SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214
A
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Senior Member
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Senior Member
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214
I have reservations.

I am guessing that they made a few small graphical improvements and are doing a (closed source) re-release. I don't think major additions to the code (MP improvements) or most smaller tweaks (working infanty etc.) are very likely.

In anycase they won't have modelled the soviet equipment properly (not that anyone does)...


"Never has so much been patched by so few for so many in so short a time." - W1ndy

Some odd mods

WWI aircraft guide

Survival!

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 538
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 538
Well I'll buy it for the simple reason that I know it will be some kind of improvement over the original.(which I love)

I see alot of hostility here and for what?

Its not like this is a remake of an original crappy sim.
They have a bad track record? no.

IMHO,
I'm glad somebody is doing EECH 2 for our ever shrinking sim market.
You have a right not to support them but you might end up with nothing new to sim with if these remakes stop.

BOBII - good improvement to the original.
F4AF - another good one.

Decca

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
J
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
I'm reserving judgement for now. All I want is something better than EECH w/mods as it stands now. If it's not, I won't bother. If it is, then I will.


The Jedi Master


The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 175
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 175
Well... hgaving played the "original" for a time, but not knowing anything about mods for this game, I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt.

I would be more than satisfied, if this would be a rework of EECH, in the same manner and quality that the BoB-II rework by shockwave shows.


I count religion but a childish toy, And hold there is no sin but ignorance.
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 743
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 743
Maybe I was being unduly harsh. If it is done in a similar manner to Shockwave's BoB-II (and not another Seawolves) then great \:\)

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 178
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 178
I saw a post over by Grover at http://www.kiwisim.net.nz/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=20674 which indicates that shockwave are indeed the developers.

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,590
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,590
Shockwave has nothing to do with this project. The only information we have are the few mysterious screenshots posted here at simhq.

Last edited by Blade124; 01/20/07 05:50 PM.

A2A Simulations
www.a2asimulations.com
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 178
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 178
Sorry about that Scott and sorry to hear that you guys are not involved. I'm sure it would have been great if you guys were aboard. Looking forward to Flying Tigers though!

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,199
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,199
So is it on the shelves yet???

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 743
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 743
I seriously doubt it

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 257
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 257
I'm unable to determine when this fine looking product might be available in North America. Does G2 Games publish games for N.A. or do they use a different company for the distribution? I'm eager to try this out but it appears I live in the wrong part of the world to purchase this.

Carakanz

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,074,679 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1