SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Snacky #2374791 11/09/07 02:58 PM
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 3,270
S
Senior Member
Senior Member
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 3,270
I was playing on a 480p display last nite and I think that was really giving me difficulty, going to have to put the 360 back in the computer room.

Apparently I had changed my control sensitivity to "low" and that slows you down even when looking down the sights.

It's just going to take some time to learn the maps as well.

Master, good to see you in game, hope you like it, if not, I will stand by my offer.


Steam: Sinner6
Uplay: Sinner76028
MWO: Sinner6
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Snacky #2374792 11/09/07 03:00 PM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,952
J
Duke of URL
Veteran
Duke of URL
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,952
 Originally Posted By: SNACKY
The [SHQ] squad is in full effect. lol It's not for the weak hearted either. When we are losing you know about it. When we are winning you know about it. lol

Trying to use the different weapons and unlock boot camp extras is a lot of fun. I find myself not being able to set the thing down because I want to see if I can just get to that next level. Right now I just aim for getting a kill ratio of at least 1:1 and break even. Sometimes everything is going my way and I can't be stopped and sometimes I wish I had never turned the damn thing on. lol


That was a ton of fun last night. If I didn't have to work today I could've kept on 'til 4AM

We definitely need some work on our Domination tactics but we did well in team deathmatch. The more we talk, the better we do. That last game we played was textbook, we all stuck together and if an enemy popped up he usually had a minimum of three weapons on him. For domination we need to work on over watch, where we have more guys covering and only one or two going to the actual flag. The trash pile on Bog is a good example, one guy should cap it and the rest of us should be keeping the bad guys off him. After captures we should leave a two man team in place to defend and cover the advance of the team moving on the next objective.



UndertheRadar, it's going to be hard to play the single player if we have to start spamming you with invites \:D


Commence to Jigglin'
sinner6 #2374794 11/09/07 03:01 PM
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 3,270
S
Senior Member
Senior Member
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 3,270
PS maybe those of us who are not turbo death machines should stick together and play a bit more slowly in defensive/suppressive roles....


Steam: Sinner6
Uplay: Sinner76028
MWO: Sinner6
UnderTheRadar #2374796 11/09/07 03:02 PM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,952
J
Duke of URL
Veteran
Duke of URL
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,952
 Originally Posted By: UnderTheRadar

PS I know this game is good but, I hope it does not KILL other games (AC6), just bumps them off for a little while.


I want to get into some MP for AC6 but CoD4 is video crack. If I didn't have to work and eat and whatnot I'd still be online \:D

Where is the local office for COD4 Anonymous?


Commence to Jigglin'
sinner6 #2374798 11/09/07 03:03 PM
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 3,270
S
Senior Member
Senior Member
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 3,270
Jeevz-

great minds think alike!


Steam: Sinner6
Uplay: Sinner76028
MWO: Sinner6
sinner6 #2374850 11/09/07 03:37 PM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,952
J
Duke of URL
Veteran
Duke of URL
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,952
Yep, we'll get better. Learning the maps is really important and having obvious names for areas so calling out targets is more descriptive. "Just North of thrash pile" will get the bad guy dead a lot faster than "North, over there" \:D

We need a sniper for maps like Bog, Overgrown, Bloc and a few others.

Since we fell hard off the Domination horse last night I think we need to jump back on it. We need to win a match by 100 points.


Commence to Jigglin'
Jeevz #2374899 11/09/07 04:42 PM
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 3,270
S
Senior Member
Senior Member
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 3,270
I will try sniping as I was sucking so hard at running and gunning last night, maybe I should turn off that "bullet magnet" perk, too \:\)

Personally, I have no trouble with the idea of designating a leader and following orders.


Steam: Sinner6
Uplay: Sinner76028
MWO: Sinner6
sinner6 #2374931 11/09/07 05:18 PM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 115
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 115
/rant on

I saw you guys online last night and was just about to join when.....THE WIFE arrived!! And guess what?! Things needed to be done around the house! What can I do to get her interested in COD?!?

/rant off

zer0_2121 #2374949 11/09/07 06:00 PM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,952
J
Duke of URL
Veteran
Duke of URL
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,952
Sounds like you've got the hardest mission of all zer0. I hope you get an achievement for it.


Commence to Jigglin'
Jeevz #2374984 11/09/07 06:41 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 482
B
BBQ Offline
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 482
Sounds like fun--any room for a multiplayer newbie?


BBQ
BBQ #2374988 11/09/07 06:48 PM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,952
J
Duke of URL
Veteran
Duke of URL
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,952
Yeah, of course. The more the merrier.

Are you on my friends list?


Commence to Jigglin'
Jeevz #2375006 11/09/07 07:25 PM
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 403
S
Crankin Wrenches
Member
Crankin Wrenches
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 403
We can always use a guy named BBQ. lol Toobad there aint no flame thrower in the game. lmao


�The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.� -Patrick Henry
Snacky #2375014 11/09/07 07:33 PM
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 403
S
Crankin Wrenches
Member
Crankin Wrenches
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 403
Paying attention tot hat UAV map has really been the difference between a good run and just sucking wind in this game. I also agree that once we learn the maps and are able to call out landmarks things will tighten up, but for now I just try to watch the flanks and keep an eye on that UAV so nobody sneaks up on me.

How many different maps are in Team Deathmatch? Aren't there like 8 maps, but I only see the same 3 or 4 in rotation. I also thought the maps would be bigger than the ones in the beta.


�The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.� -Patrick Henry
Snacky #2375022 11/09/07 07:41 PM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,952
J
Duke of URL
Veteran
Duke of URL
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,952
16 maps came with the game but it selects different ones depending on the game type.


Commence to Jigglin'
Jeevz #2375055 11/09/07 08:03 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,839
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,839
In previous versions of CoD you could pick and choose from a list of available maps according to game type. Not sure if it's the same on the 360.

I still haven't played MP on the 360 yet. I'll get to it tonight or tomorrow for S3 for sure.


Leeman/LeemzHQ
Leeman #2375060 11/09/07 08:07 PM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,952
J
Duke of URL
Veteran
Duke of URL
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,952
It uses matchmaking and the party system like Halo 3 on the 360.


Commence to Jigglin'
Jeevz #2375094 11/09/07 08:50 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 482
B
BBQ Offline
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 482
 Originally Posted By: 249th_Jeevz
Yeah, of course. The more the merrier.

Are you on my friends list?


I don't think so.

gamertag = Dostoevski


BBQ
BBQ #2375096 11/09/07 08:51 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 482
B
BBQ Offline
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 482
Even though my gamertag is Dostoevski (my favorite author)--it would probably be easier if you guys just called me BBQ \:\)

I'll try to add you guys to my friends list tonight.


BBQ
BBQ #2375158 11/09/07 10:11 PM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
P
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
You people are gonna make me buy this, aren't you?

pfunk


"A little luck & a little government is necessary to get by, but only a fool places his complete trust in either one." - PJ O'Rourke

www.sixmanfootball.com
PFunk #2375249 11/10/07 12:53 AM
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 403
S
Crankin Wrenches
Member
Crankin Wrenches
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 403
Don't worry BBQ, I don't think I could pronounce it even if I was sober. lol


�The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.� -Patrick Henry
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,071,403 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1