SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#4439405 09/17/18 05:37 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 243
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 243
Does anyone know how to contact Google or Gmail directly, without the endless round-robin of menus that just recur solving absolutely nothing?

I have had to change my Gmail password three times in just a couple of hours. It works for my desktop but now my iPad is not recognized and I have no idea how to make it right!

All their self help menus do absolutely nothing!

Thanks

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 115
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 115
Did you link your phone to your acct.
They are supposed to send you a text when you sign in from a different device to verify it's you.

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Went through this automated hell a few months back and I almost lost my YouTube account. If you don't give them a phone number you will eventually lose the account since they require you to use the automated account recovery methods since there is NO live help available anymore.
I finally broke and gave up and gave them a phone number just to avoid their automated BS that doesn't work if you aren't using a cellphone to allow them to send you an account recovery number. frown


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,509
D
Senior Member
Senior Member
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,509
Over the past few weeks, I have had the opportunity for some very therapeutic yelling at AOL. It seems that their new multi step verification process requires separate passwords for any non-AOL apps that access their email (Outlook, iPhone, IPad, etc).

They didn’t actually, you know, tell anyone about it. But, I began to have intermittent bouts of “invalid password”notifications.

Don’t know if they are related, but sounds similar. Just pray that fixing it doesn’t insta-delete all your old emails like it did mine.

Good luck.

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 243
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 243
Thanks everyone!

iPad worked perfectly before, now all "new" passwords are rejected. I don't know what I can do. Maybe I'll have to find a new email app.

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 17,481
Likes: 8
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 17,481
Likes: 8
If you find a good secure one that doesn't spam you etc...let us know.


'After about twenty years of having one, I am now convinced that, for the most part, smartphones may be the dumbest thing man has ever invented!"

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
There might be one option left for you? It did work for me.


If you have a second email account where they sent an account recovery email you might still have a shot at recovering your account. I had a customer support email asking for verification that I had recovered the account in my files that was about 90 days old. I had already sent it in once letting them know that I had recovered the account but I sent it again telling them that I still needed help since I had no other options left. It worked and that allowed me to reset the Password again but I absolutely had to give a cell phone number as a secondary verification to avoid losing the account again.

Quote
Hi there,

Here at Google, we're constantly trying to provide you the best customer support experience.
You recently contacted our support team to regain access to your Google account. Since then, have you been able to successfully sign back into your account?

  • Yes, I'm all set
  • No, I still need help


Thanks for helping us bring you the best customer support experience!

Regards,
The Google Accounts team



Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
Google gives no support for anything. Not even if you email them. They don't give a damn about their customers.

Otherwise my wife's Nexus 10 android tablet would have been fixed a few years ago when a Google update busted the device. Ask Google to honor their warranty?

Nope.

All requests ignored. Google is a horrible company.

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 243
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 243
Well after yet another password change, this time to fewer characters, for ease of typing, I finally got things back to "normal."

Agreed, google SUX!

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,875
Likes: 6
M
Senior Member
Senior Member
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,875
Likes: 6
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Google gives no support for anything. Not even if you email them. They don't give a damn about their customers.
Oh yes they do. It's just that their users are not customers but sources of data that is the product they sell to their customers.

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Originally Posted by mikew
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Google gives no support for anything. Not even if you email them. They don't give a damn about their customers.

Oh yes they do. It's just that their users are not customers but sources of data that is the product they sell to their customers.

Yep. yep

Glad to hear it is working for you again.


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
"Problem occurred in connection"
by F4UDash4 - 09/14/26 01:41 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,195 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1