|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 916
farokh Member
|
|
farokh Member
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 916 |
dear Hpasp ... u think im joking??? no joke... i want just learn and tuch most of surface air defense in simulator... because i love surface air defense... just it.. love love love to touche surface missile in simulator... 
Last edited by milang; 04/23/12 02:07 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665 |
Dear Milang, To be able to create a realistic SAM Simulator for any system, I need all the following three items: - Unclassified Operating Manuals. - Access to a real system console for several hours, to be able to take the required photos. - Access to Fire Control Officers who are trained on that system, to answer questions. (I'm always happy to receive help for these above, from anybody.) Hungary fielded only the following SAM systems during the Cold War: SA-75M Dvina (SA-2A/B/F) S-75M Volhov (SA-2E) S-125M Neva (SA-3B) S-200VE Vega-E (SA-5B) 2K11 KRUG (SA-4B) 2K12 KUB (SA-6) The 2K12 KUB (SA-6) system is still in live service in Hungary, so it will not be simulated, until it is removed from service. (As I'm not the Defense Minister of Hungary, I cannot tell, when will it happen...) Just to understand my personal efforts invested, for adding a new SAM system... ... only to be able to simulate the Nike-Hercules system in the future, I would need to take a ~2000km drive for the required photos...Br, Hpasp
Last edited by Hpasp; 04/23/12 06:40 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,045
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,045 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 120
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 120 |
Grats with publicity on rockpapershotgun! 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 5
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 5 |
Hi Hpasp,
I'm not sure if the following are bugs or not, thought I'd point them out anyways. Currently using version 0.923.3, so these might have already been addressed in the betas.
1) When utilizing the Volhov system to engage noise jamming targets, as described in the manual, I noticed that the target's speed displayed on the I-66V/I-64 panel is independent of the altitude or range assigned to the I87V instrument. Is this correct?
2) When playing the last two scenarios for �War of Attrition�, I noticed that the SAM battalion selection screen displays all battery elevations at 10-m.
Thanks!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 95
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 95 |
One problem with doing new systems, which other have told you, is three fold:
1) A lack of operating manuals. Se we really can never be sure what is actually going on under the hood 2) Not being able to take photos of the system. If a system is still in service and not on public display at a museum it would probably (not a 100% here) take special permissions in order to take photos of current equipment. 3) legal problems associated with doing a 100% accurate simulation of current military equipment. I would rather shoot with old sistems than with none at all because the creator got thrown in the slammer.
Also, what is wrong with old stuff? Maybe your friends should learn the value of history and the like.
Also, I think I set a new record for being shot by a harm. 6 seconds on air at el dorado.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 95
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 95 |
Also, this picture:  is really sexy. Thanks!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 916
farokh Member
|
|
farokh Member
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 916 |
Last edited by milang; 05/21/12 11:13 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,361
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,361 |
It is also really an SA6, one of the systems not present 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,045
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,045 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,361
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,361 |
<Shrug>
I can't follow your line of reasoning, mostly because of the language barrier. No point in re-iterating a desire for some feature that isn't on the road map for reasons already explained:
Sensitivity of systems still in use in the Hungarian national ADA. Lack of adequate availability to simulate (rather than vaguely approximate) other modern systems. Adequacy of the currently simulated systems for almost all real-world engagements with fixed SAM systems. SA-6, SA-8, SA-9, SA-13, SA-19 and SA-11 are all mobile/semi-mobile SHORAD. They are by their nature dispersed, operate from less than optimal sites and most will not get adequate opportunities to shoot, and may be moving when they 'could' fire. They also are visual-range weapons, and most have visual/IR only modes, or have an important visual backup.
Hercules is interesting as it is a directly comparable system to the modelled Russian systems - similar age and function, and the comparison of the two national approaches will be interesting.
Finally the early systems are interesting because they are limited - they need to be worked to obtain good results, and worked hard to get them fast. Having a 'wish-them-dead' automated Patriot/s-300 would be less ~ engaging.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 95
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 95 |
They probably wouldn't kill "MR. HP", however every country is very very protective of its military tech. Mr. HP (as he is now called, apparently) would probably not be allowed to get his photos or to publish the SAM sim with new SAMs. About not liking old stuff, and analog gauges... I really can't sympathize with you, sorry. I love old stuff. Just a few days ago I checked and found that I have over 13 GB of DOS programs and games (some are old flight sims! Like falcon 3.0!)on my computer. I love old stuff. I also really like history and being able to study how situations could have been played out better by people involved in them. If you look at a historical event you have much more detail than a "what-if scenario" and some times learn more from it. "To each his own" as the libertarian party in my country would say @piston. That videos makes me want to kill you out of jealousy. Good shot man. Good shot. Still using the K mode on it? I'm going to try some SR-71 shots soon. NO NUKES for me this time.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,045
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,045 |
That videos makes me want to kill you out of jealousy. Good shot man. Good shot. Still using the K mode on it? I'm going to try some SR-71 shots soon. NO NUKES for me this time. Which video? That was 3DAAR with "Volkhov" and SR-71 runs away (apparently it's not so clear from this angle, but wanted to show the whole situation). Shots were in I-87TT mode. Note the fourth missile chasing the "Habu" but it runs away.... 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665 |
I was looking tracks in Linebacker and found that F-4's, which blocked the airfields, has speed at 250 to 330 km/h, which seems be slightly above the take off speed.
I believe they should performe faster, at least snailing with 300 km/h on 2000 meters is a bit unhealthy (NVA doesn't suffer from AAA shortage, especially arround important objects). This speed is from pilot memoirs. (also from Soviet docs.) They were lowered their flaps, and wondered why nobody was shooting at them. NVA was waiting for the B-52's.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665 |
Hi Hpasp,
I'm not sure if the following are bugs or not, thought I'd point them out anyways. Currently using version 0.923.3, so these might have already been addressed in the betas.
2) When playing the last two scenarios for �War of Attrition�, I noticed that the SAM battalion selection screen displays all battery elevations at 10-m.
Thanks! That is a bug, I will correct it. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 95
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 95 |
That videos makes me want to kill you out of jealousy. Good shot man. Good shot. Still using the K mode on it? I'm going to try some SR-71 shots soon. NO NUKES for me this time. Which video? That was 3DAAR with "Volkhov" and SR-71 runs away (apparently it's not so clear from this angle, but wanted to show the whole situation). Shots were in I-87TT mode. Note the fourth missile chasing the "Habu" but it runs away.... The angle was bad and I thought you hit it. I am going to try some shots, so be prepared for my epic fails.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665 |
Also, this picture: is really sexy. Thanks! Some more KUB...  
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,045
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,045 |
The angle was bad and I thought you hit it. I am going to try some shots, so be prepared for my epic fails. No, you will do it fine! Volkhov could bring the SR-71 pretty easy... Only choosing the right SAM battery is the most important! (you saw I didn't choose the right one  ). Waitting for victoriouse AAR! 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665 |
Last edited by Hpasp; 04/25/12 05:27 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|