SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#334458 07/04/04 01:33 PM
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 9,710
L
Legsie is such a
Hotshot
Legsie is such a
Hotshot
L Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 9,710
on the CheckSix website, there's now a One-Click installer for Falcon. Haven't tried it yet, but it seems very promising. I also don't know about HiTiles and additional cockpits yet.

http://www.checksix-fr.com/bibliotheque/index.php?page=detail&ID=1857

Pay attention to the instructions: Disable screensaver and leave the computer alone until it's finished, or the computer may 'hang'.


There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more inexplicable.
There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#334459 07/04/04 02:41 PM
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 9,710
L
Legsie is such a
Hotshot
Legsie is such a
Hotshot
L Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 9,710
New information: For this installer you will also need to download extra files. However, a "Full installer" is forthcoming - a single, 200 MB file with everyting you need (except the payware stuff of course).


There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more inexplicable.
There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
#334460 07/04/04 02:48 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 40,112
2
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel
2 Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 40,112
WOW! Can this is true?

Oh, I have got to check this out, especially since the other day when I thought it was all gone!

Thanks, Legend, terrific news! \:D


Pat Tillman (1976-2004):
4 years Arizona State University, graduated with high honors.
5 seasons National Football League player, Arizona Cardinals.
Forever United States Army Ranger.
#334461 07/06/04 06:17 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 40,112
2
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel
2 Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 40,112
No other replies on this?

I haven't had a chance to check it out, but a one step installer is "Holy Grail" turf, isn't it?

Maybe we need to wait a while and see how it evolves, but it sure sounds good to me.


Pat Tillman (1976-2004):
4 years Arizona State University, graduated with high honors.
5 seasons National Football League player, Arizona Cardinals.
Forever United States Army Ranger.
#334462 07/07/04 02:34 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 8
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 8
I installed the one click installer a couple nights ago. Slick and it appears to be working well so far although I have been tweaing it so far and havn't flown a campaign missin yet.


Major_C/O_421st_IP
#334463 07/07/04 02:45 AM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,581
O
Senior Member
Senior Member
O Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,581
There is no such thing as a one click installer - to claim something of such is signs of delusion.

#334464 07/07/04 05:47 AM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 40,112
2
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel
2 Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 40,112
Well, OK, but the CheckSix site does say one step install...I know my French, how do you say, SUX, but the one step part was in English.

Legend, are you delusional too?


Pat Tillman (1976-2004):
4 years Arizona State University, graduated with high honors.
5 seasons National Football League player, Arizona Cardinals.
Forever United States Army Ranger.
#334465 07/07/04 07:45 AM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 4,920
D
I Don't Care Bear
Senior Member
I Don't Care Bear
Senior Member
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 4,920
Don't you have to double click .exe's to make them, well, exe themselves? :p Where's a lawyer, I'm thinking Check-Six will be writing me a check...six figures long. *End dillusion*


Suicide is man's way of telling god "You can't fire me, I quit!"
#334466 07/07/04 08:12 AM
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 9,710
L
Legsie is such a
Hotshot
Legsie is such a
Hotshot
L Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 9,710
[shame]Haven't even tried it. Call it fear. My setup currently works (including Aeyes' A-10 pit with which I had some troubles initially as I didn't read the instructions), I'm in the middle of a campaign, and I understand there should be a "total" package soon.[/shame]. Of course I know I can save my current Falcon4 directory in a single zip-file (including the Registry Key) but I don't have the time (or rather, don't want to spend the time) experimenting at the moment. Hopefully August will be a better time for that.


There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more inexplicable.
There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,390 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1