SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
Page 51 of 78 1 2 … 49 50 51 52 53 … 77 78
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,287
Likes: 1
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,287
Likes: 1
I don't know why the download section in Wings of Honor is so messed up!
(and it was always this way)
There is a download page for v.10.0 that derives you to a 4 mirrors page none of them is 10.0!
Why on earth to do that?
The most frustrating thing is that you don't know what version you're downloading, actually!
In the previous version's download the latest version was only one of the 4 mirrors while the rest were previous versions.
I'm now realising that I had those take off line up problems, because I was downgrading actually, instead of upgrading...
(before the time the version's name was visible on the jar).... cuss2

Last edited by elephant_; 09/28/11 07:45 AM.

WOFF UE, BOC member, Albatros pilot.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 317
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 317
Can someone post this file in a place where you don't have to register to use it? I would like to try it out.

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
If somebody can provide a home I will be happy to send it along. In the meantime I will try again. Look for RoFCampaign10.0.zip.

An attempt at an explanation: It looks like the download button is broken. The only way to get the file is to look at "previous versions", which is why you have 4 (hopefully 5 soon) choices. I always used ROFCampaign.zip as a name because I wanted an overwrite. That is not happening so I went back to putting the version number into the file name. Hopefully that will make it easy to identify.

Last edited by PatrickAWilson; 09/28/11 12:22 PM.
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,287
Likes: 1
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,287
Likes: 1
The Official site could update the older version they are hosting in their Usefull Materials section.
I could also host it in my Mediafire Folder... yep


WOFF UE, BOC member, Albatros pilot.

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 317
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 317
elephant that would be very helpful!

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 152
O
An Ace in de Skys
Member
An Ace in de Skys
Member
O Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 152
@Patrick

Still "no joy" for download of PWCG Ver 10.0 on Wings of Honor download page( http://www.wingsofhonour.com/forums/ipboard/index.php?/files/download/7-rofcampaignzip/ ). The four files currently showing are ver 8.0, ver 9.2, ver 9.3 and ver 9.4 in that order.

Please let Elephant_ post your latest version 10.0. I have successfully pulled files down from his Mediafire account page.

OlPaint


Within this vale
Of toil
And sin
Your head grows bald
But not your chin - use
Burma-Shave
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 615
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 615
Why not just upload it as a zip to the RoF forum?

Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 522
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 522
Don't know if there is any background history that prevents it but IMHO I would have thought SimHQ would have been a natural place for also hosting the file and I would have thought the SimHQ staff would have been happy to do so. You could continue to host it at WoH as in my experience having a few different mirrors around is a good idea in case one site goes down for some reason.

Cheers,
Stonehouse

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,426
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,426
WHy not just put it up on mediafire or fileshare or something?

Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,256
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,256
SimHQ has a Download area, a very small one, but maybe because size and requirements for download streams can get out of hand I suppose.

Patrick I sent you a PM with a suggestion.

Last edited by Bandy; 09/29/11 12:36 PM.

4x2.66 GHz Xeons, XFX 4870 1 GB, 11 GB DDR2 RAM, Win7 Pro x64, 120 GB OCZ Vertex2 (MLC, Sandforce)
26" VIZIO 1920x1200, Logitech FF 3D Pro, CH pedals, Track IR4
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 317
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 317
Ummmmm.....any luck getting this campaign uploaded to mediafire Elephant?

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,287
Likes: 1
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,287
Likes: 1
I don't have it... nope


WOFF UE, BOC member, Albatros pilot.

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 317
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 317
Okay.....ummmm....Pat??? Is there a reason you didnt send it to elephant?

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,287
Likes: 1
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,287
Likes: 1


WOFF UE, BOC member, Albatros pilot.

Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 522
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 522
Thank you Elephant. Just in time for my week's vacation biggrin


Also apologies Patrick, I meant to say in my earlier post - Thank you for your hard work in bringing us this great utility.

Cheers,
Stonehouse

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
Elefant beat me to it - my thanks to WO Jons for hosting. I am also working with CombatACE.com (thanks Bandy) to get it up there.

http://www.warplanorange.net/resources/

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
Originally Posted By: Lanzfeld113
Okay.....ummmm....Pat??? Is there a reason you didnt send it to elephant?


Probably because I am aging and getting easily confused smile

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
Per the original post - Don't beafraid to use a performance setting of "Low". That is what I use. It does not mean no action. There are probably still as many planes and objects in a mission as there are in a normal RoF campaign mission.

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 11
W
Junior Member
Junior Member
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 11
Originally Posted By: PatrickAWilson
my thanks to WO Jons for hosting. I am also working with CombatACE.com (thanks Bandy) to get it up there.

http://www.warplanorange.net/resources/
Just for the record, I fly as WPO_Jones, representing the War Plan Orange squadron and gaming group. Thanks for your excellent work creating this software, Patrick!

Last edited by WPO_Jones; 09/30/11 03:52 PM.
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,256
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,256
Well, it's a Friday night and everyone else in the family is in bed. What better thing to do than fly Pat's new version 10 of the generator!

Question: I try to set the 'Simplified Config' to Low as suggested, but I get the following message:
"Changing mission options cannot be undone. Continue?"

EDIT: OK, all is well in the world, simply continue... duh
However, what are the ramifications? Perhaps once you start a campaign under certain "mission options" such as Low the campaign cannot be switched to Medium? It is unclear.

Also, I transferred and am continuing with an old campaign with Esc3, now with SPAD VII's (previously N17's in that campaign), however all AI skins were generic not the escadrille skin available. I did notice that PW 10 lists Esc3, BUT the skin is named SPA3, the correct designation when switched over to SPAD's. Could this be the issue?


Last edited by Bandy; 10/01/11 09:09 AM.

4x2.66 GHz Xeons, XFX 4870 1 GB, 11 GB DDR2 RAM, Win7 Pro x64, 120 GB OCZ Vertex2 (MLC, Sandforce)
26" VIZIO 1920x1200, Logitech FF 3D Pro, CH pedals, Track IR4
Page 51 of 78 1 2 … 49 50 51 52 53 … 77 78

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,074,742 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1