SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,818
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,818
I agree, what ever improvements we get look aged because of the jaggies, If were going to get FSAA they should come with the graphics patch.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,088
S
disillusioned
Member
disillusioned
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,088
quote
they should come with the graphics patch

and a cold beer!....furbs, your about 2 weeks away from becoming a senior member

Last edited by SlipBall; 04/01/12 10:40 PM.

Post composed with speech to text, it woks grape!


Clod
OEM screenshots & videos of Eu release..So I fly the original game because I am a off-liner and the game's AI was broken after the last good patch, game version 1.0.13954
GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 599
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 599

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,818
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,818
The CLOD IL2 and landscape looks better, but does it look 10 years better?

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 864
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 864
I don't care much about the graphics, clod looks plenty good to me. The lack of a game in there is my worry.

-C-

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 761
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 761
Originally Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs
The CLOD IL2 and landscape looks better, but does it look 10 years better?

This is what modern graphics look like wink ...

Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 6
H
Junior Member
Junior Member
H Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 6
Originally Posted By: JG52Uther
Originally Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs
The CLOD IL2 and landscape looks better, but does it look 10 years better?

This is what modern graphics look like wink ...


If that's what I think it is (PCars) then technically that's the graphics of 2013, when it's due for release wink

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,818
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,818
I know Uther, no trouble with FSAA, DX11 and 64bit exe there.

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 761
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 761
And a patch every week...

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,818
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,818
I bet Sli works already too.

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 314
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 314
Apples and Oranges!

Wonderful graphics, but nothing to compare.

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
B
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
Ha modern graphics are easy, but try it in a flight sim! smile

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 761
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 761
Absolutely, theres a world of difference. I know what I currently prefer though. I didn't look at the il2 Sturmo pics and think 'wow'

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,818
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,818
Robtek, what im getting at is the skill of the developers to utilize modern graphic features in a modern game.

CLOD to me looks 5 years old already(apart from the cockpits)

Last edited by BKHZ_Furbs; 04/02/12 08:54 PM.
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,737
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,737
WMD who make Project C.A.R.S are an experienced team, who are at the top of their game. The title is community funded, features a core code base of several AAA previous titles (Shift 2 etc) and their team reads like a who's who of racing titles.

CloD isn't in the same genre, tax bracket or team calibre. Not being rude to 1C, but the size of the market for a cross-platform AAA racing title like pCars is turning out to be is at least 10x the WW2 flight sim market. We might as well compare the pilot figure with the graphics in Mass Effect 3.. smile


Edit: Also, just to add, as I've played a fair bit of pCARS. It's an alpha version, with no release date as yet. The AI is not good, i.e. say significantly worse than dogfights in CloD smile some of the graphics pop-up is not ideal and the bugs/glitches are (forgivably, it's alpha) fairly serious each time it's patched. In the last month I've downloaded about 30GB of patches.. Having said that, it's an excellent title so far.

Last edited by FearlessFrog; 04/02/12 08:53 PM. Reason: Grass not always Greener
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,088
S
disillusioned
Member
disillusioned
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,088
But is state of the art graphic features even possible in a sim like Clod, considering all the other features, weather, DM etc.


Post composed with speech to text, it woks grape!


Clod
OEM screenshots & videos of Eu release..So I fly the original game because I am a off-liner and the game's AI was broken after the last good patch, game version 1.0.13954
GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,812
J
Frugalite & P-38 fan
Senior Member
Frugalite & P-38 fan
Senior Member
J Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,812
Originally Posted By: SlipBall
But is state of the art graphic features even possible in a sim like Clod, considering all the other features, weather, DM etc.
Without a doubt. They don't need to be applied on the entire visible world. They only need to be there, where they can be seen. Think of the grass, it only appears at a certain distance. Also, state of the art graphics do not preclude the use of resources. Quite often they free up resources, because these effects use tricks, shortcuts and algorithms.

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
B
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
Possible, but not probable, perhaps

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
I would imagine that DX11 with give a considerable boost to the look of COD graphics. They built DX11 into the game engine but haven't enabled it, so I would assume it could be enabled at some point. That said I have no idea how the graphic/performance rewrite has effected DX11 code in CODs game engine. I know Oleg/or Luthier, I can't remember which stated that their was also some bugs in the Microsoft DX11 code in the manor they wished to use it with COD. Hopefully at some point it will all get sorted. I know the developer was designing the new game engine with enough future proofing for the engine to have a longer life than the original engine.


Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 605
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 605
I think you're making a lot of assumptions here, never seen anything indicating DX11 is implemented, just that the tools were used, its not the same thing.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,074,765 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1