SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
Page 98 of 106 1 2 … 96 97 98 99 100 … 105 106
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,235
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,235
Quote:
Originally posted by heywooood:
Right around SoW - a two fer one.

And there might be another as yet unrevealed simulation due at that time...
If that's a reference to this:

http://www.rrgstudios.com/EN_02_08_UnnamedTitle.shtml

... the possibility concerns me, also. Three sims that I won't be able to decide between if they come out in the same month.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 328
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally posted by tagTaken2:
Quote:
Originally posted by heywooood:
Right around SoW - a two fer one.

And there might be another as yet unrevealed simulation due at that time...
If that's a reference to this:

http://www.rrgstudios.com/EN_02_08_UnnamedTitle.shtml

... the possibility concerns me, also. Three sims that I won't be able to decide between if they come out in the same month.
No need to decide. It's just like if someone asks you if you like Blondes,Brunettes, or Redheads...just say YES!

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 512
H
99% real
Member
99% real
Member
H Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 512
lol....YES!


"you know...in the whole, vast configuration of things you're nothing but a scurvy little spider...and that goes for you!...and that goes for you, too!!"
George Bailey
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 48
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 48
It's Thursday!

There's a beautiful update and this is on the second page? For Shame!



You know the link. Get there.

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6,623
M
Hotshot
Hotshot
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6,623
These screenies do look very slick for pre alpha.



Not too sure about the general look of the trees, I'm sure things will change in the next few months.


WAS C2D 8500 3.16ghz, 285gtx 1gb, 4gig ram, XP NOW Win7 64, I5 2500K, SSD, 8Gig ram, GTX 570
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 179
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 179
Noticed that the engine doesn't rotate with the prop. I know it's pre-alpha, but I figure if the prop is spinning then so should the engine at this point.

Otherwise it's looking very nice.

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,380
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,380
Quote:
Originally posted by SeaWulfe:
Noticed that the engine doesn't rotate with the prop. I know it's pre-alpha, but I figure if the prop is spinning then so should the engine at this point.
It rotates. \:\)

Download and watch the video:

http://www.gennadich.com/files/534/file/multi/gt_promo4.zip

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 187
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 187
Yep - the prop is shown as blurred, but the engine doesn't blur. Having modelled stuff like this (Hi FR ;\) ) I know that it can be tricky to decide how to model it.

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,380
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,380
Hi Ed (how did you know it was me...I'm suppose to be retired). ;\)

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 743
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 743
Oh I don't know, I rather like the trees. Very autumnal

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,343
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,343
I can't believe that it's going to take another year to finish this!

Copterdrvr


Skids are for kids!
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
I know it is not logical to blur the prop and freeze the rotary engine for paused shots, but maybe Gennadich went with that, because it is the "conventional look" for taking screenies. Don't know if I'd prefer a blurred engine... Don't care too much really.


My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,382
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,382
WOW, the quality of the light is amazing!!!

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,343
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,343
I went to this thread this morning during the first cup of coffee and when I scrolled past the first image I thought (for a sec. or two) I was looking at a PHOTO.

Beautiful!

Yeah, I know-short attention span. I saw 'em yesterday-so sue me! \:D


Skids are for kids!
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 187
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally posted by Freycinet:
I know it is not logical to blur the prop and freeze the rotary engine for paused shots, but maybe Gennadich went with that, because it is the "conventional look" for taking screenies. Don't know if I'd prefer a blurred engine... Don't care too much really.
My point was that a prop is pretty easy to model as a blurred object, as it's relatively flat and can be done using alpha channels - a prop in a sim is usually 2 or 3 distinct models that are swapped out - a static prop, a slow moving blurred prop and a fast moving blurred prop.

On the other hand, an engine is a far more complex shape, and what shape does it make when it's blurred? Motion blur can be simulated, but it's heavy on the resources.

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,380
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,380
Guys,

The Camel's Clerget engine already rotates!

Admittedly, in the first frame of the following screenshot composite it appears as if the
rotary is not spinning, but in the other frames it does:



If you view the Camel's take-off video, the rotary engine rotates nicely (do check it out):

http://www.gennadich.com/files/534/file/multi/gt_promo4.zip

At this point in the pre-alpha development there's animations yet to implemented and refined.
For instance, the small cabane-mounted Rotherham air pump propellor is not rotating in these
screenshots, but will be in the future, and we'll all enjoy seeing it whirling away there on a
strut just in our right view. The anemometer wind cups will also be spinning in the airstream
on some German aircraft too:



Lots of accurate "eye candy" animations will be in the sim for our viewing pleasure.

In the meantime, be sure you've already checked out GT's core physics video of the Camel! \:\)

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,343
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,343
It's update day tomorrow, let's move to the front of the line please.

Copterdrvr


Skids are for kids!
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,380
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,380
Looks like the boys are startin' to have a blast:



Nice sequence of action shots from a balloon bust for this week's update:

http://www.gennadich.com/index.htm#

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,676
Likes: 1
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,676
Likes: 1
Great shots - things are looking good.

Barkhorn.


"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion."--- William Ralph Inge

"The ORIGINAL Barkhorn"
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,382
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,382
Looks great, but too much cyan in the color of the sky. Sims often have the color of the sky too blue.

Here....



... just with auto-levels.

Page 98 of 106 1 2 … 96 97 98 99 100 … 105 106

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,072,580 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1