|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 40
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 40 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 631
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 631 |
Hello Skycat,
Following the most recent update by EnjoyR (patch for no add-ons version 1.92), do you think one can update 1946 and get all free DGen campaigns without the need to install your BOE update first, but just using EnjoyR's patch?
Cheers,
Vince
Last edited by vtrelut; 04/28/07 01:31 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 22,410
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan Lifer
|
|
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan Lifer
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 22,410 |
Hi . . . great resource. I just started a new USN campaign out of Tulagi with the new Enjoyr patch. After having tried DCG for some time (a great program), I still find I prefer DGEN so this patch is a great thing for me. For some reason though, I can't get that skins link to work for me. It takes me to this page: http://nahraj.cz/down/498209598/EnjoyrPatchAskins.zip.html . . . but I don't get a download link. Any ideas?
The issue is not p*ssy. The issue is monkey.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 172
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 172 |
Nice job Skycat  Now that I'm home I'm having a bit of trouble here. I can't seem to find this file at said page, and its a language I can't read or translate with google. 2. EnJoyrPatchA_skins (190 Mb). This patch alone makes life so much easier for you! The self-installing program puts all the skins where they need to go. Before, you would have had to sort out all these skin textures yourself and manually put them in the correct subfolders. BTW, the campaigns will work fine without custom skins, but skins make the campaigns so much more authentic and immersive.
Last edited by T_O_A_D; 05/18/07 10:54 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 361
Right on commander! Member
|
|
Right on commander! Member
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 361 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 22,410
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan Lifer
|
|
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan Lifer
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 22,410 |
Thanks Gamekeeper . . . . getting the skins now! 
The issue is not p*ssy. The issue is monkey.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 172
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 172 |
Thanks Gamekeeper, 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 497
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 497 |
Thanks for keeping this guide updated . its quite intimidating for returnees like me. Its given me a new lease of life with the RAF in Africa. Thanks so much to all involved.
Last edited by silent-one; 06/13/07 03:16 AM.
"The vast majority of Iraqis want to live in a peaceful, free world. And we will find these people and we will bring them to justice." Washington DC, 27 October, 2003. President Goerge W Bush
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,205
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,205 |
Happy Happy, Joy Joy! Last night I was finally able to get IL2-MAT Manager to work in Windows VISTA. Unfortunately, to make this happen I had to completely uninstall IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 and then reinstall it outside of VISTA's "Program Files" folder. After that, I reinstalled IL2-MAT Manager outside of the Program Files folder as well. Doing this now allows both programs to update their various configuration files when changes are made. It seems that VISTA is naturally overprotective of anything located in the Program Files folder. Similarly, a few nights ago I achieved success with installing Uber-Quick Mission Generator by installing it outside of the Program Files folder. Unlike with IL2-MAT Manager, UQMG worked for me even though 1946 was (at that time) still in the default location in the Program Files folder. This threw me off the the trail for finding a solution to getting IL2-MAT Manager to operate, and I wasted a lot of time installing and reinstalling IL2-MAT Manager components.  Lesson learned: if using Windows VISTA, don't install anything IL-2 related into the Program Files folder. I've updated the opening post with this advice.
Remove before flight
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,563
Pop Member
|
|
Pop Member
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,563 |
Just installed "46". With landscape set to "perfect" (1200x1600 32)I get A/C, runway, clouds but rest is black! ATI Radeon X800(256),XP,2 gigs Ram?? Aslo it never asked for the second disk??
Pop
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 631
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 631 |
The second disk is a bonus DVD, not necessary for the game.
Did you run il2setup.exe before launching the game, a program contained in the game's root folder?
Maybe you should run it again.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,563
Pop Member
|
|
Pop Member
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,563 |
That did it! Thanks. What "slab" will work with 46?
Pop
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan Senior Member
|
|
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214 |
Hello everyone,
Is there a no-cd patch for the UK version? Securerom is having trouble reading the disk and it takes me five or so tries before the sim will actually load.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 12,110
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 12,110 |
Just a note on MultiPlayer. If you're not a HyperLobbie person, and want to host, obviously you need to open port 21000 to your Router/Firewall/PC if you want to be a server. Another tip, Magnum and I tested a Dynamic DNS client today, and you can type in DNS names instead of IP addresses in the join screen. So instead of typing an IP and port; 200.100.50.25:21000 You can type; mypc.dyndns.org:21000 The host just starts a free dynamic DNS client beforehand or have a Firewall/Router that supports Dynamic DNS directly. You can read up on Dynamic DNS here; http://www.dyndns.com/services/dns/dyndns/
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,769
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,769 |
Again, the link to EnJoyrPatchA_skins is not working. What is the problem.....??
Working now....Thanks again for the pointers....
Last edited by Jib02; 07/19/07 10:40 PM.
Regards Jib01/02
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,887 Likes: 9
S3D GuRu Hotshot
|
|
S3D GuRu Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,887 Likes: 9 |
Hi What are the ports needed for 1946?? I reaqd here that Port 21000 TCP/UDP is needed what other Ports are used, It should be put in the Front Page Under Part VI:Online Multiplay.
Please Dont reccomend I look in the Manual I Don't have this sim I just need to know the Ports Used for Online Multiplay.
THNX The_Nephilim
Last edited by The Nephilim; 07/22/07 02:55 PM.
Intel Ultra 265K 5.5GHZ / Gigabyte Z890 Aorus Elite / MSI 4070Ti Ventus 12GB / Thermalright Frozen Notte RGB AIO / SoundBlaster Z SoundCard / Corsair Vengance 6400MT 64GB Ram / Buttkicker Simulation / HP Reverb G2 / Samsung 980 Pro 2TB Games / Crucial 1TB M.2 Win 11 Pro 23H2 /
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,908
Bullet Magnet Member
|
|
Bullet Magnet Member
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,908 |
Thanks! This is just what I was wondering today. I just bought IL2 1946 after about a 2 year break from flight sims in general and I am looking forward to flying again soon.
"My doctor says I wouldn't get so many nosebleeds if I kept my finger out of there." - Ralph Wiggum
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,806
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,806 |
If you are a total newcomer you can also hit The Nugget's Guide in my sig. Great stuff Skycat
Last edited by Bearcat99; 08/12/07 03:59 AM.
Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 760
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 760 |
The link to the latest DGen version seems dead, just thought you should know.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,205
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,205 |
I'll check it and remove the link if necessary. The most recent DGen.exe is now also included in Enjoyr's patch, BTW.
Remove before flight
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|