SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 156 of 442 1 2 … 154 155 156 157 158 … 441 442
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,321
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,321
Likes: 19
Saw the commercial today during football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1cOR0sRRIw

I am watching the first episode right now and having a

What the F moment.....


Last edited by NoFlyBoy; 12/02/19 12:44 AM.

[Linked Image]
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,020
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,020
Likes: 66
I’m halfway through the first season of “Altered Carbon”. I definitely recommend it for any fans of Blade Runner or the cyberpunk genre in general.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,825
Likes: 84
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,825
Likes: 84
Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
Saw the commercial today during football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1cOR0sRRIw

I am watching the first episode right now and having a

What the F moment.....



This looks good, thanks for the heads up.

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,020
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,020
Likes: 66
That trailer for "Servant" really does look good. It's good to see M. Night Shyamalan back on track after a few disastrous years.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,790
B
Old Scroat
Senior Member
Old Scroat
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,790
Originally Posted by Chucky
Well guys,I decided to watch the BBC WoTW episode 1 last night. I didn't find it too bad if I'm honest. Certainly there was nothing there that would stop me wanting to see episode 2. I think I'll continue cautiously.

At least it has tripods!


Just ploughed through the murky third episode which had as much maudlin staring and long pauses as a 1920's Soviet film. The seemingly mandatory bolt-on often irrelevant Gay & Diversity sub-plot didn't occur, but we got a Colonial guilt lecture instead. Haven't read the book for many a year but I'm sure that gambit didn't feature in the book written at the height of Victorian Empire building. Why does drama produced by the Beeb lately have to be so worthy and preachy?

Seems to me the writers at the end of episode 2 concurred that: "this is all a bit bollocks isn't it' and rather gave up.



Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,020
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,020
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by BD-123
[Why does drama produced by the Beeb lately have to be so worthy and preachy?




Unfortunately the "social justice warrior" revisionism is quite widespread now in both film and TV in western civilization.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
C
Veteran
Veteran
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
That 3rd episode was a bit of a mission to get through if I'm honest.

I usually avoid anything that the BBC has a hand in but I was intrigued,having an interest in WotW. I certainly won't be adding it to my re-watch list.


If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
I saw "Dark Blue" over the weekend. Pretty good cop flick, and Kurt Russell was awesome as always.

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 26,082
Likes: 167
O
Administrator
Lifer
Administrator
Lifer
O Online: Content
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 26,082
Likes: 167
Just watched The Godfather. I liked it before, but for some reason it brought a new appreciation this time.

Just a really well done movie.


Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,585
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,585
I have my DVR set to record the Big Bang theory and get 4 to 6 a day. I usually only watch tv once it is recorded. Skip the ads and start and stop as I like. I like something light and funny before bed.


Have you seen the Arrow? WWW
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,361
L
Senior Member
Senior Member
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,361
I've beem enjoying "His Dark Materials" with my daughter. We are a few behind the current show progress, but so far it is pretty well done. I liked the books, but haven't yet got around to The Book of Dust... I really should look it out and make a start on it.

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,321
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,321
Likes: 19
Anyone seen this Brad Pitt's Ad Astra movie?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2935510/


[Linked Image]
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 5,534
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 5,534
Originally Posted by Lieste
I've beem enjoying "His Dark Materials" with my daughter. We are a few behind the current show progress, but so far it is pretty well done. I liked the books, but haven't yet got around to The Book of Dust... I really should look it out and make a start on it.

Struggled to get through the first episode, have not watched the rest yet but I have recorded them for later.

Like others have said the BBC's WoTW was very preachy and the series is not worth a re-watch so deleted it off the dvr


Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil
Sons of the hound come here and get flesh
Clan Cameron
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
C
Veteran
Veteran
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
As I understand it the BBC series 'His Dark Materials' is based on the trilogy whereas the 2007 film was based on just one book (The Golden Compass). I enjoyed the 2007 film and much preferred Sam Elliot playing Lee Scoresby.

I also read The Golden Compass so where the film left off I'm in the dark so to speak. I'm intrigued to see where it goes.


Last edited by Chucky; 12/03/19 12:11 PM.

If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,020
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,020
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
Anyone seen this Brad Pitt's Ad Astra movie?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2935510/



Not yet but I do plan on seeing it when it's available on Netflix or Amazon Prime.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,134
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Online: Cool
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,134
Likes: 190
"The Mule". Clint Eastwood is awesome as always


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,020
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,020
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by F4UDash4
"The Mule". Clint Eastwood is awesome as always



Clint never ceases to amaze me with his incredible work ethic and energy. This guy is 89 years old and one of the hardest working people in Hollywood.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,321
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,321
Likes: 19
Ad Astra:

turn it off after the first 8 minutes.

The filmmakers didn't have a technical advisor on how space and earth and gravity and orbit and atmosphere, work?

Hell! They don't even need a technical advisor to tell them that:

anyone who has taken middle school and high school science and physics or read a few non fiction books on those subjects should know the scene in the first 8 minutes of the movie is impossible.


[Linked Image]
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,845
J
Veteran
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,845
Amazon Prime, watched T-34 and Tanks for Stalin. Tanks for Stalin was a Russian Language film while T-34 was in English.
Both good movies and may be a little fictional they do mention. But overall, going to watch again.


Erebus Full Tower:Windows 7 Ult 64bit:Intel� Core� i7
3930K Processor(6x 3.20GHz)32GB[4 GB X8] DDR3-1866:GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan 6GB:1.5Kw PSU: 43" Sceptre 4k:
LG Blu-ray burner,: hd1/750GB,hd2/2TB,hd3/1TB,hd4/1TB,HD5/4TB

Youtube videos
Flickr Photos
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,134
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Online: Cool
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,134
Likes: 190
Watched "The Irishman" a few days ago. Not really impressed. It's okay but it certainly doesn't live up to the hype. At 3-1/2 hours long it could easily lose 45 minutes or so as it drags at times.

"Goodfellas", "The Untouchables", "Miller's Crossing" all are better gangster flicks IMO.

The hype:

'The Irishman' Named Best Film by National Board of Review


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Page 156 of 442 1 2 … 154 155 156 157 158 … 441 442

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
"Problem occurred in connection"
by F4UDash4 - 09/14/26 01:41 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,069,762 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1