SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 18,786
R
No one of consequence
Veteran
No one of consequence
Veteran
R Offline
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 18,786
Bob's your uncle... that is so English. \:\)

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,648
W
Senior Member
Senior Member
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,648
I'm not touching the code in EVO, even with permission. Thats just not a can of worms that I want to open up.

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 4,803
L
Tom Thumb
Senior Member
Tom Thumb
Senior Member
L Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 4,803
Wepps,.. that implies there are cans of worms you want to open up

Razor; Its ok 'Ole boy

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 825
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 825
I must say that I agree with Razorback! (woe me for saying that)

I do like to play Evo with serious people. Maybe not in *too* strict groups (too long map for that), but to at least have a chain of command, service and taxi people, pilots, footsloggers and assigned missions and roles to teams and individuals (i.e. standard fireteam, recon team, etc, and the specific gear for each person in a squad).

But, since I'm in the totally wrong timezone to play a lot with you guys, I do feel like playing the real missions on Saturdays, just like on Serious Sundays.
That definitely weights heavier than playing Evo that I can do at 13 servers on a dozen.

Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 18,786
R
No one of consequence
Veteran
No one of consequence
Veteran
R Offline
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 18,786
Originally Posted By: Inkompetent
I must say that I agree with Razorback! (woe me for saying that)


We Vikings have to stick together, brother! \:\)

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,175
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,175
Originally Posted By: Razorback
So far we have 29 votes... though, I don't think we have 29 people who play on the server. So, who is voting? ;\)


More importantly: why don't the results add up to 100%? \:\)

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 12,349
P
Veteran
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 12,349
If you move EVO off of saturday, you might as well just remove it from the server. No one is going to play it on a weeknight, because by the time they make corporal, they'll have to go to bed.

If you wanted to swap saturday with serious sunday, that's fine with me, but it should stay on a weekend.

As for removing it, I think there is a small but vocal crowd that wants it gone, and a fairly decent sized crowd that wants it to stay. Last weekend we had 10-15 people on the saturday, which makes it similar to the turnout for military mondays or serious sundays.

I think that since there are people that don't like it, they should exercise their right to not play, but leave those of us who like it alone.

Plus, its a decent break from the 'serious' stuff.


The word "Martyr" is just a fancy name for "crappy fighter".
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,493
J
Wurkin' man
Hotshot
Wurkin' man
Hotshot
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,493
i think that it has a great idea, and i agree there needs to be leadership; but the repetitiveness is why i don't play anymore. after doing the same thing for the first 3 towns (albeit with deferent equipment), i don't want to do it over and over 10 more times. there needs to be a different mission for each town or something. like rescue hostages/prisoners for information; take an ammo depot so the enemy slowly runs out of ammo; take an airbase to cut down on air attacks; take a sea port so they don't get reinforced by land; blow up a bridge to cut supply routes; etc. (i could go on forever! hehe)

now i know that would take forever to make a mission like that (or not even possible); but i think it would add a lot of replay value each time.

and yes, dying does suck! why cant you respawn at the last town secured? i don't think the army drops their reinforcements 20 miles away at the base and makes them walk! \:D

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 57
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 57
I'm not a fan of EVO. If it is dropped from the rotation, it wouldn't bother me a bit.
...but...
I agree with Paul. ( well... sort of )

Evo is an all day commitment. Playing for a couple of hours on a week night ain't gonna cut it.

Slow

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
M
Lifer
Lifer
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
and now even Paul comes up with something smart, lol... RB and Paul both coming up with great arguments...amazing... ;\)

and I did mention when it was brought up (another admindid this not me, lol) that EVO is the third most popular gaming day/night....

OK... what if we ran evo from FRI evening till Sat EVO... then say around 8 PM Eastern it switched to co-op missions... that way you still have a full 24 hours on EVO on a weekend night *fri) through saturaday... but then more SimHQ squad action can be played SAT night and the Europeans can have squad missions all sat night long till it comes down sunday around noon for the racing event.

just another idea...bring on the comments.

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 260
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 260
Originally Posted By: Magnum SimHQ
...then say around 8 PM Eastern it switched to co-op missions...the Europeans can have squad missions all sat night long till it comes down sunday around noon for the racing event.
2000EST corresponds to 0000GMT (or 0100BST as the UK are currently observing). This realistically would limit Europeans, particularly those further east than the UK, to Sunday morning and most of the afternoon. Not that this is a complaint, I just wanted it known that this wouldn't produce an evening session for those in Europe.

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
M
Lifer
Lifer
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
I know Germany is 6 hours ahead of US Eastern, would the UK be similar, what would be the best times for you Europeans to get together and use the server...day and time?

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
M
Lifer
Lifer
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
and I guess the next question would be... how many members would use the server for co-op game play on a Saturday night, meaning you know you would play but EVO plays so you play elsewhere...
Play on Sat.
single choice
yes, I\'d play on Sat if it was co-op (40%, 6 Votes)
No, I can\'t play sat, or prefer EVO on Sat. (60%, 9 Votes)
Total Votes: 15
Voting on this poll ends: 0 seconds ago

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
M
Lifer
Lifer
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
a poll within a poll, how ya like that? lol

Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 18,786
R
No one of consequence
Veteran
No one of consequence
Veteran
R Offline
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 18,786
Originally Posted By: Paul Morrison
If you move EVO off of saturday, you might as well just remove it from the server. No one is going to play it on a weeknight, because by the time they make corporal, they'll have to go to bed.


Strange. All the other Evo servers I play on are loaded on the weeknights.

Originally Posted By: Paul Morrison
As for removing it, I think there is a small but vocal crowd that wants it gone, and a fairly decent sized crowd that wants it to stay. Last weekend we had 10-15 people on the saturday, which makes it similar to the turnout for military mondays or serious sundays.


Look at the votes. Clearly, the majority wants it gone or moved to a different night.

Originally Posted By: Paul Morrison
I think that since there are people that don't like it, they should exercise their right to not play, but leave those of us who like it alone.


Or, we could just listen to the majority and move it or remove it and use the night for something more productive.

Originally Posted By: Paul Morrison
Plus, its a decent break from the 'serious' stuff.


That is what Friday is for.

Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 18,786
R
No one of consequence
Veteran
No one of consequence
Veteran
R Offline
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 18,786
Originally Posted By: Slow
I'm not a fan of EVO. If it is dropped from the rotation, it wouldn't bother me a bit.
...but...
I agree with Paul. ( well... sort of )

Evo is an all day commitment. Playing for a couple of hours on a week night ain't gonna cut it.

Slow


That is the thing, the Euro players could easily pop in there much earlier and by the time the US players jump in, some of the towns are clear. See, the way it works now, more US players jump in early anyway, so we are just reversing the roles, actually giving the Euro players a more structured day on Saturday, where they can join in something other than Evo, while also giving them time to play it earlier than the US players on a weekday.

Hell, I would rather see Evo removed at this point. Can I change my vote?

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
M
Lifer
Lifer
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
no...but you got to admit RB...the third most popular day/night on our server is Saturday... it's hard to argue with that... and just where are all these votes coming from... we don't have that many players on our server total. lol.... are you guys asking friends to VOTE? shame shame shame. lol

Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 18,786
R
No one of consequence
Veteran
No one of consequence
Veteran
R Offline
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 18,786
Third most popular perhaps... but the more hardcore nights get the most attention.

As for the votes... no clue. Maybe the fact that it was put on the front page is getting people to vote who have thought about playing. Or some are creating multiple accounts and voting for Evo twice. ;\)

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 17,481
Likes: 8
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 17,481
Likes: 8
If you are gonna have an Evo day leave it the way it is.

Funtastic Friday is also pretty popular.


'After about twenty years of having one, I am now convinced that, for the most part, smartphones may be the dumbest thing man has ever invented!"

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 18,786
R
No one of consequence
Veteran
No one of consequence
Veteran
R Offline
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 18,786
Just to counter Nixer's comment, move it or remove it, please. \:\)

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,074,544 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1