SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#3310159 06/03/11 03:28 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 310
Member
Member
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 310
Well, just bought 5 mods but I really feel that it is a bit to much demanding $5 for a reflector sight when the whole plane is $7.62? I have no problem putting up $7-10 for a plane that has a lot of love and hard work poured into it, but paying $5 for the same reflector sight for both the D VII and then the D VIIF? C'mon... It would be OK to pay $5 for the sight and then it works in the planes where it fits, but paying for each plane leaves a sour taste in my mouth at least wink Not that I don't have the money, but I don't like feeling like I did a bad purchase. Maybe thats only me.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

mazex #3310171 06/03/11 03:42 PM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 167
Q
Member
Member
Q Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 167
I'm pretty sure WWI pilots didn't carry personal reflector sights around in their hip pockets. Rather, the sights were attached to the planes, one per plane.

So the mod field packs - one per plane - make perfect sense.

mazex #3310179 06/03/11 03:49 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 9,145
Likes: 8
A
Hotshot
Hotshot
A Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 9,145
Likes: 8
I just bought the whole lot. $40 and some change isn't a bad price for this DLC IMO. smile


"Go Fly A Kite!"
-Jason R.
FS-WWI Project Leader
FS-WWI Plane Pack Site

Intel i7 14700k
Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite X
64GB Corsair DDR5 6400 Dominator Titanium
AMD XFX 7900 XTX Merc310 Black Edition
LG UltraGear 38GN95B-B 38" monitor
Corsair HX1200 PSU
1TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
2TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
Two 2TB EVO 860 SSDs
Sound Blaster ZxR
Win 10 x64 Pro
HOTAS Cougar #4069 w/Uber II Nxt mod #284 & UTM bushings
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,984
-
Senior Member
Senior Member
- Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,984
Originally Posted By: ArgonV
I just bought the whole lot. $40 and some change isn't a bad price for this DLC IMO. smile


I did the same thing. Not because I'll use them all, some of them in certain planes I just plain don't like so I won't use them, but just wanted to support the team so they'll keep making and improving on all these neat things for us to play with. I hear where he's coming from but from my perspective it's well worth it to help fund continued development.


Avatar

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, i7 2700k @4.7GHz, EVGA GTX570HD 301.42s, 1x120gb SSD, 2x150gb WD Raptors, 2x200gb SATA, 16gb G.Skill DDR3 2130, 1000W PS, HP DVD-RW, Onboard sound, 32" Sony Bravia XBR, Win7 Pro 64bit, Tai Chi watercooled case
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 167
Q
Member
Member
Q Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 167
Originally Posted By: -Avatar-
Originally Posted By: ArgonV
I just bought the whole lot. $40 and some change isn't a bad price for this DLC IMO. smile


I did the same thing. Not because I'll use them all, some of them in certain planes I just plain don't like so I won't use them, but just wanted to support the team so they'll keep making and improving on all these neat things for us to play with. I hear where he's coming from but from my perspective it's well worth it to help fund continued development.


Same here.

mazex #3310208 06/03/11 04:34 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,134
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,134
probably better for your sanity if you reconcile the fact that you aren't paying 5$ for a mod, rather you are paying 5$ for continued development.

Is 5$ nuts for a site? yup. Is 5$ nuts to keep this game alive? nope.

mazex #3310344 06/03/11 07:23 PM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6,623
M
Hotshot
Hotshot
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6,623
I thought the same initially but when I considered that 777 have had to alter the cockpit and external models for each plane that has the Aldis, or other sight mods, this way of selling makes sense.

Also if 777 had charged say, $20 for the Aldis then someone that only used it on one plane might feel hard done to when I could use it on 5 planes for my money. Just a thought.

I agree with Swampthing that its really paying for continued development. $5 for somthing functional isn't too bad you can pay similar prices in shooter land for weapon skins and such.


WAS C2D 8500 3.16ghz, 285gtx 1gb, 4gig ram, XP NOW Win7 64, I5 2500K, SSD, 8Gig ram, GTX 570
mazex #3310354 06/03/11 07:31 PM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 587
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 587
Originally Posted By: mazex
Well, just bought 5 mods but I really feel that it is a bit to much demanding $5 for a reflector sight when the whole plane is $7.62? I have no problem putting up $7-10 for a plane that has a lot of love and hard work poured into it, but paying $5 for the same reflector sight for both the D VII and then the D VIIF? C'mon... It would be OK to pay $5 for the sight and then it works in the planes where it fits, but paying for each plane leaves a sour taste in my mouth at least wink Not that I don't have the money, but I don't like feeling like I did a bad purchase. Maybe thats only me.


Just note, it is not just reflector sight. You get also high altimeter (shows altitude up to 8km), anemometer (Speed gauge like in Dr.I), ammo counters (in D.VII) and cockpit light. IMHO most important in that pack is anemometer(You actually can now turn/climb with optimal speed as you now can know it)...


You can get used to everything, but icicle in the a**. It melts before you get used to it.
MIG77 #3310395 06/03/11 08:15 PM
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,984
-
Senior Member
Senior Member
- Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,984
Originally Posted By: MIG77
IMHO most important in that pack is anemometer(You actually can now turn/climb with optimal speed as you now can know it)...


Hey good point MIG77!


Avatar

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, i7 2700k @4.7GHz, EVGA GTX570HD 301.42s, 1x120gb SSD, 2x150gb WD Raptors, 2x200gb SATA, 16gb G.Skill DDR3 2130, 1000W PS, HP DVD-RW, Onboard sound, 32" Sony Bravia XBR, Win7 Pro 64bit, Tai Chi watercooled case
mazex #3310415 06/03/11 08:51 PM
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,118
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,118
Originally Posted By: mazex
Well, just bought 5 mods but I really feel that it is a bit to much demanding $5 for a reflector sight when the whole plane is $7.62?


that statement says it all....

....how ridiculously cheap are the addon aircraft and mod packs for RoF compared to say FSX.


Mogster is right, to add field mods for all aircraft, the 3D's all needed to be reworked.
IMO the field mods are a very cool feature, worth every penny.

mazex #3310451 06/03/11 09:37 PM
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 149
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 149
I preordered 14 mod packs a couple of weeks ago. Here's my 2 cents (lol, you're getting short changed)

1. The new sights represent new technology being added to the game and it only fair the user pays for that. $5.5 for the most expensive is good value for what you get. However....

2. Making the user pay for the rear sight of the DH2 is wrong. That's a fix, not a feature

3. Charging the user twice for mod packs for the Albatros D.II is wrong. You buy it as one plane, one mod pack should cover it.

4. I wish there was a historical 'Collimated' gunsight for late war German Fighters. It's going to be a bit of a bummer in the new campaign mode to upgrade from a Albatros D.III with custom Aldis sight to the Albatros D.V or Fokker D.VII and have to use iron sights again. I know all these late war German fighters can be fitted with the Oigee reflector, but this sight failed it trials and was never put into production. Using it would be a massive immersion killer for me. A captured Aldis (easy option) or Oigee tube sight (would have require extra work to make) should have been offered as well in the mod packs of late war German fighters.

But these are minor whinges about a great game.

Spoon

P.S. I don't like Jason. He acts like he owns the game! neaner

mazex #3310568 06/04/11 12:45 AM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
L
Veteran
Veteran
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
It has been stated that the Oigee tube sight cannot be added at this time, since it was a magnified sight.

mazex #3310599 06/04/11 02:03 AM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 556
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 556
Buy em all for about $40, receiving a 50% reduction in price, and look at it as getting an aldis sight for ALL planes FREE, as well, as every mod for the d7 adn d7f FREE.


AKA: Major Awesome
System specs:
CPU: i7 3770k @3.5GHz stock w/Phanteks PH tc14pe cooler
MB: Asus Maximus V Gene
PSU: Corsair 750w
OS: Win 7 64bit
RAM: Gskill 16gb @1600
GPU: Nvidia GTX670 4GB Drivers: 314.22
Extras: MS Force Feedback 2 Joystick, CH Pedals, TrackIR 5, Saitek Throttle Quadrant, ButtKicker Gamer 2, 3 24" monitors for 5760x1200
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,179
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,179
Originally Posted By: totalspoon
2. Making the user pay for the rear sight of the DH2 is wrong. That's a fix, not a feature

3. Charging the user twice for mod packs for the Albatros D.II is wrong. You buy it as one plane, one mod pack should cover it.



I agree with this....then again, I've bought them all - so I just self-justified it by telling myself it was the Alby D.IIL and DH2 mods packs that were free instead of the Spad 13 and Alby D.Va

...worked for me.

neaner


WingWalker (virtual) Combat Squadron

Intel i7 980X @3.8 GHz | ASUS P6X58D Premium | Antec 1200w PSU | 12GB 1600Mhz RAM
SLI - 2x eVGA GTX 580 3072MB vRAM | Dell 3007WFP 30" + 2x Dell 2007FP 20" @ 5388x1600 res.
Corsair Force GT 240GB SSD - O/S drive | Corsair Force 60GB SSD - ROF drive
WD VelociRaptor 300GB - Game drive | WD Black 1TB - Storage drive
CH HOTAS and TrackIR 5 +TCP | Realtek on-board sound | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

mazex #3310613 06/04/11 02:20 AM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 556
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 556
Your 50% discount on the whole bundle allows you to "mix and match" whatever mods you want as free or buy-able.
Where's the problem?


AKA: Major Awesome
System specs:
CPU: i7 3770k @3.5GHz stock w/Phanteks PH tc14pe cooler
MB: Asus Maximus V Gene
PSU: Corsair 750w
OS: Win 7 64bit
RAM: Gskill 16gb @1600
GPU: Nvidia GTX670 4GB Drivers: 314.22
Extras: MS Force Feedback 2 Joystick, CH Pedals, TrackIR 5, Saitek Throttle Quadrant, ButtKicker Gamer 2, 3 24" monitors for 5760x1200
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,179
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,179
Originally Posted By: Broadside_Uda_Barn
Where's the problem?


...in the way you interpret my response apparently.

hahaha

WinkNGrin


WingWalker (virtual) Combat Squadron

Intel i7 980X @3.8 GHz | ASUS P6X58D Premium | Antec 1200w PSU | 12GB 1600Mhz RAM
SLI - 2x eVGA GTX 580 3072MB vRAM | Dell 3007WFP 30" + 2x Dell 2007FP 20" @ 5388x1600 res.
Corsair Force GT 240GB SSD - O/S drive | Corsair Force 60GB SSD - ROF drive
WD VelociRaptor 300GB - Game drive | WD Black 1TB - Storage drive
CH HOTAS and TrackIR 5 +TCP | Realtek on-board sound | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

mazex #3310628 06/04/11 02:49 AM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 556
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 556
WinkNGrin


thumbsup


AKA: Major Awesome
System specs:
CPU: i7 3770k @3.5GHz stock w/Phanteks PH tc14pe cooler
MB: Asus Maximus V Gene
PSU: Corsair 750w
OS: Win 7 64bit
RAM: Gskill 16gb @1600
GPU: Nvidia GTX670 4GB Drivers: 314.22
Extras: MS Force Feedback 2 Joystick, CH Pedals, TrackIR 5, Saitek Throttle Quadrant, ButtKicker Gamer 2, 3 24" monitors for 5760x1200
mazex #3310743 06/04/11 09:48 AM
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 90
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 90
Just my view. I bought the full set. For that I got 50% discount.

Now that means that the dev's get the money which contributes to allowing them to continue development of ROF, and I get all the mod packs with effectively half of them for free.

It's a win for me and a win for ROF. Can't go wrong. thumbsup

mazex #3310773 06/04/11 12:34 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,093
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,093
I am very disappointed in the RoF pricing model that rewards those of us who are fortunate enough to be able to access the large discounts as we have money to spare.

The discounts are nice when you are in a position to buy either the mod packs or the planes in a single purchase. Those who are not in the position to buy in bulk will have to pay the full price and it is disappointing that those who can only spare a few dollars every so often are being so disadvantaged.

I would like to call on 777 to look at how they can reward those who continue to support RoF but are only in a position to do so every so often when they can find the spare money. I would like to see something along the lines of when the person has 10 mods packs for example they get a CR to spend on other mod packs to a value similar to if they had purchased those 10 mod packs in a single purchase and got the discount.


Cheers,

Teddy B�r

One of the stupidest things in game design is the lack of uncertainty given to the player

"beatings will continue until morale improves" brought to you by Ubisoft DRM!
mazex #3310784 06/04/11 01:18 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,235
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,235

You would like RoF to depart from the global model of pricing cheaper in bulk.

FFS.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,074,965 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1