SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 74 1 2 … 18 19 20 21 22 … 73 74
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,353
H
Senior Member
Senior Member
H Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,353
Two of the most stable online sims I've played are LOMAC/FC2 and the Il2 series, I haven't played ROF online enough to really get an idea of that.


I've got a bad feeling about this.....
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 32
G
Junior Member
Junior Member
G Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 32
Ray has put together a very impresive post on the Aces High BB here:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,291234.0.html

Can't wait 'till September now.

Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274
USMC
Veteran
USMC
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274
Originally Posted By: Grisbeau
Ray has put together a very impresive post on the Aces High BB here:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,291234.0.html

Can't wait 'till September now.


Some nice replies in that thread too. OY VEH...


Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.


Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,101
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,101
Quote:
Some nice replies in that thread too. OY VEH...


Yer. Now where's me ol' RAF slang dictionary... lemme see here... "Line Shooter"...

Last edited by jocko-; 06/20/10 02:13 PM.

Cheers!

jocko-

417 RCAF
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,508
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,508
Heh. Spooled up AH2 for a bit of fun. Was kinda amusing to take the Me-163 from the default airbase and fly a few map squares over...and land it on the carrier. biggrin Didn't think I'd have enough fuel for that.


#6 - Opposing / Left Solo
Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,065
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,065
Something's missing! biggrin

An extension for the grip.

That would be sweet if it were included.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 432
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 432
Originally Posted By: aRareKindOfMonster
Something's missing! biggrin

An extension for the grip.

That would be sweet if it were included.


I agree... besides provision for pedals

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,065
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,065
Yes the ability include pedals in the programming procedure was expected, but fortunately, sims now have the option to separately control axes and adjust them in the sim itself.

That compensates somehow for this IMO small shortcoming.

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,508
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,508
Well, it's small to you and me. Not so small to someone who has hundreds of dollars/pounds invested in a pedal solution that requires a Cougar hookup.

Hopefully they're put at ease a bit by the fact that they can continue using the rudders mapped through the cougar until the day comes when someone steps up with a dedicated pedal interface.

Last edited by Teej; 06/21/10 05:20 PM.

#6 - Opposing / Left Solo
Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 172
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 172
Teej,
Looking at the video, it looked like the stick you were flying with was just the center portion of the base, and it was mounted on a pedestal attached to the seat. Will this be a standard feature of the stick, as that will work better for those of us flying center stick as opposed to side stick (aka-F16 style)?
Thanks,
Dud


They say "If you didn't fail, how would you learn?"... I learn a LOT!
http://cnadeau.webs.com/index.htm
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,508
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,508
Yep, The black plate is held on by 4 ordinary screws.


#6 - Opposing / Left Solo
Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 172
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 172
Outstanding! Makes me wish I just hadn't spent all that time and effort extending my Cougar stick to make it work with the new pit. Oh well, I get to play with it for a couple months anyway!
Thanks Teej... you lucky dog!
Dud


They say "If you didn't fail, how would you learn?"... I learn a LOT!
http://cnadeau.webs.com/index.htm
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,508
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,508
Well, hey...you'll be able to use that extension with the Warthog too, if you wish. I'm a bit torn, actually...I like the stick on the side F-16 style...but I am tempted by the longer throw of an extended center stick.


#6 - Opposing / Left Solo
Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 951
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 951
If I got the Warthog, chances are I'd leave my FCC-modded Cougar stick base on the side, but put the deflecting Warthog stick base in the center.

Given the expenses involved, though, most will have to settle for one or the other...heck, I'd probably have to in order to afford the Warthog in the first place.

Last edited by NamelessPFG; 06/24/10 05:13 AM.
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 25
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 25

Having the stick tween the knees adds to the immersion. When in an IL2 dogfight I feel like I'm doing pilatees. Downside is the stick gets awful light feeling and unless your running one of the gimble mods the little bit of play at center is enhanced. I run the stick curve in foxy at 7 and tune it from there in game. To add feel back (Weight) I ended up using high density seat foam and 2 shift boots. The foam gives a progressive feel when adding stick deflection. I packed the crap out of the center hump. Springs were another option but I would have needed about 6 and the "feel" wasn't right. My pit and I are drooling in anticipation of the "HOG" wink





"I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you Screw with me, I'll kill you all!!"
Marine General James Mattis
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 637
Sith Lord
Member
Sith Lord
Member
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 637
Hey Bong, what did you use for the male side of the cougar handle nut?


Ours is not to reason why. Ours is to do or die.
Tennyson

I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings..
Gillespie Magee, RCAF
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 25
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 25
I used a 3/4" Galvanized gas union threaded on to a 3/4 male copper fitting. I did have to dremmel reliefs in the union for the feet on the stick base.


"I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you Screw with me, I'll kill you all!!"
Marine General James Mattis
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274
USMC
Veteran
USMC
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274
Off Topic: Bong, I don't believe the good General said "Screw" wink

On Topic: Nice looking work there Bong!


Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.


Joined: May 2010
Posts: 25
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 25
Ghost,

Thanks Devil Dog

I was stationed at Pulgas with 3/9 back in the 80's 0311 combat crunchie lol.


"I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you Screw with me, I'll kill you all!!"
Marine General James Mattis
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274
USMC
Veteran
USMC
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 11,274
Bong, been playin' the game since '78. Started out at MCAS El Toro. Yeah, I'm a POG. Don't hold it against me. biggrin

PM inbound.


Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.


Page 20 of 74 1 2 … 18 19 20 21 22 … 73 74

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,687 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1