SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
Page 5 of 78 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 … 77 78
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 704
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 704
place it in the main folder

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,481
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,481

Thanks !


vK ~

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 36
P
Junior Member
Junior Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 36
Originally Posted By: PatrickAWilson

...

Future plans include scrambles when you overfly an enemy airfield, balloons, ground targets.

After that in no particular order, historically accurate squad placement, squadron skins, aces, and others.



That would be awesome cheers

It'll be a LOT of work to get ROF to WFP campaign standards, but I'm happy you're on the case. Thanks Patrick!

Last edited by PJ666_Reverend; 11/23/09 07:38 AM.
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 177
G
Wings Of Honor
Member
Wings Of Honor
Member
G Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 177
Pat has sent me the new version 2.0 of RoFCampaign. Go grab it here: WoH: RoF Resources - Gameplay Enhancements

Enjoy


Gremlin_WoH

Wings Of Honor - Where Combat Simulation Begins!
Your W.W.I Flight Sim Resource: News, Forums, Links, Downloads ...
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
V2.0
New Features:
- MGs over the front - turn this off if you have performance issues.
- More configurable parameters - see RoFCampaign.config in RoFCampaign\Data.
- More detailed front mapping.
- Player now advances in rank.
- Much more sophisticated promotion/transfer/replacement logic
- Top rank now leads the flight, not necessarily the player
- Medals. Feeling that your efforts are not appreciated? No more!
- Added pilot region - Free text input, where are you from?
- Note to German pilots, the region field is mostly for you. You can now get medals from Bavaria, Prussia, Wurtemburg, or Saxony. Enter exactly one of those choices when creating a new campaign to be eligible for regional medals. Others, just use it to add a bit of flavor.
- Extended pilot log and mission results to multiple pages for longer entries.

Bug Fixes:
- Fixed index issue on offensive patrols.
- Squadron chalkboard now sorts by rank.
- Made start position configurable to prevent running into the hangars on one side or trees on the other.

Note: you will have to create a new career as the data files are not backwards compatible. If there are folks out there who would like to save an old career I can probably do a converter. My suspicion is that this thing is not being used so much at this point that people have a career that they are attached to, so I did not do the conversion (time - wish I had more to spend on this).


Last edited by PatrickAWilson; 11/24/09 02:04 PM.
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 426
F
The Grim Squeaker
Member
The Grim Squeaker
Member
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 426
Regarding the German states I would suggest to offer their real names too. (Also you might check your spelling of Wurttemberg).

Bavaria = Bayern
Prussia = Preu�en (or Preussen to avoid the �)
Wurttemberg = W�rttemberg (or Wuerttemberg to avoid the umlaut)
Saxony = Sachsen

Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 22
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 22
Thank u very much Wilson.Great tool!
A small bug report: The time acceleration does not work anymore.
2x acceleration works but 4x and 8x are the same as 2x!
Also Flightleaders dont follow assigned route and start to attack MG nests!
Ps:Will we have a Alb.DIII career in future?
Thx for reply
Horrido,DerM

Last edited by DerMo; 11/24/09 04:22 PM.
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
The reason for Sept 1917 is the lack of a plane set - including no two seaters - for earlier periods. Once the plane set fills in the start date will go backwards.

About the flight leaders attacking ground units - sounds like I am going to need a bug fix release smile.

As for the time compression, that is internal to RoF. I am going to speculate here, but I think that as I add more units the RoF code is less able to handle it. It just can't do 8x compression with that many units.

Until I fix the flight leader wanting to attack ground units it might be best to turn off MGs (see RofCampaign.config - the useMGs parameter). That should also help compression as I think the little beggars are sucking up a lot of CPU.

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
Hi Five Digits - I can do that.

I still have to internationalize this thing but that is a chore. It might be awhile before I get there.

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 427
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 427
can you takeoff from your airfield or does the campaign start you in the air?


Asus sabertooth x79
I7 3930k @4.3
EVGA GTX TITAN SC
16 GB Corsair vengeance quad chanel 1866
Obsidian Series 800D ATX Gaming Case
Samsung 24.6" @1920x1080
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 22
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 22
I noticed that my flight leader (..and maybe the enemy too) can spot opposite flights from impossible distances like he has a radar.Can u reduce their spotting abilities?
Greetings

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
Originally Posted By: atlantaflyer
can you takeoff from your airfield or does the campaign start you in the air?


Your flight takes off from the ground. All others are air starts.

On a somewhat related note ... the positioning of the airfield coordinates with respect to the hangars is not consistent. I have to back up starting flights a certain amount to give enough room to take off. However, what is enough on one field is too much on another and too little on yet another. With that in mind I made the backup configurable in 2.0 (see RofCampaign.config) to allow players to adjust for their specific airfield.

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 426
F
The Grim Squeaker
Member
The Grim Squeaker
Member
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 426
Originally Posted By: PatrickAWilson
Hi Five Digits - I can do that.

I still have to internationalize this thing but that is a chore. It might be awhile before I get there.



If you have text property files or somesuch you could send me, I'd gladly help with the German translation.

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,545
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,545
Thanks for the awesome work Mr Wilson ,I am having a problem getting the campaign started.An "Access is denied" box appears when the program tries to save to the campaign folder.This is what I have in my ROF folder,a folder called "ROF Campaign" and in that folder are 2 folders "campaign" and "data" and a "read me" file and a "ROF campaign" jar file which I double click to launch the campaign program.
Any ideas why it doesn`t save anyone ?
Thanks,
Simbo


Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi,
Gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri;
Ei gwrol ryfelwyr, gwladgarwyr tra m�d,
Dros ryddid collasant eu gwaed.
Gwlad, gwlad, pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.
Tra m�r yn fur i'r bur hoff bau,
O bydded i'r hen iaith barhau.
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5
Z
Junior Member
Junior Member
Z Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5
Thanks so much for this, it renewed my interest in the sim...and actually made me buy addon planes:).

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 10
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 10
Originally Posted By: Simbo 123 SQDN
Thanks for the awesome work Mr Wilson ,I am having a problem getting the campaign
started.An "Access is denied" box appears when the program tries to save to the campaign folder.This is what I have in my ROF folder,a folder called "ROF Campaign" and in that folder are 2 folders "campaign" and "data" and a "read me" file and a "ROF campaign" jar file which I double click to launch the campaign program.
Any ideas why it doesn`t save anyone ?
Thanks,
Simbo


Simbo, have you got SUN JAVA on your computer? I believe you need it or there will be an erroe report.

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,545
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,545
Thanks mate,give that a go.


Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi,
Gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri;
Ei gwrol ryfelwyr, gwladgarwyr tra m�d,
Dros ryddid collasant eu gwaed.
Gwlad, gwlad, pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.
Tra m�r yn fur i'r bur hoff bau,
O bydded i'r hen iaith barhau.
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,545
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,545
No luck mate,made no difference at all.


Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi,
Gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri;
Ei gwrol ryfelwyr, gwladgarwyr tra m�d,
Dros ryddid collasant eu gwaed.
Gwlad, gwlad, pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.
Tra m�r yn fur i'r bur hoff bau,
O bydded i'r hen iaith barhau.
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
Hi Simbo - the layout is correct that you have described is correct. Based on your description I assume that the program starts, that you are able to navigate to the "Create" page, and that it fails to write after you enter the data.

Silly test, but can you go to the campaign folder and just try to create a text file? That will prove that you as a user have permission to write to the directory.

After that we have to look at Java permissions. Could there be a security setting that prevents Java from writing?

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 426
F
The Grim Squeaker
Member
The Grim Squeaker
Member
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 426
User Account Control in Vista prevents 3rd part apps from writing to the Programs folder. Try turning that off if you're on Vista/Win7 (or re-install RoF to a location outside the Programs folder, e.g. C:\Rise of Flight).

Page 5 of 78 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 … 77 78

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,071,050 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1