SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 6 of 442 1 2 … 4 5 6 7 8 … 441 442
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
TV: Season 1 of 24, episodes 5 & 6. One of the best seasons of any show on tv.

Movie: the Expendables. Saw Stallone's truck on a car show, thought I'd check it out again. Fell asleep somewhere around 20 minutes in.


·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 11,752
V
Veteran
Veteran
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 11,752
Originally Posted By: Harry-the-Ruskie
Noomi Rapace pretty not bad too. ... Her Prometheus scene with the auto-Caesarean machine freaked me out.


I started feeling a little sick during that scene.


"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx

“One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” -Milton Friedman

Quem Deus vult perdere, prius dementat
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 11,752
V
Veteran
Veteran
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 11,752
Originally Posted By: Jayhawk
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted By: Jayhawk
Last movie I saw was "Avengers", which I finally got around to watch via pay-TV pay-per-view in its full HD glory and AC3 surround sound. Sadly, I missed it in the theaters. frown

Hey, part of the film even took place in your hood! wink



Actually closer to Para Bellum's hood (Stuttgart is in the neighboring - and rival! - State of Baden-W�rttemberg) wink


I was about to make a comment on PM's statement there. If I remember Germany correctly, you have to drive 3 or 4 hours up A8 to get to Stuttgart.


"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx

“One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” -Milton Friedman

Quem Deus vult perdere, prius dementat
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Yeah, for some reason I thought they were in Munich, not Stuttgart in "The Avengers". DOH!


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 11,752
V
Veteran
Veteran
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 11,752
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
Yeah, for some reason I thought they were in Munich, not Stuttgart in "The Avengers". DOH!


I wonder if they shot that scene on location? I don't recall there being anything distinctively German in that scene (other than the actors). They could have shot it on a set. I have to admit though, the only parts of Stuttgart I've seen are the airport terminal and the entrance onto the autobahn. biggrin

Last edited by Vertigo1; 09/27/12 07:43 PM.

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx

“One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” -Milton Friedman

Quem Deus vult perdere, prius dementat
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 6,968
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 6,968
Originally Posted By: Vertigo1


I have to admit though, the only part of Stuttgart I've seen is the airport terminal and the entrance onto the autobahn. biggrin


Then you have seen pretty much all the highlights Stuttgart has to offer. duck biggrin


Why men throw their lives away attacking an armed Witcher... I'll never know. Something wrong with my face?
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,361
L
Senior Member
Senior Member
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,361
Yesterday: Das Boot (director's cut, german language)
Just hit play on "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" (Alec Guiness).

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Originally Posted By: Vertigo1


I wonder if they shot that scene on location?
Apparently not! Now the question is, where was the production really located when it was supposed to be "Stuttgart"? Was it somewhere in Ohio? LOL

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848228/locations


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 6,968
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 6,968
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted By: Vertigo1


I wonder if they shot that scene on location?
Apparently not! Now the question is, where was the production really located when it was supposed to be "Stuttgart"? Was it somewhere in Ohio? LOL

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848228/locations


And, why Stuttgart, of all places? Is Loki a Mercedes fan?


Why men throw their lives away attacking an armed Witcher... I'll never know. Something wrong with my face?
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 6,968
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 6,968
Originally Posted By: Colt40Five
I've been going through Strike Back recently. Started out as a 6 ep series on Sky in the UK and then Cinemax took it over and has put out 2 more seasons(season 3 has 3 eps left I believe) of 10 eps each. Really well done show about a covert operations team fighting doze ebil turrists.

I found it amusing that as soon as Cinemax took over production hardly an episode goes by without some pretty young thing getting naked on camera. It's also nice to see actors work in their native accent. In this case I'm talking about Andrew Lincoln(of Walking Dead fame). It always amazes me how some actors can swap so easily from accent to accent without giving their native one away.

If you're in the mood for some tacticool action give it a shot.


I just finished Season 1 and am now halfway through season 2 (more thoroughly this time, since I only discovered the show on TV when they were 2/3 into Season 2). Seems like half the "Game of Thrones" cast is in it, too (so far Ser Davos Seaworth and Ser Jorah Mormont). smile


Why men throw their lives away attacking an armed Witcher... I'll never know. Something wrong with my face?
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,947
D
Hotshot
Hotshot
D Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,947
Prometheus


regretted that one

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men's new season openers.

Imo both shows are playing the gay angle for laughs too often.


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,361
L
Senior Member
Senior Member
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,361
Yesterday: Smiley's People

Today: Peep Show (I'd watched season 1-3 when aired on TV, so starting with Season 4 & 5).

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,585
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,585
I watched an episode of Haven last night and have been working on the computer today entering my lawn business data into quickbooks since it is raining here too much to mow.


Have you seen the Arrow? WWW
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,335
N
Hotshot
Hotshot
N Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 7,335
Movie, Dark Shadows- it was good

T.V, Once upon a time- was good


Never rub another man's rhubarb.
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 9,710
L
Legsie is such a
Hotshot
Legsie is such a
Hotshot
L Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 9,710
Finished season 2 of Hawaii Five-0 yesterday. I think I've said it before: If you see someone driving a foreign car you know he's the Baddie of the Week�. Apart from that, I've yet to see one single good foreigner.
Plus the format is a bit tiring: Five-0 always finds something overlooked by the forensic experts, they have ridiculously far-fetched hunches that always turn out to be correct and the criminals used are not really the brightest as well.

Yes I know. I could also start reading a book.


There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more inexplicable.
There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Originally Posted By: Legend
Finished season 2 of Hawaii Five-0 yesterday. I think I've said it before: If you see someone driving a foreign car you know he's the Baddie of the Week™. Apart from that, I've yet to see one single good foreigner.
Plus the format is a bit tiring: Five-0 always finds something overlooked by the forensic experts, they have ridiculously far-fetched hunches that always turn out to be correct and the criminals used are not really the brightest as well.

Pretty much all of your cop/crime dramas on network tv are pretty formulaic. The cable shows are at least more creative.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Sergeant York with Gary Cooper.

Sergeant York (1941): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0034167/


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Master & Commander


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 243
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 243
Last movie rented was "Snow White and the Huntsman." I realize it was panned by the "critics" but you cannot always go by what they have to say. I thought for sure that Charlize could carry the whole movie just by being Charlize. Well, the critics were right! Special effects were great and Charlize was, well, Charlize! Worth seeing, but not a great movie.

Page 6 of 442 1 2 … 4 5 6 7 8 … 441 442

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,075,019 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1