SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
B
Lifer
Lifer
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
Alrighty then. Stick has been shipped to Kramer (there goes another $18.95 that I'll bill to Thrustmaster). Anxious to hear his report on connectivity...



Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Originally Posted By: BeachAV8R
I think I should try to get THESE! and hook them up with my TM Warthog stick and just pretend like I'm flight simming..

Anyone got a monitor and TrackIR that don't work so I can get the full on experience?



Here are some accessories to complete the experience (ignore the stupid part smile ) TM should have a copy of this...




WC

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
B
Lifer
Lifer
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
So I received Kramer's stick in the mail today (super-duper speedy service there Kramer - TM should hire you!). We did a "stick swap" where he sent me his entire stick (stick base & stick) and I sent him mine. He will probably receive mine tomorrow I'd imagine.

I plugged his stick into my computer (after uninstalling all my TM software and starting from scratch) and no problems at all. Stick is recognized, tests, and appears to be functioning totally normally.

So much for the "local environment" causing any problems. I won't bother to plug the stick in to the other three computers, I think we've beaten that red herring to death.

So now we just have to wait for Kramer to test my stick on his machine and see what he finds. I'm hoping with this last bit of "evidence" that we will finally get to the point where TM says "cut the cable - a new unit is on the way".

Thanks so much to Kramer for helping me out (and all the other people that have PM'd me offering their assistance too!). It is nice to see that it isn't my system(s), my house, or any other thing that would be odd like my property being the receiving location for instructions for the aliens to come out of the ground. I hesitate to bring that up lest TM want me to have SETI do a scan of my property before they will consider my unit truly non-functional.

Regards,
BeachAV8R



Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
-
Veteran
Veteran
- Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Beach, I would suggest you do a video/screen capture of "testing" that new stick and move it through the axii and press the buttons. That way, your statement PLUS the video sent to TM would be strong proof that this is not a "local issue." Heck, I'd even go so far as to make a proper video of plugging in Kramer's stick, show that it's working, then plugging in your stick and showing that it's NOT working. That should skip you a few steps on the customer service BS ladder.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
B
Lifer
Lifer
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
Kramer received my stick today - tested it, and it does not work.



Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274
USMC
Veteran
USMC
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274
Originally Posted By: BeachAV8R
Kramer received my stick today - tested it, and it does not work.



Really? Who'da thunk it! eek


Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.


Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
B
Lifer
Lifer
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
I know..I thought the 400 miles of separation would make my TM lonely for home and it would magically function. In my mind I imagine it unplugging itself from Kramer's computer and going to Radio Shack to fix itself and then hitchhiking home along the interstate.



Joined: May 2009
Posts: 261
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 261
Now send it back to them with a video!

Be sure to pack a stool sample in the box too...

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Nice move, Beach.

Too bad for Kramer.

smile

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,160
C
Military Advisor - USAF
Member
Military Advisor - USAF
Member
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,160
Originally Posted By: jskibo
Now send it back to them with a video!

Be sure to pack a stool sample in the box too...


That's what I would do along with all the e-mails back in forth, also mention testing it on numerous computers again.


i5-2500k @ 3.3, Asus P8Z77-V LE mobo Windows 7 64-bit, 8GB 1866mhz
EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, Warthog, uber modded Cougar, TM Cougar MFD's, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard


Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
Wouldn't put it past them to say 'Well, you have a working one now'!

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 420
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 420
Sorry I didn't see this sooner! Beach, I live in Charlotte and also have a Warthog if you need any additional testing.

Just shoot me a PM if I can help.

Thanks,
Doug


DFord8 aka SlapStik
Intel i7 2600K SB, DDR3 1600 8 gb ram, Win7 64,
EVGA GTX 570 1280gb, Intel 80gb SSD.
TM Warthog #1547, MFD pack, CH PP & TIR4


Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
B
Lifer
Lifer
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
smile Whoops..! Yeah..that would have been great Doug! Oh well, Kramer has been awesome about helping me out.

I heard from TM support today - they are finally agreeing to send me a new stick (once they receive my old one from Kramer). It will ship from France - so I don't know how long it will take to get here. I'm relieved that there appears to be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks to Kramer and all the helpful members that have offered advice, assistance, and support!

Regards,
BeachAV8R



Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,160
C
Military Advisor - USAF
Member
Military Advisor - USAF
Member
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,160
Now, are they going to repay you the money you spent in shipping?


i5-2500k @ 3.3, Asus P8Z77-V LE mobo Windows 7 64-bit, 8GB 1866mhz
EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, Warthog, uber modded Cougar, TM Cougar MFD's, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard


Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
-
Veteran
Veteran
- Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Why ship from France? Isn't Canada closer?

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
B
Lifer
Lifer
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
Originally Posted By: - Ice
Why ship from France? Isn't Canada closer?


I think the metric system makes France closer..



Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
B
Lifer
Lifer
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,314
Good news. Received my new HOTAS Warthog stick (and base) today from France. Once they actually got the process rolling the replacement was fairly quick. Just getting to that point was severely frustrating though. I plan to send in all of my shipping costs to see what gets reimbursed. I removed Kramer's stick that he was loaning me (thanks, thanks, thanks!!) and the new stick was instantly recognized and works perfectly (fingers crossed).

I'll be shipping Kramer's stick back to him tomorrow. Thanks to the community for all the suggestions, and especially Kramer for loaning me his stick, verifying my stick was dead, and shipping it up to Canada for me. That went above and beyond. Thanks also from the other members who offered me their sticks as well..you guys are great.

thumbsup

Here's to (hopefully) lots of happy Warthogging...

BeachAV8R



Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
-
Veteran
Veteran
- Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Great news Beach! Now stop posting and get to working on those AARs! biggrin

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,160
C
Military Advisor - USAF
Member
Military Advisor - USAF
Member
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,160
Glad to hear that, hopefully you get all your money refunded to you.


i5-2500k @ 3.3, Asus P8Z77-V LE mobo Windows 7 64-bit, 8GB 1866mhz
EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, Warthog, uber modded Cougar, TM Cougar MFD's, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard


Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 17
E
Junior Member
Junior Member
E Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 17
Wow what a soap novel !!!


*��)
�.���.�*��) �.�*�)
(�.�� (�.�` * EAK
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,071,262 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1