SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
Page 79 of 106 1 2 … 77 78 79 80 81 … 105 106
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 2,255
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 2,255
well, it looks a little bit strange with the ballon gondola hanging to the side \:D

and yes, i know the Spad and the Fokker are in a turn ;\)


JG53*Frankyboy
Flugzeugf�hrer 8./JG53 "Pik As"
HQ_III./JG53
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,676
Likes: 1
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,676
Likes: 1
Nice.

Very nice work.

Got the WWI itch again - just fired up RBII - Hells Angels Super Patch. I just hope that GT puts in some of that "chrome".

Barkhorn.


"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion."--- William Ralph Inge

"The ORIGINAL Barkhorn"
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 745
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally posted by FlyRetired:
James McCudden briefly flew an Albatros D.V, D.1162/17 from Jasta 4 (Vzfw. Clausnitzer) and similarly said, '...On November 5th I went to Hendon with Capt. Clive Collett to fly a V-strutter Albatros which he had for demonstration purposes, and I had a nice ride in it, but I could not think how the German pilots could manoeuvre them so well, for they were certainly not easy to handle." Later, of course, Capt. Collett was killed flying this same Albatros over the Firth of Fourth, apparently when a portion of the exhaust manifold came loose from the engine and struck him and stunned him. It dived straight into the water."
Great stuff! Pilots certainly were literate at the turn of the last century, weren't they?

Having read McCudden's memoirs, I recall him describing the slightly nose-up attitude of the Albatross in flight. McCudden said they always reminded him of "small dogs begging."

\:\)

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,380
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,380
Quote:
Originally posted by Joker:
McCudden said they always reminded him of "small dogs begging." \:\)
Kinda like all of us salivating dogs for this up-coming sim, eh!

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 745
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally posted by FlyRetired:
Kinda like all of us salivating dogs for this up-coming sim, eh!
I'm sure looking forward to it! When is the latest ETA -- still "Fall 2006"?

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 393
=
Member
Member
= Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally posted by dunkelgrun:
KNIGTHS of the Sky? As in 'You, Arthur King and your silly English Kerniggets'? ;\)

oops \:D


VikS
Flying BARANS Forever!
"All wool - to the front!"
www.barans.ru
www.riseofflight.com
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
I made sure to grab that poster, think it will become a collectors item with the spelling eror... \:\)


My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,380
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,380
Quote:
Originally posted by Joker:
When is the latest ETA -- still "Fall 2006"?
Well VikS is being pretty quiet on the release date.....so we'll be prepared for a delay (just in case). ;\)

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 135
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally posted by Barkhorn1x:
Nice.

Very nice work.

Got the WWI itch again - just fired up RBII - Hells Angels Super Patch. I just hope that GT puts in some of that "chrome".

Barkhorn.
Barkhorn, long time no see. The usual suspects over the line at 74 squadron are still there, still climbing for altitude, still looking to ambush you out of the sun.

RAF74 squadron (v) is now 9 years old. some old diggers been around a long time.

See you in the clouds barkhorn.

\:D

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,962
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,962
fixed \:D I feel alot better now ..started gettin a crick in my neck ;\)


Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 393
=
Member
Member
= Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally posted by Tripoli:
[QB] fixed \:D I feel alot better now ..started gettin a crick in my neck ;\)
no way \:D
here it is:



==>> http://www.gennadich.com/lang/en/

Have a good holidays everyone!


VikS
Flying BARANS Forever!
"All wool - to the front!"
www.barans.ru
www.riseofflight.com
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,962
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,962
Far out! \:D

Everything's lookin great! keep on truckin.. ;\)

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 701
3
Member
Member
3 Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 701


Mess with the best, die like the rest!
Jura's Aviation Art
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,015
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,015
Funny how perspective changes the mood of the artwork. Initially, it looked like the D7 had the upper hand. In the last pic it looks like it's going down after the Spad has successfully bounced it.

I like the tendency of the artist to more solid imaging on the engine. Has a nice art deco feel to it. Box art in the style of those old F1 posters would be very nice. Something classy and more adult. More imagery than goofy, pseudo marketing babble plastered all over the box.

Here's a pic I took at the war museum in Ottawa that represents the style I like:



Something that looks like it was marketed for someone older than 10 in mind I guess.

S!

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
Quote:
Originally posted by =FB=VikS:
Quote:
Originally posted by Tripoli:
[QB] fixed \:D I feel alot better now ..started gettin a crick in my neck ;\)
no way \:D
here it is:



==>> http://www.gennadich.com/lang/en/

Have a good holidays everyone!
I feel sorry for the artist, too much of his good stuff has been cropped away in this image, what with no second machine gun and no propeller. I kind of liked the tilted perspective in the original that made you look a second time, to understand what was going on.


My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 716
F
Cr@p Plane aficionado
Member
Cr@p Plane aficionado
Member
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 716
I agree, I think the first one was better! Tilted perspective gave an edge


http://www.svaf.net
Nobody can hear you scream.. in an open cockpit
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,380
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,380
I also agree.....I liked the original perspective better (to me it conveyed more of a feel for motion, power, and tension).

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 393
=
Member
Member
= Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 393
have you guys read the "bug fix list" carefully? ;\)


VikS
Flying BARANS Forever!
"All wool - to the front!"
www.barans.ru
www.riseofflight.com
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,172
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,172
Quote:
Originally posted by =FB=VikS:
have you guys read the "bug fix list" carefully? ;\)
:D


Flying happily along in the Hyperlobby as EAF19_Alfie \:\)
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,380
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,380
Quote:
Originally posted by =FB=VikS:
have you guys read the "bug fix list" carefully? ;\)
Oh ok! \:D

(I think we like the right side up version, or would that be the right side down) \:D

Page 79 of 106 1 2 … 77 78 79 80 81 … 105 106

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,449 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1