SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
Page 73 of 78 1 2 … 71 72 73 74 75 77 78
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,984
-
Senior Member
Senior Member
- Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,984
Great job as always, Pat, and thanks for your continued hard work on this! salute

One thing that would be nice and I'm not sure why it's not like this or if it's a hassle to do but it would be nice to actually have the version number in the link on the RoF Useful Materials page for your campaign generator so that people won't download an older version once they hear you've released a new one or have to wait on Jason to mention that it's posted as it would be obvious if you just put your cursor over the link to see the name of the file so that it could say 11.4 or whatever, instead of latest. Just a thought.


Avatar

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, i7 2700k @4.7GHz, EVGA GTX570HD 301.42s, 1x120gb SSD, 2x150gb WD Raptors, 2x200gb SATA, 16gb G.Skill DDR3 2130, 1000W PS, HP DVD-RW, Onboard sound, 32" Sony Bravia XBR, Win7 Pro 64bit, Tai Chi watercooled case
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 40
F
Junior Member
Junior Member
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 40
Originally Posted By: -Avatar-

One thing that would be nice and I'm not sure why it's not like this or if it's a hassle to do but it would be nice to actually have the version number in the link on the RoF Useful Materials page for your campaign generator so that people won't download an older version once they hear you've released a new one or have to wait on Jason to mention that it's posted as it would be obvious if you just put your cursor over the link to see the name of the file so that it could say 11.4 or whatever, instead of latest. Just a thought.


+1

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,495
Likes: 36
F
I'm just a
Senior Member
I'm just a
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,495
Likes: 36
Originally Posted By: Fifi2
Originally Posted By: -Avatar-

One thing that would be nice and I'm not sure why it's not like this or if it's a hassle to do but it would be nice to actually have the version number in the link on the RoF Useful Materials page for your campaign generator so that people won't download an older version once they hear you've released a new one or have to wait on Jason to mention that it's posted as it would be obvious if you just put your cursor over the link to see the name of the file so that it could say 11.4 or whatever, instead of latest. Just a thought.


+1


+1


Asus TUF Z790 DDR5 plus Wifi
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel I7 14700k
32gb Ripjaws DDR5 @6000MHz
Nividia 5060 TI OC 16gb
2 NVMe and various Sata SSD drives 6tb
1200watt Seasonic Vertex PSU
______________________________________________________

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"



Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
Hey guys, not my call as it is 777's site. Seems like a good idea. Maybe it can get done.

Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,984
-
Senior Member
Senior Member
- Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,984
Originally Posted By: PatrickAWilson
Hey guys, not my call as it is 777's site. Seems like a good idea. Maybe it can get done.


Apologies, I mistakenly assumed that the file you submitted would just be put on their server, I didn't realize that they came up with the name for the file that they use on their server. I'll post my opinion over there. salute


Avatar

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, i7 2700k @4.7GHz, EVGA GTX570HD 301.42s, 1x120gb SSD, 2x150gb WD Raptors, 2x200gb SATA, 16gb G.Skill DDR3 2130, 1000W PS, HP DVD-RW, Onboard sound, 32" Sony Bravia XBR, Win7 Pro 64bit, Tai Chi watercooled case
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
Originally Posted By: -Avatar-
Originally Posted By: PatrickAWilson
Hey guys, not my call as it is 777's site. Seems like a good idea. Maybe it can get done.


Apologies, I mistakenly assumed that the file you submitted would just be put on their server, I didn't realize that they came up with the name for the file that they use on their server. I'll post my opinion over there. salute


Sorry, the misunderstanding is on my part. I thought that you meant the text in the download link and not the actual zip file name. I can look into putting the version number into the file name.

Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,984
-
Senior Member
Senior Member
- Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,984
Originally Posted By: PatrickAWilson
Originally Posted By: -Avatar-
Originally Posted By: PatrickAWilson
Hey guys, not my call as it is 777's site. Seems like a good idea. Maybe it can get done.


Apologies, I mistakenly assumed that the file you submitted would just be put on their server, I didn't realize that they came up with the name for the file that they use on their server. I'll post my opinion over there. salute


Sorry, the misunderstanding is on my part. I thought that you meant the text in the download link and not the actual zip file name. I can look into putting the version number into the file name.


No need to apologize, communication is a two way street and it's obvious I didn't explain myself clearly. Thanks for your consideration.


Avatar

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, i7 2700k @4.7GHz, EVGA GTX570HD 301.42s, 1x120gb SSD, 2x150gb WD Raptors, 2x200gb SATA, 16gb G.Skill DDR3 2130, 1000W PS, HP DVD-RW, Onboard sound, 32" Sony Bravia XBR, Win7 Pro 64bit, Tai Chi watercooled case
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 457
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 457
I was messing with my chalkboard font setting the other day and ended up saving it with a blank field, which has caused an error where I cannot access the settings anymore. Anyone know how to fix this? The error message states something to the effect that chalkboard font field is blank, and that I should shut down PWCG. Everything else works fine.


"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold."
1stLt. Clifton B. Cates, USMC
in Belleau Wood, 19 July 1918
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
You might have to manually edit the user config file.
1. Go to ...\RoFCampaign\Data\User
2. open RofCampaignUser.config
3. Find the entry for the font and delete it.

This will cause the default to be used again.

RofCampaignUser.config is where user changes to the shipped config are stored. The program looks here for user changes in preference to looking in the shipped config file for default values.

Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 49
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 49
Hi Pat

In order to use personal skins for aces, does that happen automatically now or do we still need to use the AcerSkin tool?

Cheers
Stu.

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
Not sure that I can answer that as I have never used AcerSkin. Anybody else know?

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,118
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,118
Stufer is asking whether PWCG now adds Ace skins automatically
Acerskin is a third party app written purposely for PWCG. It parses the the generated mission file and adds Ace aircraft skins where available.

In response to Stufer. I'm still using Acerskin


Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 49
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 49
Ah thanks Brigstock. I just wondered if it had been built into PWCG in one of the later iterations of it. I'll keep using AcerSkin too then. Pat, if you've never used it, I recommend it. It's really nice when you're in one of the ace-heavy squadrons like 56 or Jasta 11 to have most pilots in your flight using a personal skin.

Cheers
Stu.

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 152
O
An Ace in de Skys
Member
An Ace in de Skys
Member
O Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 152
I understand that AcerSkin runs from a database of Aces with their respective Aircraft Skins that needs updating with the latest Official and Historical Skinspack volumes. Has anyone brought the database up-to-date recemtly?

OlPaint


Within this vale
Of toil
And sin
Your head grows bald
But not your chin - use
Burma-Shave
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,910
Member
Member
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,910
No, but we could do this all. You have also including the names in PW-CG for, as a sample, the many jasta18 en 15 skins.

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,343
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,343
Just downloaded-is 6.1 the latest version?


Skids are for kids!
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 266
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 266
No,you are a bit behind with this Version.^^ The newest Version is 11.4 and you can get it here http://riseofflight.com/en/community/usefulmaterials

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,343
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,343
Thanks, my mistake was going to the link in the first post of this thread.

copter


Skids are for kids!
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,147
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,147
Why is there no clear install instructions for this? How is everyone figuring it out?
Here's what I have

"Installing Patrick Wilson's Campaign Mission Generator

Make sure Java is installed on your computer and for the correct operating system, i.e. there is a 64 bit version.

Unzip RoFCampaign download and install the RoFCampaign folder only in your ...\Rise of Flight\ game folder. This PW folder is the one with the .jar file & data & campaign folders; Pat may be using nested folders now to track version number so get only the right folder into the game.

Make sure you set the correct path for the Auto Results Directory when you set up the first time. See Elephant's post just above. (Huh? Elephant's Post?)
On main screen go into Configuration\Advanced Config\Configuration Parameters:GUI and enter for the Mission Log File Directory the following:
for a 64 bit system C:\Program Files (x86)\Rise of Flight\data
or for 32 bit OS just C:\Program Files\Rise of Flight\data

Now in the RoF game file (don't look for it in the RoFCampaign data folder) ...\Rise of Flight\data\Startup.cfg scroll to near the bottom and ensure that mission_text_log = 1, edit with Notepad if necessary and save.

Make a desktop shortcut to the RoFCampaign.jar, or set this file as a default start up option in your OS, this opens PW's campaign GUI."

Why is the .jar file in it's own RAR folder? Is this supposed to be the .exe for the generaor?
There's 2 filed in there.
Color me confused.


Are there any better, more clear instructions anywhere?
Thanks in advance.
Sorry if I'm being thick, but I don't have time to search a 70 page thread - I have very little time
to fly as it is.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,676
Likes: 1
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,676
Likes: 1
PM me. I got something for ya!


"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion."--- William Ralph Inge

"The ORIGINAL Barkhorn"
Page 73 of 78 1 2 … 71 72 73 74 75 77 78

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
"Problem occurred in connection"
by F4UDash4 - 09/14/26 01:41 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,069,808 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1