I know the Ramsey original of that song Piper, nice version of a classic.
Heres John Martyn with "Spencer the Rover", lovely folk tune. I could have listened to this bloke play acoustic all day, not to mention the voice.
"Small Hours", one of my faves of all time, from any artist. Fecking Voodoo magick, man....Sublime. I know I'm going on about it a bit but it blows my mind how incredibly f*cking good it is, on many levels. This has a mighty 5,000 views on YT, whilst Nicki Minaj has about 500 million. WTF is wrong with this world.
John Martyn with the Floyds Dave Gilmour, ye might like this one Piper, "One World". Nice n' trippy, good vibes.
Here is one of the world's best voices which I never would have known about were it not for my godfather who played this tune for me on a CD some years ago. This is from a 1990 concert recorded at the Palacio de Bellas Artes in Mexico City (thus the album's name Juan Gabriel: En el Palacio de Bellas Artes). This song actually turns into a jam that lasts forever, so once the drums start you will have heard the gist of the song. The point is, his voice is beautiful, strong, and dynamic, and sounds just as good at the end of this 3+ hour concert as it did at the beginning. I honestly don't know much of his stuff, but last weekend I watched this entire concert and was impressed just by his voice alone.
Dunno what it is with you & redheads, Biggles, whether it's Flo or Mr. Lydon. Love it either way.
The only thing to report from the vault is a recent trip to one of my favorite 'villes to once again see Tedeschi Trucks Band, this time at the Ryman Auditorium...I've got so much respect for that room, the history and the sound are so perfect. No good video as it's such a small venue, but managed to take a few decent pics with the phone.
Here's the way in...
During one of the highlights of the fantastic show... 04/29/12 Ryman Auditorium, Nashville, TN.
And, of course, the mission accomplished pic...
Planning on hitting a Dr. John and Gov't Mule show at the fabulous Iroquios Amphitheater here in Louisville in June, and a pair of Furthur shows in Atlanta and Raleigh in July. Once again going to Xmas Jam in Asheville, and doing the New Year�s Eve run at the Beacon with the Mule. Hoping to squeeze in a few Bluegrass festivals, an Allman Bros.show, and an Alabama Shakes show sometime this year too. Plus we've got our Waterfront Wednesday shows all summer and the Forecastle Festival to work in too...so much music, so little time.
It was 1990, give or take, I don't remember When the news of revolution hit the air The girls hadn't even started taking down our posters When the boys started cutting off their hair
The radio stations all decided angst was finally old enough It ought to have a proper home Dead, fat, or rich, nobody�s left to #%&*$# About the goings on in self destructive zones
Play it again, Sam. Thanks tae Piper for this tune, wonderful. 1, 2, 3, 4!
Jane says I'm done with Sergio He treats me like a ragdoll She hides The television Says I don't owe him nothing, But if he comes back again Tell him to wait right here for me Or just Try again tomorrow I'm gonna kick tomorrow Gonna kick tomorrow
Jane says Have you seen my wig around? I feel naked without it She knows They all want her to go But that's O.K. man She dont like them anyway Jane says She's goin away to spain When she gets my money saved I'm gonna start tomorrow I'm gonna kick tomorrow Gonna kick tomorrow
She gets mad Starts to cry She takes a swing but She cant hit She don't mean no harm She just don't know What else to do about it
Jane goes To the store at 8:00 She walk up on St. Andrews She waits And gets her dinner there She pulls her dinner From her pocket Jane says I've never been in love I don't know what it is Only knows if someone wants her I want them if they want me I only know they want me
She gets mad And she starts to cry She takes a swing man She cant hit! She don't mean no harm She just dont know What else to do about it
PLF full set rehearsal at Terrapin Crossroads for the winter/spring run; it�s basically the same excellent PLF lineup from Xmas Jam, with the addition of John Scofield on guitar.
Althea Scarlet Begonias Fire On The Mountain Saint Stephen Layla Cryptical Envelopment Magic Bus The Other One IKYR Donor Rap GDTR
It was 1990, give or take, I don't remember When the news of revolution hit the air The girls hadn't even started taking down our posters When the boys started cutting off their hair
The radio stations all decided angst was finally old enough It ought to have a proper home Dead, fat, or rich, nobody�s left to #%&*$# About the goings on in self destructive zones