Member
Master of None
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410
^^ yes, its bad. especially when the screenshots start flowing.

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
I had some good ones on my game machine to share but its turned off. Ah well.

Wish I were going to be there for the test drive!

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Alright boys! Kickoff for the first mission of the campaign trial!

Launching now.


A note from the developer of the game:

Multiplayer Campaign by Graywo1f

Separatists Aggressions - Fly with 8 A10's and 4 Ka50's in an epic Coop where Georgia and NATO invade Abkhazia after relations were decimated. South Ossetia also plays a part in a few missions that will be added later on. In this mission series there will be a main objective, followed by coordinates given to you for airstrikes as secondary tasks. Entering coordinates on the CDU for A10 is a must. There is plenty to do for the KA50 providing close air support for the invading forces. JTAC is included, Tanker as well. An action packed mission full of hours of fun.

Enjoy

Gray

--Situation--
The year is 2014.... Relations are strained once again between Georgia and its separatists regions. Abkhazia has become greatly angry towards Georgia and the US. Angry because Georgia has allowed US Military bases to be built in the region because of their war with Iran. That and the recent power grab in Abkhazia by a military regime leader, who for the past few years has vastly expanded the Abkhazian militia, building tanks IFV's and small arms faster than MacGyver! Also the regime is allegedly using violence against Georgians inside Abkhazia. South Ossetia is backing Abkhazia and insurgents fr om South Ossetia seem to be mobilizing....

All this has caught the eyes of NATO, who has begun supplying Georgia. Georgia is crying out for help fr om the international community. Saying that Abkhazian troops are committing genocide on Georgians! Any attempt by the Georgian military to cross the boarders to rescue civilians has resulted in clashes by opposing forces and mercenaries that the regime has brought in.

NATO is now in Georgia with limited force, who with the Georgians, will invade Abkhazia, while also keeping a close eye on South Ossetia. The US has deployed lim ited forces in Georgia, including a squadron of A10's and F15's for CAP. The brunt of airstrikes will have to be carried out via A10's and Georgian Su25's.

The NATO and Georgian invading force will have to rely heavily on airpower and with lim ited aircraft in the region, there is a lot weighing on your shoulders to get the job done.

Your job is to cooperate with NATO command receiving coordinates for airstrikes, interdiction missions, and to provide air cover to ground forces in Abkhazia with AFAC help if needed.

Being able to enter lat long coordinates in this mission is a must.
About Russia
Russia has said it would be a..... bad idea to cross the boarder into their airspace... so try not to.... They have been awfully quiet during this whole mess.... US and Russian relations have backpedaled a tad, because of US bases on their boarder. Russia has become more hands off with Georgia, since their long hated regime leader Mikheil Saakashvili did not retain power after last years elections. Since Saakashvili did loose, Russia pulled all of their troops out of the separatists regions because of the destabilizing region, and the troops being needed in Chechnya with things heating up there again.


Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 239
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 239
Originally Posted By: eno75
Alright boys! Kickoff for the first mission of the campaign trial!

Launching now.


A note from the developer of the game:

Multiplayer Campaign by Graywo1f

Separatists Aggressions - Fly with 8 A10's and 4 Ka50's in an epic Coop where Georgia and NATO invade Abkhazia after relations were decimated. South Ossetia also plays a part in a few missions that will be added later on. In this mission series there will be a main objective, followed by coordinates given to you for airstrikes as secondary tasks. Entering coordinates on the CDU for A10 is a must. There is plenty to do for the KA50 providing close air support for the invading forces. JTAC is included, Tanker as well. An action packed mission full of hours of fun.

Enjoy

Gray

--Situation--
The year is 2014.... Relations are strained once again between Georgia and its separatists regions. Abkhazia has become greatly angry towards Georgia and the US. Angry because Georgia has allowed US Military bases to be built in the region because of their war with Iran. That and the recent power grab in Abkhazia by a military regime leader, who for the past few years has vastly expanded the Abkhazian militia, building tanks IFV's and small arms faster than MacGyver! Also the regime is allegedly using violence against Georgians inside Abkhazia. South Ossetia is backing Abkhazia and insurgents fr om South Ossetia seem to be mobilizing....

All this has caught the eyes of NATO, who has begun supplying Georgia. Georgia is crying out for help fr om the international community. Saying that Abkhazian troops are committing genocide on Georgians! Any attempt by the Georgian military to cross the boarders to rescue civilians has resulted in clashes by opposing forces and mercenaries that the regime has brought in.

NATO is now in Georgia with limited force, who with the Georgians, will invade Abkhazia, while also keeping a close eye on South Ossetia. The US has deployed lim ited forces in Georgia, including a squadron of A10's and F15's for CAP. The brunt of airstrikes will have to be carried out via A10's and Georgian Su25's.

The NATO and Georgian invading force will have to rely heavily on airpower and with lim ited aircraft in the region, there is a lot weighing on your shoulders to get the job done.

Your job is to cooperate with NATO command receiving coordinates for airstrikes, interdiction missions, and to provide air cover to ground forces in Abkhazia with AFAC help if needed.

Being able to enter lat long coordinates in this mission is a must.
About Russia
Russia has said it would be a..... bad idea to cross the boarder into their airspace... so try not to.... They have been awfully quiet during this whole mess.... US and Russian relations have backpedaled a tad, because of US bases on their boarder. Russia has become more hands off with Georgia, since their long hated regime leader Mikheil Saakashvili did not retain power after last years elections. Since Saakashvili did loose, Russia pulled all of their troops out of the separatists regions because of the destabilizing region, and the troops being needed in Chechnya with things heating up there again.



After a few minutes in air, connection interrupted. Didn't re-appear in the list. Looks like server crashed.

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Yeah, I saw it happen... I restarted it... picked the summer campaign this time.

I hope it's not me logging in and out...

Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410
B
Master of None
Member
Master of None
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410
I hope I'm able to get a slot, else beer. cheers

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Just Mol in there right now. I think I figured out the disconnect. I seem to recall back in the day when we were running 1.1.1.1 that sometimes when I was logged in with TV, if I logged out of the machine through the web interface it would create an error in how it suspended windows as well. If I "switch user" and leave it on the login screen it worked okay... so I'll do that from now on.

Blooze was in the for a bit but it looks like he's gone. I can't really SEE anything from here because I have the renderer turned off- I'll depend on a good assessment when you guys are done... and some screens!



Also: Just found out from Tom over at LOF that there are in fact some airbases where the coding is a problem which would result in tires that blow prematurely. He says something about that here:

CLICK HERE FOR LINK


Last edited by eno75; 01/19/13 12:48 AM.
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 378
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 378
The mission generally needs slmod installed but it isn't required. Basically the goal is to support ground forces and the mission is supplemented by some random tasking. When the tasks are first given the coordinates are displayed, but not repeated. Slmod allows players to command the mission to repeat coordinates. In SP or if the host is playing the repeat option is available in the F10 menu.

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Ka50 and a10 could always fly together. The last post on the download page claimed that it was compatible all the way up to 1.1.1.1 so I'm not sure where it ended up. I was looking over mols shoulder there for a bit and did see some coordinates offered with an order- not sure how he got it going or if things are triggered after a certain time as well as commanded through chat- which can't be done with the remote server.

Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410
B
Master of None
Member
Master of None
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410
Eno or crew, we are unable to connect...

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Sorry guys I can't get in there for about an hour. I'm on my iPhone.


EDIT:


I couldn't stand the pressure so I went and grabbed my netbook from my room and checked... there are 7-8 guys in there now... not sure if it's because the server was restarted... or just a temporary problme- but it's up as of 5 minutes ago.

Last edited by eno75; 01/19/13 02:58 AM.
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
Hey eno I managed to get things going again with teamviewer not long after blindone posted. It did crash a little later though, everyone was leaving anyway so I put up the JTAC training

Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
Separatist Aggression is really cool though. It kept 5 of us busy for several hours.

Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 41
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 41
Unfortunately 1.1.1.1 doesn't like my machine nearly as well. I first joined up using the default callsign, then I kept crashing so I bowed out early. I picked up Blackshark, I hope to try that out on the next 1.2 mission

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Eh guys... I went over some of the crash logs from last night and I noticed the crash involved the warehouse- which was a bit odd considering there wasn't one in 1.1.1.1. I look back at what Blooze was saying about his experience with 1.2 and I simply NEED to give it a try- if you guys don't mind potential hiccups.

I did notice that everyone was leaving within a couple minutes just prior to the disconnect- which is a relief. I was in there watching for awhile after I had a chance to grab my netbook and you guys were LAYING WASTE to what looked like everything. Impressive! I could only see it through the reports... but still- looked like lots going on.

I'm going to post mission 2 today- but I'm going to put it back in 1.2 and see if we have stability. First, I'm going to read around some about it and see if the "latest version" that I have is in fact that latest version and if it's compatible with 1.2. My concern is that JTAC- unless specifically modified for 7570- will not work... and tankers (if any are present) will cause further connection problems.

REP... just to make certain- and maybe I've asked this before- your network speed is set to LAN in the multiplayer options menu? All your firewall / AV excludes both DCS files from their scanning / blocking?

Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 41
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 41
Yes I have that set but, it wasn't a connection issue last night, it was DCS actually crashing in 1.1.1.1. My connection problems usually just get me booted from the server back to the server list interface. My on the weekends my connection is just bad. :\

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Ooooooh okay- yes, you're right. I forgot you were crashing, not disco'd.

Also:

A valid point was brought forward to me off camera that it may be a good idea to at least TRY SA on 1.2 in its current form. If you guys who were in yesterday don't have objections to a re-run of Part 1 in DCS WORLD- then I will spool that up soonest.

Last edited by eno75; 01/19/13 04:37 PM.
Page 37 of 240 1 2 … 35 36 37 38 39 … 239 240

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,449 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1