SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 25 1 2 … 4 5 6 7 8 … 24 25
Cat #3642450 09/11/12 06:45 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665
H
Senior Member
Senior Member
H Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665
Uninstall, delete folder, download, reinstall...
biggrin


Hpasp
Free SAM Simulator, "Realistic to the Switch"

(U-2 over Sverdlovsk, B-52's over Hanoi, F-4 Phantoms over the Sinai, F-16's and the F-117A Stealth bomber over the Balkans.)
http://sites.google.com/site/samsimulator1972/home

Book from the author - Soviet Nuclear Weapons in Hungary 1961-1991
https://sites.google.com/view/nuclear-weapons-in-hungary/

thumbsup
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Cat #3642453 09/11/12 06:50 PM
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 916
F
farokh
Member
farokh
Member
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 916
guy's !!!!.......

edit: my cpu is a monster! AMD phenom II 1090 3.4ghz
+ ATI 5700 1GB + 2GB corsair GT ram (OC ready)


here is my test result!

CPU temperature with DEM is ON!

PS: i begin recording for 13min and 21s still my proccess staying in sam sim, u can check my elapsed time still down right of screen

i record my degree by degree with checker aida64 program




CPU temperature without DEM.. DEM was OFF

i feel again lagging without DEM too sigh


Last edited by milang; 09/11/12 08:46 PM.
Cat #3642540 09/11/12 09:38 PM
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 814
Likes: 2
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 814
Likes: 2
Discovered this little gem yesterday and I am very much enjoying it.
So far I primarily focus on the SA-75M Dvina with its fairly simple interface. By now I am reasonably familiar with it in the training, also reaching SNR Air times below 1min (for a single target).
As such I felt prepared for the challenge to start a historical engagement and selected the Sverdlovsk U2 as my target. Looking at the plotting board (screenshot, from base Kosulino), and if I understand the manual correctly (copied into the screenshot), I see three enemy flights:

5701: 1 Enemy 20.5km altitude, ~48km distance 219�
5702: 1 Enemy @20km altitude ~62km distance 210�
5703: 2 Enemies @11km altitude, ~75km distance 268�

Well, some Mig and Su pilots were a bit unfortunate to become subject of my confusion...

I would expect friendlies to be identified as such (1x, 5x) or if no IFF is available, then 9x.

Click to reveal..
08:46 1st of May 1960
CIA Operation Grand Slam.

SA-75M Dvina


+++++++++++++++++
00:01:24, SNR ON AIR


00:01:58, V-750VU 11DU Missile launched on Channel-1
Target distance: 34km
Target azimuth: 229�
Target elevation: 34�
Target altitude: 19.7km
SNR mode: 55km
Missile guidance method: K (Half Lead Elevated By Constans)


00:02:35, Missile exploded on Channel-1
Su-9 killed by SAM. (miss distance: 70m)

00:02:38, SNR OFF THE AIR
-----------------


Total, SNR On Air Time: 1min 8sec

Cat #3642607 09/12/12 12:02 AM
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 481
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 481

How to shoot down U2 with Dvina!

Very simply there are three objectives of our 2 MIG and SU and that U2

The question how to find, explain. look at the design parameters Speeds

U2 is very little speed of 150 m/s

Mig and Su speed of 300 m/s

So attention to the Speed Targets!

How to find the target with a speed of 150 m/s display on the instruments V in the

U2 flies at an altitude of 20 km, but at a low speed of 150 m/s!

So it's available!

I also like the earlier you shoot down this SU-9

WhoCares #3642744 09/12/12 04:50 AM
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,045
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,045
Quote:
I would expect friendlies to be identified as such (1x, 5x) or if no IFF is available, then 9x.


In fact, this event happens on 1-th of may, which is the international day of workers/labor and it was huge celebration in comunists countries. Most of the military personel was free of charge, and they forgot to change IFF codes for the 1-th of May, so that's why fighters are seen like "unfrendly" aircraft.


MAX2012 explained how you can distinguished targets (speed selection...) wink So, our posts should be moved to SA-75M/MK (SA-2F) section by the moderator...

Cat #3642820 09/12/12 10:07 AM
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 814
Likes: 2
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 814
Likes: 2
Thanks both of you, piston79 for the perfect explanation of my observation on the plotting board, and max2012 to improve my target identification skill thumbsup
When I thought I might spice the report up with a "successful" friendly fire report, it happened to me that I scored multiple times in a row on the U2; in that process it already dawned on me that the speed indicator might hint me to the right target. The proximity and occasionally crossing path of Su-9 and U-2 does not help in the process, sometimes having both on both azimuth and elevation screens. That also explains the fast target accuisition in my example, as I already knew where to point the dishes before going active bump
I guess I will have to prepare me some reference tables on target speeds and system characteristics; I am not that versed i Cold War tech...

Regarding moving the posts - we should actually hide/delete them to make sure that all n00bs fall into this "trap" to realise how detailed the sim and the scenarios really are - so far this seems to have worked pretty well, as I searched the forum for information on the scenario and this "problem", but found nothing wink

Last edited by WhoCares; 09/12/12 11:45 AM.
WhoCares #3648423 09/21/12 05:51 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665
H
Senior Member
Senior Member
H Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665
SAMSIM not only tries to simulate the actual SAM systems "Realistic to the Switch", but also tries to simulate the "Fog of War"!!!

Over Sverdlovsk, the Soviet IFF system completely failed, and SAM operators were under intense pressure to shot anything that flies...
... they done it.

Over Libya the switched off P-14 radar at Tripoli caused the IADS not to show the real targets...
... all SAMs are failed.

Over Serbia, the Plotting Board never indicated any Stealth planes, only the batteries P18 detected it, causing confusion.
Col. Zoltan Dani "I see a plane at ..."
HQ "Are you sure? We do not see anything there"
Col. Zoltan Dani "I see it, and I assume its enemy"
HQ "Please repeat position!"
Col. Zoltan Dani "Can I fire on it?"
...

These are REAL historical traps.
biggrin

Last edited by Hpasp; 09/21/12 06:01 PM.

Hpasp
Free SAM Simulator, "Realistic to the Switch"

(U-2 over Sverdlovsk, B-52's over Hanoi, F-4 Phantoms over the Sinai, F-16's and the F-117A Stealth bomber over the Balkans.)
http://sites.google.com/site/samsimulator1972/home

Book from the author - Soviet Nuclear Weapons in Hungary 1961-1991
https://sites.google.com/view/nuclear-weapons-in-hungary/

thumbsup
Hpasp #3648489 09/21/12 06:57 PM
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 916
F
farokh
Member
farokh
Member
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 916
Originally Posted By: Hpasp

Col. Zoltan Dani "I see a plane at ..."
HQ "Are you sure? We do not see anything there"
Col. Zoltan Dani "I see it, and I assume its enemy"
HQ "Please repeat position!"
Col. Zoltan Dani "Can I fire on it?"
...


what a Effective sentence reading like a Cinematic famous dialog jamesbond

Last edited by milang; 09/29/12 08:34 PM.
Cat #3653176 09/29/12 07:46 PM
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 432
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 432
So... Anybody look in to the SA-3 bugs?

jazjar #3653187 09/29/12 08:09 PM
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 916
F
farokh
Member
farokh
Member
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 916
Originally Posted By: jazjar
So... Anybody look in to the SA-3 bugs?


almost sa-3 bug is fixed also that bug where when u launch missile ... your missile was missed... but its fixed right now

of course lagging bug is still alive frown

Last edited by milang; 09/29/12 10:24 PM.
Cat #3653345 09/30/12 05:00 AM
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 432
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 432
Hey, is there a randomness variable inserted when the SA-3 is fired at targets that are jamming with the ALE-50 decoy? I just woke up today after a long nap, fired up SAM simulator, picked OAF scenario 2, did the northernwestern most battery, ( 2/250rd) I believe? Shot the F-16 coming in from the northeast of that battery down in one shot, one shot at about 15km. I tried the same thing over and over again and it kept hitting the decoy, hitting the decoy, I shot at ~15km over and over again, but couldn't make that shot. And yes, Hpasp, I know you are dissapointed that we're not trying for the stealth aircraft, but for me, I just complete my challenges in order from easiest to toughest:)

farokh #3653348 09/30/12 05:30 AM
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,045
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,045
Originally Posted By: milang

of course lagging bug is still alive frown


I think it has something common with paging file of Windows...

piston79 #3653395 09/30/12 09:24 AM
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 916
F
farokh
Member
farokh
Member
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 916
Originally Posted By: piston79
Originally Posted By: milang

of course lagging bug is still alive frown


I think it has something common with paging file of Windows...


i dont know nope

hpasp do not feel this bug but... me and you and montieris feel this bug after 9 or 10 minutes .... confused
It is strange bug

also when lagging begin....when i push f4 key... the lagging going to high level...........

Last edited by milang; 09/30/12 09:26 AM.
farokh #3653397 09/30/12 09:36 AM
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 120
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 120
Originally Posted By: milang

of course lagging bug is still alive


Just reinstall SAM SIM

montieris #3653400 09/30/12 09:50 AM
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 916
F
farokh
Member
farokh
Member
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 916
Originally Posted By: montieris
Originally Posted By: milang

of course lagging bug is still alive


Just reinstall SAM SIM


are u sure with reinstall bug fixed?????

Last edited by milang; 09/30/12 09:52 AM.
Cat #3653405 09/30/12 10:22 AM
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 120
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 120
Probably not. Just don't use S-125 in Linebacker II.

That bug caused more severe corruption/lags for all sam systems, only fix was to reinstall. (see posts before)

Cat #3664202 10/17/12 02:55 AM
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 481
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 481

Asuluk training ground.

Practice target:
RM-217 Zvezda [program-1] simulating Tornado

S-75M3 Volkhov


00:00, Practice target RM-217 Zvezda [program-1] simulating Tornado launched

+++++++++++++++++
00:00:05, SNR ON AIR


00:00:56, V-755 20DSU Missile launched on Channel-1
Target distance: 31km
Target azimuth: 94�
Target elevation: 6�
Target altitude: 3,5km
SNR mode: Wide Beam H<5 - 75km
Missile guidance method: K (Half Lead Elevated By Constans)


00:01:23, Missile exploded on Channel-1
Practice target RM-217 Zvezda [program-1] simulating Tornado killed by SAM. (miss distance: 19m)

Total, SNR On Air Time: 1min 57sec






Cat #3664206 10/17/12 02:58 AM
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 481
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 481

Everywhere different target height

1. In the Report of 3.5 km.

2. In SAM 100 meters.

3. in 3D Report 338 meters.

Question so what is the height?

max2012 #3664286 10/17/12 06:38 AM
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,045
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,045
Originally Posted By: max2012

Everywhere different target height
1. In the Report of 3.5 km.
2. In SAM 100 meters.
3. in 3D Report 338 meters.
Question so what is the height?


338 meters... You can see it from 3DAAR of the TARGET TRACK!!!

Also in the old forum, this issue was discussed:
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3539199/Re_SAM_Simulator.html#Post3539199
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3535966/Re_SAM_Simulator.html#Post3535966

Hpasp said:
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3539451/Re_SAM_Simulator.html#Post3539451

Last edited by piston79; 10/17/12 07:55 AM.
Cat #3664379 10/17/12 12:13 PM
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 481
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 481

I knew already that the example of the same "Tornado" at 300 meters, although in itself written

H = 100 m!

With Volkhov everywhere on small targets problem.

Well, I guess now it Hpasp generally better not to touch it, because it makes the "Shilka"

I think it is not necessary to unnerve Hpasp

And so he is now on the nerves of all this Shilka!

Page 6 of 25 1 2 … 4 5 6 7 8 … 24 25

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,071,282 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1