|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665 |
And 1440x900?! Nope, only at or above 1280x1024.
Last edited by Hpasp; 05/04/11 12:40 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 55
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 55 |
If you have an operating system CD, one nice way to circumvent this would be a virtual machine...Been blowing Blackbirds out of the sky on my 1280x800 notebook, with a virtual machine running on 1280x1024 with scrollbars. You can only see a part of the interface at one time with this method, although it's still way better than nothing. An unrelated note: Does Google KML supports displaying height in tags? Just might have an idea for a probable easy-to-implement, and stopgap, AAR feature. And...thanks! 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665 |
Does Google KML supports displaying height in tags? Just might have an idea for a probable easy-to-implement, and stopgap, AAR feature.Hmmm, I'm not sure about KML, but i know, that Google Earth is using the same (STS99) digital terrain dataset, that I will implement. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665 |
Instead of announcement, here are my thoughts and questions... I'm toying with the idea of adding the S-300PS/PMU (SA-10B) to the SAM simulator, but... 1, Hungary only planned to field this system, it never realized it. The Cold War ended before the procurement, witch means that in Hungary nobody ever operated/fired this system, and nobody could test the simulator, or help in its development.
2, There are surprisingly big amount of detailed information on the WEB about it... - VKO article about live firing with missile track drawings: http://www.vko.ru/DesktopModules/Article...version=Staging - Youtube videos about its operation ... but they are not technical enough.So I could do an SA-10B sim, but it would not as deep and realistic as usual, and certainly would not be " Realistic to the Switch". Currently Russia is removing these systems from live service, replacing those with the second/third generation (S-300PM SA-20A, S-400 SA-21). So it might be better to wait few years, until more technical info will surface about its operation (meantime do "Realistic to the Switch" Shilka and Dvina), or should I do a not so realistic sim? What is Your opinion?
Last edited by Hpasp; 05/06/11 08:07 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 55
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 55 |
I'd vote for staying with what we have for some time...Not sure whether it will be good or not to add a system that's still relatively new with top-of-the-line derivatives into the sim. Probably not a problem, but still...And accuracy is more important than technical advancement IMO.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 414
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 414 |
I'd vote for staying with what we have for some time...Not sure whether it will be good or not to add a system that's still relatively new with top-of-the-line derivatives into the sim. Probably not a problem, but still...And accuracy is more important than technical advancement IMO. I think I agree with this.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 106
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 106 |
Is it possible to contact SAM operators from former czechoslovak SA-10B battalion? At least we can ask at http://forum.fortifikace.net/ if there is such possibility. (Afterall I understand that you have contact to at least one former czechoslovak Neva operator.)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 48
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 48 |
I think you should do Shilka and Dvina, because: 1) they really fought 2) they fit into the overall "style" of the old, single target channel systems 3) Information on C-300 is extremely small and difficult to obtain. Today possible to make only "arcade" game, but not a sim.
Truly curious would be to make the Kub, seems he have in Poland.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 13
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 13 |
COOL!Thanks for your work, which makes me have rare fun. I will finish translating S-75M3 Volhov document into Chinese soon, maybe this weekend. May I send it to you?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 13
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 13 |
Maybe making a S-300 sim few years later, and make it Realistc would be a better choice. More information need to be collected... -http://www.vko.ru/DesktopModules/Articles/ArticlesView.aspx?tabID=320&ItemID=280&mid=2891&wversion=StagingIt seems to be a test fire of S-300PMU2 in China, and the red target is CK-1. 
Last edited by DDG167; 05/06/11 05:35 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665 |
Yes, I will include it into the docuset.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665 |
Is it possible to contact SAM operators from former czechoslovak SA-10B battalion?They have only one battalion, and after the separation of the country, it was given to Slovakia. I assume that it is still Slovak National Secret, like the Hungarian KUB. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 257
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 257 |
I'd say that adding S-300is a ad idea, simply because it's not going to be "Realistic to the Switch".
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,665 |
Voting...
After implementing the NASA digital terrain model, to simulate realistic ground clutter, what system should I implement?
- SA-75MK Dvina (SA-2F) - ZSU-23-4V1 Shilka
?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 106
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 106 |
When I wrote that little info about history of CS SAM units (I know it needs some updates) in http://www.makephpbb.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=79&mforum=geimint it was mentioned possibility to contact former czechoslovak S-300 battalion commander as he is Czech and is thus not bounded by slovak's secrets. Dunno if that possibility is still there. Anyway I would like to see both Dvina and Shilka sooner than S-300 because of using them in existing scenarios. As for which one sooner - Dvina would be excellent for Vietnam scenario but Shilka is something comletely different and interesting so I leave that decision for others. Regards Pavel Novak
Last edited by PN79; 05/06/11 09:04 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 58
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 58 |
My vote goes for the S-75 Dvina. I think you should do Shilka and Dvina, because: 1) they really fought 2) they fit into the overall "style" of the old, single target channel systems 3) Information on C-300 is extremely small and difficult to obtain. Today possible to make only "arcade" game, but not a sim.
Truly curious would be to make the Kub, seems he have in Poland. agreed
Last edited by Redcoalition; 05/11/11 05:27 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 414
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 414 |
Voting...
After implementing the NASA digital terrain model, to simulate realistic ground clutter, what system should I implement?
- SA-75MK Dvina (SA-2F) - ZSU-23-4V1 Shilka
? Of course the Sa-75 MK Dvina !
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 55
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 55 |
Adding Dvina would definitely make those War of Attrition and Vietnam scenarios even more realistic, and challenging...I'd vote for Dvina.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 48
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 48 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 13
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 13 |
Translation finished, and I made a pdf document, but the content links did not work... Let me try again.
After implementing the NASA digital terrain model, to simulate realistic ground clutter, what system should I implement?
Dvina. Thanks!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|