SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 606
F
Impersonal pronoun
Member
Impersonal pronoun
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 606
Guys, what does this mean:

"15. On the DirectX 9 tab, all boxes should be checked and the drop-down box should say "Default". On the DirectX 8 tab, make sure the box is checked. Same for the legacy tab. On the Options tab, Forward Hook should be checked. The other two boxes should NOT be checked."

I DL'd DirectXTweaker, dropped it in my Jane's F-18 folder, but I don't see any DirectX 9 or similar tab in the program.

Thanks for any help. The air-to-air lag and jerkiness are killing the sim for me. Does anyone have any other ideas about fixing that problem? I'm using XP SP2.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 44
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 44
Hi Franx!!! I hope that this help screen



See you!

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 606
F
Impersonal pronoun
Member
Impersonal pronoun
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 606
Thanks Devas, I must have downloaded the wrong version!

franx

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 606
F
Impersonal pronoun
Member
Impersonal pronoun
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 606
Just to be clear: The beta K version of DXTweaker is the one we should be using with Jane's FA-18, right? Not J or I?

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,133
Member
Member
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,133
I tried this stuff on XP SP2 with an x800xt and a 9250. None of it helped. Just have always had to keep Antialiasing off.

Last edited by Reticuli; 05/17/08 12:34 AM.

The term "necroposting" was invented by a person with no social memory beyond a year. People with a similar hangup are those o.k. with the internet being transient vapor.

http://www.openfuelstandard.org/2011/12/methanol-wins-open-wager.html

Saitek X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 158
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 158
RE: 175.16 nvidia drivers, 8800 GTS, Vista 32-bit.

It might have been something else I've done inadvertently, but I think it's this latest version of the drivers. I am now able to run with DX Tweaker (I'm using the j version) with no banding, anti-aliasing, no AA slowdown; i.e. it's all good. Previously I was getting the awful banding.

So these may be worth a try for others with similar setup / problems.

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,887
Likes: 9
S3D GuRu
Hotshot
S3D GuRu
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,887
Likes: 9
Hi, I have the DXTweaker it can be found in the 1 Click Installer.. That seemed to of solved my A-A slowdown when 3D glasses are On. I did NOT experience the Slowdown in Normal mode only when activating my ED 3D Glasses..

I now have a 100% working JF/A-18 Simulation and in 3D.. Heck even after a few years I was still able to land on the Carrier what a great Sim THNX ALL wink

Last edited by The Nephilim; 12/18/08 11:56 PM.

Intel Ultra 265K 5.5GHZ / Gigabyte Z890 Aorus Elite / MSI 4070Ti Ventus 12GB / Thermalright Frozen Notte RGB AIO / SoundBlaster Z SoundCard / Corsair Vengance 6400MT 64GB Ram / Buttkicker Simulation / HP Reverb G2 / Samsung 980 Pro 2TB Games / Crucial 1TB M.2 Win 11 Pro 23H2 /
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 467
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 467
Originally Posted By: hippo
RE: 175.16 nvidia drivers, 8800 GTS, Vista 32-bit.

It might have been something else I've done inadvertently, but I think it's this latest version of the drivers. I am now able to run with DX Tweaker (I'm using the j version) with no banding, anti-aliasing, no AA slowdown; i.e. it's all good. Previously I was getting the awful banding.

So these may be worth a try for others with similar setup / problems.



Hi Hippo.

your solution did work for my PC too.
8800GT XPSP3 32bit 175.16 with DX tweaker J version.

thankyou for the information.
byebye.

Last edited by nadal; 03/20/10 01:33 AM.
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 4
A
Junior Member
Junior Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 4
in the beginning all was going wrong

1 - updated to XP SP3
2 - used dxtweaker "K" version
3 - updated the Directx to the latest package

and all works fine since then


windows XP SP3
Geforce 8800GT 512MB with 169.21 driver(very old huh? so no matter what drivers use)
Jane's F/A-18 TSH v4
nhancer with FSAA 8xQ
No BIG hud fonts applied
1024x768 resolution.

Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 65
T
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 65
I followed the instructions by first instaling a fresh copy of F/A-18 then the TSH v4 then using the dx tool, but for some reason when sim starts its upside down, the menus and in sim are fine just the opening credits, no big deal really just wondering how i can get that part to work properly
thanks tomcat

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
J
Joe Offline
Veteran
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
It's a known bug with the incomplete tool DXTWeaker. Nothing we can do about it.

Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 65
T
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 65
Thats okay i can live with it, by the way nice to talk to you Joe, awesome job with this sim i just love it. tomcat

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 170
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 170
do I still need dxtweaker, object package or any other stuffs if I used TSH 4.02?

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,032
R
Leatherneck Sim Artist
Member
Leatherneck Sim Artist
Member
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,032
Nope.... But you can still use DXTweaker if you have AA issues.

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 170
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 170
I don't even know how to use AA biggrin forced by GPU control panel?

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,151
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,151
Originally Posted By: Rudel
Nope.... But you can still use DXTweaker if you have AA issues.


DXTweaker is nogo on Win7 x64 unfortunately. So finally JF/A-18 R.I.P. here...

Dirk.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,151
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,151
Originally Posted By: Dirk98
Originally Posted By: Rudel
Nope.... But you can still use DXTweaker if you have AA issues.


DXTweaker is nogo on Win7 x64 unfortunately. So finally JF/A-18 R.I.P. here...

Dirk.


Oh no, buried alive?!!

Thanks to Rudel he accidentally reminded me something - I found all my archived settings I made in JPG screens back in 2009. First of all, DXTweaker works great in Win7 x64. No banding no AA slowdown! And mind you it's v4.02 (not the one in OCI (3.06)). Moving on.

Thanks,
Dirk.

Last edited by Dirk98; 05/25/12 09:25 PM.
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1,496
G
Stick to the plan man!
Member
Stick to the plan man!
Member
G Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1,496
doesn't work for me. (did everything in the 1st post)

If I use the .exe directly in the main folder it loads(with the tsh 4.02 background), but if I start it with dxtweaker I get a black screen...


XBL/PSN/others: genbrien
Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Samsung 23'' 1920*1080
CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz Keyboard: Logitech G15
GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: G700s
PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saitek X55, TrackIr5
RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr2 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz
Case: Cooler Master 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 13
U
Junior Member
Junior Member
U Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 13
Installed F-18 recently with TSH 4.02 It does work but sometimes it freezes in flight. Sometimes after 5 minutes, sometimes after 30.
It's really impossible to play. It freezes all the time. nope

Last edited by UDT_Seal; 11/13/13 03:32 AM.

Rectum Non Bustus (LSO motto)
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 46
L
Junior Member
Junior Member
L Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 46
is there any chance that if i instal the TSH v 4.02 it also works for the F15? (better resolutions for example)

Last edited by Liron; 04/22/14 05:23 AM.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,603 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1