SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 15 1 2 … 4 5 6 7 8 … 14 15
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,977
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,977
RIP

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2,421
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2,421
RIP, never really knew the guy, but a name I recognized well around here...

Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 6,779
E
XBL: LanceHawkins
Hotshot
XBL: LanceHawkins
Hotshot
E Offline
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 6,779
RIP, may he forever be flying with the eagles in the sky.

frown

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,545
T
Hotshot
Hotshot
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,545
Man, this sucks.

I am sorry for his family's loss. As much as it stings us, it is painful for them. My prayers will go out to his family.



Godspeed fellow traveler.


Keep Calm and Check Canopy

There are no ex-paratroopers, only ones off jump status

Learn Economics at:
http://www.mises.org
Carthago delenda est
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
-
Veteran
Veteran
- Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
I was surfing the forums today and saw this... and thought "Oh no, it can't be!"

Then I read up and "It is."

My condolences to his family. Kevin has touched my life by encouraging me to come to Nova Scotia, telling me about the place, the weather, the economy, the lifestyle. We've exchanged a lot of emails and he was helping me in a personal way by calling the regulatory body in Nova Scotia for me since they don't respond to emails very often.

RIP Kevin, and thank you very much for your help. You will be missed, even by those you never gamed with.

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,124
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,124
I was genuinly shocked when I read the subject.
At first I was sad to read that someone had passed away, but then it occured to me, I know this guy!!!. Terrible, terrible news frown
We spent many many months working together to find a stable way to install and play Janes LB2 and we also played the game together quite a few times. You were always helpful trying to help everyone getting their LB2 up and running.

Life isnt fair and this news proves it.
My condolences goes out to family and friends.
You will be deeply missed, Kevin, my friend.

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,900
G
Senior Member
Senior Member
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,900
Rest in Peace, +G.

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,582
Likes: 39
Motorius Emeritus
Senior Member
Motorius Emeritus
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,582
Likes: 39
My sincerest condolences to Kevin's family and friends.
43 is just way too early to go.


Jens C. Lindblad


Sent from my Desktop
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 3,497
W
Senior Member
Senior Member
W Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 3,497
Very sad news

RIP S!


You take it easy.. And have a nice day smile

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body
but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "Holy sh!t...What a Ride!!"
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 950
Member
Member
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 950
RIP


The trouble with jogging is that, by the time you realize you're not in shape for it, it's too far to walk back.

History repeats itself, because no one listened the first time. Anon
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,396
V
Earth-bound misfit
Hotshot
Earth-bound misfit
Hotshot
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,396
This is truly a shock. I don't think I ever played a SimHQ ArmA night where he wasn't there. He was one of the faces around here and definitely one of the good ones. This is terrible.

My condolences to his family and his many online friends. You'll be missed G.

S!

Nico.


"Et s'il ne pleure personne, que Dieu nous le pardonne "

ArmA2/OA - RoF - FSX

ASUS P8P67 Pro Motherboard - Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz - 8Gb G-Skill DDR3 1866Mhz - Gainward GTX660 Ti Phantom II - Win7 Ultimate 64bits - Saitek av8r
L
LIONPRIDE
Unregistered
LIONPRIDE
Unregistered
L
Originally Posted By: BeachAV8R
Yeah, it's not enough for me to just say I'm sorry for the loss - because he was such a huge part of this site. He was always helpful, informative, and clearly had a great love for flight sims and participating in the community. For his friends and family, they should just know that his little slice of life here at SimHQ was not small at all..he was a major piece of this place and we have a big hole in our hearts for the loss of our friend.

Chris


AGREED ...

.


<S>



.

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 6,968
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 6,968
I remember PositiveG being very helpful and encouraging when I started playing ArmA on the SimHQ server.

My sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

Rest in peace, Kevin, you will be missed.


Why men throw their lives away attacking an armed Witcher... I'll never know. Something wrong with my face?
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,455
Likes: 2
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,455
Likes: 2
Jeez, I cannot believe this. He was the mainstay of Longbow 2 for many years, and was the first (that I know of) to allow people to run the sim on new PCs.

This is a great loss to both the real world and the sim world.

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,921
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,921
--->
----->
---------->
-------->


RIP, you`ll be missed. Condolences to his family.

Karsten


i7 6700k @ 4,5 GHz
GTX1070
Asus Z170 Pro Gamer
16 GB RAM
500 GB Crucial CT500MX200 SSD
Toshiba DT01ACA300 HDD
Samsung SyncMaster BX2450 LED
W10 64
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,372
S
Senior Member
Senior Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,372
I am in shock. I am so so saddened to hear this... Just about stopped my heart when I read the headline on the site this morning.


+G, Kevin, a Salute my friend.

Fair winds and calm seas...


-Skater


"As Iron Sharpens Iron, so does a friend sharpen a friend." Proverbs 27:17
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female, for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28
Never, ever, underestimate the ability of people to discount Occam's Razor. - Dart
"I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub." - Grover Norquist
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 2,264
N
Squadron Leader
Member
Squadron Leader
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 2,264
Words can't describe how sickly sad I feel at the moment - so many good times playing ArmA with him and he was such a cool guy...

Requiescat in Pace, amicus!


No457_Squog
Squadron Leader

No. 457 Squadron vRAAF
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,208
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,208
S! +G

You will never be forgotten around here. Take heart in knowing you will remain in our thoughts and prayers as you take upon the ultimate journey.

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 6,856
C
Mach 2 Infrared Orangutan
Hotshot
Mach 2 Infrared Orangutan
Hotshot
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 6,856
I saw this last night and was just in shock. I spent many an hour playing Joint Operations with +G. Best wishes to friends & family. Godspeed, Pos.


Robots are stealing my luggage.
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,186
L
360 Gamertag = Leemz
Hotshot
360 Gamertag = Leemz
Hotshot
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,186
Ok, I'm a little creeped out. I just went on XBox Live and PositiveG was playing Left 4 Dead. No joke.


"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
Edgar Allan Poe
Page 6 of 15 1 2 … 4 5 6 7 8 … 14 15

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,074,535 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1