SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Tantalwz88 #3262952 04/07/11 04:09 PM
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 482
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 482
Now able to turn forest on and it has very little effect on p[erformance. It is the buildings popping up that seems to be causing the problems. Small hamlets and villages are barable but large towns like the one on the Hawkinge mission slow the system down and I see the micro freezes when the buildings are popping up.

Actually I am now able to run CLOD with much nicer settings, still keeping the low resolution of 1280x720 buit with forests on it looks really nice. Effects on high is a massive killer for me but model and damage details not.

Definately an improvement.

ANyone having that problem when the game is run at a different resolution tot he desktop, try changing you desktop resolution before playing the game to the same. This worked for me and is a quick fix.


Formerly JG5_Emil
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

ZG26_Emil #3262965 04/07/11 04:26 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
Originally Posted By: JG5_Emil
Now able to turn forest on and it has very little effect on p[erformance. It is the buildings popping up that seems to be causing the problems. Small hamlets and villages are barable but large towns like the one on the Hawkinge mission slow the system down and I see the micro freezes when the buildings are popping up.

Actually I am now able to run CLOD with much nicer settings, still keeping the low resolution of 1280x720 buit with forests on it looks really nice. Effects on high is a massive killer for me but model and damage details not.

Definately an improvement.

ANyone having that problem when the game is run at a different resolution tot he desktop, try changing you desktop resolution before playing the game to the same. This worked for me and is a quick fix.


Emil yes, I have just tried 1280x768 along with desktop res the same and at least I can get back to full screen. May be able to do so with other res' too. I probably overreacted a little with my previous post, (knee jerk) its just that if they had been working in any other trade/industry/profession they would be out on their arses before they knew what had hit them, and that's the truth. Lucky they have the 'muggins brigade' who can roll with the punches. biggrin

Ho hum. Back to the 'delights' of reassigning every single frikkin key and axes. What fun. biggrin

Tantalwz88 #3262969 04/07/11 04:34 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,134
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,134
The game running in a window thing doesn't surprise me. i was wondering what was going on with that. On windows 7 the game launches and you can still see the task bar until you click on the game window. Was trying to figure out why the hell the game was running in a borderless window.

Tantalwz88 #3262998 04/07/11 04:50 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10
A
Junior Member
Junior Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10
I just did a test after applying the Russian patch to the Russian games version and the big surprise on my config (quad 3GH, 8 gig ram, 6970 2 gig ram, win7 64) the game (1680x1024 resolution) is fluid all options to max, almost no micro saccade, smooth over the countryside and villages, some delays on towns and it's 200 to 300 above ground! I have not tested on London.
The paradox is that now on my config the game is more fluid with options at max with shadows that with medium settings and no shadows where I have no gain from the game unpatched!

Alayn #3263009 04/07/11 04:58 PM
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 84
C
Junior Member
Junior Member
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 84
Originally Posted By: Alayn
I just did a test after applying the Russian patch to the Russian games version and the big surprise on my config (quad 3GH, 8 gig ram, 6970 2 gig ram, win7 64) the game (1680x1024 resolution) is fluid all options to max, almost no micro saccade, smooth over the countryside and villages, some delays on towns and it's 200 to 300 above ground! I have not tested on London.
The paradox is that now on my config the game is more fluid with options at max with shadows that with medium settings and no shadows where I have no gain from the game unpatched!


Could this be the missing link between the "alternate universe" the team is playing their game in and our world? This could be a huge discovery actually. Anybody else know what the Russian version is performing like post patch?

Alayn #3263010 04/07/11 04:59 PM
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 482
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 482
Originally Posted By: Alayn

The paradox is that now on my config the game is more fluid with options at max with shadows that with medium settings and no shadows where I have no gain from the game unpatched!


Yep thats similar to what I was thinking

Last edited by JG5_Emil; 04/07/11 04:59 PM.

Formerly JG5_Emil
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 59
H
Junior Member
Junior Member
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 59
Originally Posted By: CardboardSword
Originally Posted By: Alayn
I just did a test after applying the Russian patch to the Russian games version and the big surprise on my config (quad 3GH, 8 gig ram, 6970 2 gig ram, win7 64) the game (1680x1024 resolution) is fluid all options to max, almost no micro saccade, smooth over the countryside and villages, some delays on towns and it's 200 to 300 above ground! I have not tested on London.
The paradox is that now on my config the game is more fluid with options at max with shadows that with medium settings and no shadows where I have no gain from the game unpatched!


Could this be the missing link between the "alternate universe" the team is playing their game in and our world? This could be a huge discovery actually. Anybody else know what the Russian version is performing like post patch?


Does Oleg know this guy has pinched his machine? wave


Bryan.

Tantalwz88 #3263030 04/07/11 05:18 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 427
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 427
You guys are cracking me up. If you change your desktop settings to this, maximize then minimize the screen, twist my monitor at a 45 degree angle to the sun, put 5 extra video card coolers in my machine, play only between 10 and 11 pm at night, and run my LCD monitor at half the size of its native rez I can get playable framerates.

At what point does the community just STOP and say "hey, fix your product and give me something that works without having to turn running this game into an algebraic equation.

Last edited by J2_NigelMcElwee; 04/07/11 05:19 PM.

Asus sabertooth x79
I7 3930k @4.3
EVGA GTX TITAN SC
16 GB Corsair vengeance quad chanel 1866
Obsidian Series 800D ATX Gaming Case
Samsung 24.6" @1920x1080
Tantalwz88 #3263036 04/07/11 05:23 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10
A
Junior Member
Junior Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10
do not laugh please just make a test at full setting please ! thank you

Tantalwz88 #3263065 04/07/11 05:54 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 556
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 556
*Shakes fist towards Russia"

I hate to say it but I agree with Mr. Voss.


Saying a high end machine wont notice a difference is the biggest steaming pile of poo I have ever heard. "Your PC is to badass to run it on the lowest settings man" Really? Really guy? I was all with the support them and wait crowed but if you cant see the run around right now, you must really think we are in Libya to save civilians too. exitstageleft

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,134
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,134
Originally Posted By: J2_NigelMcElwee

At what point does the community just STOP and say "hey, fix your product and give me something that works without having to turn running this game into an algebraic equation.



They don't. The flight sim community is filled with people that will take any garbage and make excuses for it no matter what since there are so few sims.

What i don't get though is WoP is given no leeway whatsoever and it works and works well. is it a pure sim? No.

This game barely runs at all, is buggy to all get out and gets every excuse in the book about how we're supposed to support the devs and throw our money away on a sim that might never work right.

Ponderous.

Alayn #3263067 04/07/11 05:56 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Originally Posted By: Alayn
do not laugh please just make a test at full setting please ! thank you


I've just tested the first training mission with the tiger moth with my settings on more or less medium settings with forest and grass off, buildings low..

Re ran the same mission with all set to high apart from forest and grass off, plus buildings low, (same as before) and there was literaly no difference in my fps!.. amazing?

Tantalwz88 #3263074 04/07/11 06:02 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 378
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 378
Yeah, there is no big difference bethween different graphics options, that's why i think there is something really broken in the code

Raggz #3263088 04/07/11 06:17 PM
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214
A
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Senior Member
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Senior Member
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214
Originally Posted By: Raggz
My god, the slowest link ever :P


My this younger generation is soft! wink

Why back in my day I used to pull down >200mb patches on my 28.8k modem. I'd put them on at supper, let them run all night and hope for a complete download in the early afternoon of the next day. To make matters worse my ISP at the time had a tendency to cut the connection every few hours - so, I'd end up having to try the download every night for the better part of a week (scheduling in phone calls around it).

In effect, it took me four to eight days to get a patch correctly downloaded (and pity poor if the archive was corrupted)...

Biggles07 #3263089 04/07/11 06:18 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 183
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 183
Originally Posted By: Biggles07
I now cannot seem to play in 'full screen' mode, it just covers 3/4 of the screen....great. I have lots more options RE: Resolution, have had 2 CTD's whilst previously having none (Launcher.exe not working). Some FMB features appear to have been fixed. Anyone know how I can get back to full screen (yes its ticked in options) if at all?

Now my entire control setup which I spent fuggin ages painstakingly setting up has been wiped out for the second time and planes are now uncontrollable. Can I be arsed to do it all again? Is it really worth it?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. hahaha

Actually, I don't even know why I'm laughing, its not even funny anymore; but what else can you do? Lurching from one effin calamity to another. hahaha

What a load of shyte. Buh-bye CoD! (For now at least, but like General MacArthur I shall return. Probably. Meanwhile back to a game that actually works (WOW!) called Rise of Flight. Try it out, its great....You'll think you've died and gone to sim heaven!

No, it hasn't ruined my life, lets keep things in perspective. smile It's just such a comedy of errors I can't even be bothered anymore. Send in the Clowns! biggrin

What a shame.

You know that you can save your controls.In control menu go "Save as" and then back up that file somewhere on your PC .btw I'm having problems with controls after the patch too.I have wheel break assigned to my G940 pedals but it does nothing ingame.

Tantalwz88 #3263093 04/07/11 06:22 PM
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
C
Veteran
Veteran
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
I copied out my CoD install folder before trying this beta patch.
Just as well because it seems to have broken more than it fixed for me.

Black screen at start-up.I have to bring up Task Manager and bring CoD to the front.(Alt-tabbing won't work).
Go to video settings,select 1680 x 1050 (same as desktop).
Apply,screen goes black,use Task Manager again.
Go to training,game exits.
Launcher 32 is still running,have to close it with Task Manager.

Groan....

Last edited by Chucky; 04/07/11 06:23 PM.

If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
swampthng #3263094 04/07/11 06:22 PM
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 468
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 468
Originally Posted By: swampthng
Originally Posted By: J2_NigelMcElwee

At what point does the community just STOP and say "hey, fix your product and give me something that works without having to turn running this game into an algebraic equation.



They don't. The flight sim community is filled with people that will take any garbage and make excuses for it no matter what since there are so few sims.

What i don't get though is WoP is given no leeway whatsoever and it works and works well. is it a pure sim? No.

This game barely runs at all, is buggy to all get out and gets every excuse in the book about how we're supposed to support the devs and throw our money away on a sim that might never work right.

Ponderous.



+1


ssssssssssssssssssssssssss
2600kI7.Corsair G60 liquid cooler.8gig corsair dominator,GTX580.64gig Crucial M4 ssd Win7 os.OCZ 120gig games SSD.Hazro 27" 2560x1440.
CH Fighter stick, CH pro throttle.CH rudder pedals.
Tantalwz88 #3263103 04/07/11 06:39 PM
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,453
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,453
I have to agree. If it was a washing machine it would be sent back as not fit for the purpose. I don't know why this is treated any differently. I am glad I waited.

Tantalwz88 #3263119 04/07/11 06:53 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
I look at it like this.. while I haven't got a polished product, and the reasons for that I don't care about, and I don't care for all the conspiracy theories on why I haven't got a polished product because I can't do anything about it..
Whilst the game isn't living up to what its supposed to do, I'm still learning an awful lot getting my head around the full realism settings in flying the aircraft.. as someone who flew 'full real' in IL2 I realised very quickly that most people who did will now be on a very big learning curve with the new game.
Even with all the games faults, I am actualy 'learning something new' each day I practice in my spit and Hurri.. and its a pretty rewarding experience, and I'm enjoying it to boot.
I'm no blind fanboi who is defending the game no matter what, because I understand the flippin faults and want them rectified, but that doesn't mean I can't get alot of enjoyment out of the game as it stands..
Have I wasted my money?.. no, not yet, because I don't know if the game will be fixed.. Being an optimist, I hope it will be, but until then I'm learning new skills in the game and doing something useful with it..

Tantalwz88 #3263124 04/07/11 06:56 PM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,169
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,169
This game needs to fail, and it needs to fail hugely. To send a message to both developers and publishers that the line has been finally crossed. They have pushed it and pushed it and then pushed it some more, and this final transgression is a push so far beyond the pale as to beggar belief.

I really wanted this patch to work, genuinely. I wanted to be able to come back here and post "Yes! More fps and fluid too! Now we can really do some work!" Not that we were obliged to, or should have to, but to see some small ray of hope and gut it out.

But to be told FPS would markedly improve, and the stutters would be gone, and then be told after nothing promised was forthcoming that "Oh, only older machines would have seen any benefit anyway" is breath-taking chicanery, on top of breath-taking chicanery, too far.

I say the game needs to fail, when that is now an absolute certainty. They had a week to provide a fix for the first level of many levels of issues and they have failed miserably. This isn't diamond code in the rough, just needing a polish, it's deeply flawed and un-fixable code that will never be put right. Somewhere, somehow, the writers went badly wrong. And without entirely writing the code absolutely critical requirements will not be provided. Multicore functionality, that cannot be bolted on after the event, it needed to have been incorporated right from the start. SLI, I suspect the same is true of that also. 64-bit .exe, to make proper use of system RAM, not even mentioned.

And those who predicted all these things, banned. For speaking the truth as it happens, though they were banned because they were perceived as 'trolls'. Now we know, with certainty, that they weren't. Though their motives cannot be definitely known, they spoke true none the less.

This isn't an experiential smear where the edges cannot be discerned, it is a clearly defined set of components that can be clearly analysed upon the basis of events that have now passed. It is laid out before us like a crystal-clear image. See that image for what it is and stop trying to focus upon it through a rose-coloured filter. This game is DOA.


Asus P8P67 Pro Mobo
2500K CPU @ 4.5Ghz
Antec H2O Kuhler 950 Water Cooler
16Gb DDR3 DC RAM @ 1600mhz
EVGA GTX780 Classified GPU
Dell U3014 30" Monitor
xFi Titanium HD sound
Corsair Force 250Gb SSD
Corsair RM850w PSU
W7-64
INTJ
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,074,565 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1