|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733 |
The garbled movies and the exiting error message are known bugs. Such is the unfortunate result when we are left to work with unfinished beta software.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 325
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 325 |
Do you have to run DirectXTweaker every time you fly or just once?
Also how much AA can JF-18 handle?
Snowfalcon13 99th-VFS Shot at and missed S*** at and Hit!
MSI P6N Diamond Intel Q6600 quad @ 2.4GHz 4 GB OCZ DDR2 800 Win 7 Professional 64bit WD 150GB RaptorX C drive WD 74GB/16MB Raptor F4AF/FSX install GeForce 8800 GT 512MB
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733 |
You have to use DXTweaker to start the sim every time.
You can max out the AA on JF-18.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 441
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 441 |
Hello... Thx for a grate fix! Since im just in my begining of learning this sim ive just been trying a few missions.
In the Take off training mission If i strafe the parked jets my computer freese
explotions causes CTD also ?? any ideas`?
Last edited by Novum; 01/15/08 02:24 PM.
Peace Means Practis
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733 |
Check the explosion detail setting in your graphics options. Make sure something is selected.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 8
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 8 |
Hello Joe: I have installed everything for TSH as indicated on the TSH site. I have an nvidia 8800 with 169.75 drivers.Running tweaker with recommended settings. I have an issue when i use the HI RES package: see pic- banding is present, and the HUD AA ASEC circle is all over the screen (dots)  FPS is good, and AA mode fps is acceptable. I would like to run it in hi- res, any ideas? thx- Vexx
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733 |
I assume you a referring to the TSHv1 Higher Resolutions package? If so, please do not use that package. Instead use TSHv3; you can select your resolutions in the TSHv3 Manager.
There is a detailed description in the Add-On Installation Guide in my sig.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 8
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 8 |
Yes, only using TSHv3 to select Hi Res. the odd hud bits around are the AA ASEC. That and the banding are my only issues.
It may be possible the install is damaged in some way. The only other thing I think it could be are the nvidia drivers. I am using a very recent set. Does anyone else have the 169.75 drivers installed?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733 |
You're using this menu? I ask again because "HI RES" is a specific term that pertains to TSHv1, not v3.  The DXTweaker is beta and it doesn't work for everyone.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 8
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 8 |
Yes that menu. I did however, use the previous package before I had installed TSHv3 to test that it installed correctly. Is it possible there was a conflict between the 2 if I hadn'd deselected it in TSH1 before installing TSH3?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733 |
It's possible, although TSHv3 overwrites the executable anyway.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 856
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 856 |
I use the DX Tweaker and it works great off-line, but I was wondering if any of you know of a way to get JF-18 to launch from HyperLobby while using the DX Tweaker? It's kind of a bummer to have to connect by IP every time and it would be nice to find a work around for this.
Slikk
Last edited by Slikk; 02/07/08 03:20 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733 |
If you use DXTweaker to launch hyperlobby, I believe the changes are also made to JF-18. It's worth a test...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 856
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 856 |
Yipeeeeeeeeeeee... Thank you Goe! That worked like a charm. It was a real drag to connect by IP every time. Now thanks to you I can connect by HL like every one els. Thanks again bro.
Slikk
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 856
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 856 |
I was getting the dreaded grid lines in the water while using the DX Tweaker, and I have found a work around for this problem.
Under modules to load, go to Preset Changer and change the format from...
Format: A8R8G8B8
to
Format: X8R8G8B8
This did the trick for me. My settings in game are at full, and now when I run the game I don't get any AA slow down and I don't get any grid lines in the water either. I don't know if any of you have figured this out yet or not, but this worked for me.
OS: XP
Vidio card: ATI X850
Hope this helps.
Slikk
Last edited by Slikk; 02/09/08 06:44 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 87
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 87 |
Hi there , I noticed some issues with the default settings in post 1.
1st : Mouse cursor gets flickering hard to find it on the screen, MDF buttons are not useable this way.
2nd : Due to i'm a JF18 Newbie , i hang around with the training missions. In the Refueltraining i recognized some jumpyness when you get close to the S3. First it moves not at all, and then suddenly this much, so that you cannot correct your course. Hard to explain.... Without DXTweaker i didnt saw this issue and tanker moves very smoothly.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733 |
Yep, that's a known issue, skeemo.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 87
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 87 |
Hm. JF18 is getting more and more away from my perfect sim "dream" 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 26
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 26 |
My Motherboard and Video card just died.. anyways got the video replaced with an nVidia 8400GS
now i got the Air to Air Slowdown too. so a couple of questions what's the Juni update?
I got the DX Tweaker K from TSH website. Also, do i really need to get the DirectX 9.0c too? i only have the 9.0b
Last edited by aviadreams; 03/20/08 09:52 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733 |
Yes, you definitely need DirectX 9.0c. The Juni "June" update was the latest update to the DX 9.0c. If you install 9.0c it will update you to the latest version, which is October. That will probably put you where you need to be.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|