SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 48 of 74 1 2 … 46 47 48 49 50 … 73 74
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
C
Lifer
Lifer
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
Originally Posted By: Tbag
Originally Posted By: Joe
This week.


Great news! F5 mode on smile


Late Thursday or probably Friday US time. wink


Wisdom is knowing what's enough
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
C
Lifer
Lifer
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
Originally Posted By: guod
First person to email me with the name of two airlines Col. Andy Bush flew after he retired from the Air Force as a hog driver wins a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog T-Shirt. You must include your SimHQ nickname.

Sizes available: M, L, 2XL


Congratulations to jocko- for winning!

The correct answer is here:
http://www.simhq.com/_aboutus/bush.html


Wisdom is knowing what's enough
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,101
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,101
Woohoo! Size L please! biggrin

I actually sent you a PM first because I couldn't find your email addy in your profile. Then I looked at your sig.. <DUH!>

So when do I get to the win the Warthog? biggrin


Cheers!

jocko-

417 RCAF
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 3
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 3
Originally Posted By: Teej
Boil:

The reason for 8 bit limitations was cost.

Standard quality potentiometers are cheap, as are the A/D circuits to sample them at ~ 10-12 bits, and then provide an 8-bit value to the computer after oversampling.

Going to high end pots and samplers raises the cost exponentially. (snip)


Unchanged for 30 years? Come on... everything else electronic has been improved. Example: My mouse reads at 3000dpi, 10 years ago a mouse might do 300 dpi. And its an obvious feature to make a joystick better (unless it doesn't, that's what I'd like to see reviewed). If it does make a difference, then the fact that none of the many joystick manufacturers came up with the improvement until now means they probably got together and colluded to keep the status quo. In any case, I'm glad the 30 year period of non-innovation is officially over.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,298
R
Plankowner
Member
Plankowner
Member
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,298
Hmmmm can't wait for this to come up tomorrow for the contest.


Star Citizen Referal Code
STAR-MP6J-VFH7

i7-13700K @ 3.40GHz
32GB RAM
GeForce 3060RTX
MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk
lots of SSD's and a good old fashioned 1TB HDD
Samsung G9 Odyssey 49"
TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro
Windows 11 64bit
Warthog #1397...compliments of SimHQ
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 38
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 38
Originally Posted By: Vierzinger


I 'just happend' to connect to thrustmasters ftp by a dedicated FTP application.
And in "accessories -> pc -> HOTAS - software -> TARGET"
I find the software and manuals for Warthog.



It's still there, and you don't need FTP application, you can go there with a browser:

ftp://ftp.thrustmaster.com/accessories/pc/hotas/software/TARGET/

Manuals are really very short, images are small and low quality, DirectX control panel is actually in French... I haven't installed Target yet, so I don't know if it recognizes Cougar or if it needs a new firmware.


Pezzer Ritter Wenne Knecht!
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
C
Lifer
Lifer
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
Originally Posted By: Reschke
Hmmmm can't wait for this to come up tomorrow for the contest.


Friday. wink


Wisdom is knowing what's enough
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,298
R
Plankowner
Member
Plankowner
Member
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,298
I know I was just hoping for a good early gift time.


Star Citizen Referal Code
STAR-MP6J-VFH7

i7-13700K @ 3.40GHz
32GB RAM
GeForce 3060RTX
MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk
lots of SSD's and a good old fashioned 1TB HDD
Samsung G9 Odyssey 49"
TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro
Windows 11 64bit
Warthog #1397...compliments of SimHQ
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
Originally Posted By: T.}{.O.R.
Originally Posted By: Chivas
MSFF2 > CH > G940 > Cougar > X52. The Warthog should soon head that list, but I've been disappointed many times before. I own them all, and still trying to find a decent replacement for the discontinued MS stick.


G940 is better than X52 and Cougar, even with 'reversal bug' and the faulty throttle and spiking trim wheels? (I don't own one, I am just quoting what people have reported on these forums)

Nice to see a feedback from someone who tried both MSFF2 and CH...


I agree...I have the sticks inorder of overall quality ( ">" =greater than } starting with the MSFF2 and ending with the X52. Actually I would have the G940 ahead of the CH stick if it weren't for the reversal bug. The unmodded cougar joystick was ok for bomber pilots while the Cougar throttle was the best in the business. My X52 was a peice of junk.


Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
C
Lifer
Lifer
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
Small teaser from the review.



Wisdom is knowing what's enough
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
P
Senior Member
Senior Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
hehe.

Originally Posted By: guod
Small teaser from the review.




Added it to my post as I bumped it to the next page.

Last edited by *Panther*; 10/20/10 10:45 PM.

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 60
G
Junior Member
Junior Member
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 60
Aaaahhhhhh! *cries*


"The defense dept regrets to inform you that your sons are dead because they were stupid..."

System: i5 2500K @ 4.7, AMD 6950 (unlocked), HP ZR30w, TM Hotas Warthog
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,065
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,065
IS THIS REALLY NECESSARY?!?!?!


biggrin

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,101
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,101




Envy meter.... PEGGED!!!




Cheers!

jocko-

417 RCAF
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,101
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,101
Ok, first question!

I see it has the same type of ID label on the throttle as the Cougar had...

...what serial number is this little piggy?


Cheers!

jocko-

417 RCAF
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,298
R
Plankowner
Member
Plankowner
Member
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,298
Dangit man...don't post things like that for those of us not yet fortunate enough to have received the items in question....ARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!


Star Citizen Referal Code
STAR-MP6J-VFH7

i7-13700K @ 3.40GHz
32GB RAM
GeForce 3060RTX
MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk
lots of SSD's and a good old fashioned 1TB HDD
Samsung G9 Odyssey 49"
TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro
Windows 11 64bit
Warthog #1397...compliments of SimHQ
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
C
Lifer
Lifer
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
Joe sits there playing with it while I have to glue the article together as he finishes each section and photo. You get no sympathies from me guys! hahaha wink


Wisdom is knowing what's enough
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
J
Joe Offline
Veteran
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
Originally Posted By: jocko-
...what serial number is this little piggy?
Review sample has serial number 00362.

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
J
Joe Offline
Veteran
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
Originally Posted By: Reschke
Dangit man...don't post things like that for those of us not yet fortunate enough to have received the items in question....ARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!
I stayed up until 4AM yesterday working, so neaner

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 465
M
"just do it"
Member
"just do it"
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 465
Originally Posted By: *Panther*
hehe.

Originally Posted By: guod
Small teaser from the review.


Added it to my post as I bumped it to the next page.


LOL I think I'll do a mancave them next. lol


71st Eagle Squadron
www.anon6.com - Blogger on DCS Series 71st Mastiff's you-Tube
"any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back"
Asus x-99||i7x5930k||ddr4 16gb2400||GTX980Ti-6gb||
ATX1200Corsair||realteck 5.1||Win8.1x64pro||
TrackIr4Pro/ir||CHfghtrstck||siatekpedals|
|X52ThrteCntrlr||G15Keyboard/RzrMose||
32"LCD||2x7"lilliputs,1x9inc
Page 48 of 74 1 2 … 46 47 48 49 50 … 73 74

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,527 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1