Originally Posted By: Hpasp
And what can you tell us about the RCS of the B-2A?


Well the link above says that the F-35 is stealthier (lower RCS) compared to the B-2 which means that the B-2 RCS could be higher than 0.001 square meters.

However there's always the angle of the aircraft towards the radar source factor but again I take these RCS values to be average values (taking into account several angles/aspects of the aircraft).
What I mean with this, is that it's almost certain the F-35 is stealthier from the frontal aspect compared to the B-2 (I believe this is a given fact) but I wouldn't rule out the possibility that the B-2 could be stealthier than the F-35 from the side or rear aspect even comparing with the F-35 (but this I don't know - it's only speculation from my part). This is known to be the case when comparing both the F-35 and the F-22 in terms of RCS.

The link that I gave you earlier contains the closest to an official information that I could gather from the B-2 RCS. So I don't know what's the RCS of the B-2 for sure. I've also seen RCS values on the web for the B-2 being lower than those of the F-35 (-30dBsm for the F-35 while -40dBsm for the B-2) but in case if these values are actually correct this could be the case that these RCS values are average values between several aspects of each aircraft (towards the radar source) instead of a single aspect (like frontal for example) that I was talking about.


Originally Posted By: Hpasp

The F-117A was already measured to be -28dBsm in a competitive environment.
biggrin


Yup.
What's funny is that there are many people that for some reason trend to think that only radar and/or air defence systems evolve over time but for some odd reason that Stealth Technology stay static and the same "forever" (like Stealth Technology for some odd reason couldn't evolve).

Regarding the RCS (in this case about the F-35 again versus air defence systems) I noticed that piston79 beat me in posting this:

http://www.businessinsider.com/f-35-us-air-force-too-stealthy-2016-8


Originally Posted By: Hpasp

Meanwhile...


Oh Donald Trump, Donald Trump... What can I say?? Is it worth mentioning a guy that probably doesn't know the difference between a wing and a landing gear?? biggrin

Last edited by ricnunes; 12/15/16 12:58 PM.