|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 181
Ay dios mio Member
|
|
Ay dios mio Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 181 |
Seeing Sam Tarley at his family's castle in a warm climate was almost surreal.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 5,534
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 5,534 |
Seeing Sam Tarley at his family's castle in a warm climate was almost surreal. At least he didn't change out of his warm black clothes  My heavens, didn't Denny's new steed get big!
Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil Sons of the hound come here and get flesh Clan Cameron
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 181
Ay dios mio Member
|
|
Ay dios mio Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 181 |
My heavens, didn't Denny's new steed get big!
It likely ate the old one.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba Senior Member
|
|
I will take you to Jabba Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465 |
Arya on the run from the Faceless Men... If she does not win, No One will win. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 5,534
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 5,534 |
Arya on the run from the Faceless Men... If she does not win, No One will win. The waif was getting the needle about Arya's training, I guess that was the point of Arya pulling her sword from the stone.
Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil Sons of the hound come here and get flesh Clan Cameron
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba Senior Member
|
|
I will take you to Jabba Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465 |
My heavens, didn't Denny's new steed get big!
It likely ate the old one. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 50
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 50 |
Anyone besides me who thinks of Sgt Vasquez' final scene in Aliens watching The child of the forest igniting her last grenades zombies crawling through the tunnel?
... Nearly forgot this because of Hodor :-(
Best eposode imho
Commodore PC-1, 8086 4,77 MHz, Hercules Monochrome Graphics Card, 640 KB RAM, 5 1/4 and 3,5" Floppy, 20 MB HDD
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba Senior Member
|
|
I will take you to Jabba Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465 |
Why the best episodes have no Dany?
Sandor...HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! HYPE!!
"Snow" - Wun Wun
Onion Knight 2016.
Badass kid actress playing the head of House Teddy Bear.
I knew Margery was doing an act!
Jaime is DISAPPOINT!!
Drink the DAMN ALE!!
Raven sent? Player "Littlefinger" enters the game.
Arya is leaking.
Last edited by Bib4Tuna; 06/06/16 03:06 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 6,968
Silastic Armorfiend Hotshot
|
|
Silastic Armorfiend Hotshot
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 6,968 |
Either series-Arya is really, really dumb and just too slow to have learned anything during her time with the Faceless Men... ....or there is some Tyler Durden/ Fight Club thing going on with the Waif. 
Why men throw their lives away attacking an armed Witcher... I'll never know. Something wrong with my face?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba Senior Member
|
|
I will take you to Jabba Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465 |
Either series-Arya is really, really dumb and just too slow to have learned anything during her time with the Faceless Men... ....or there is some Tyler Durden/ Fight Club thing going on with the Waif. A girl did not have Needle. And where did a girl got all that money? Hmmmmmm...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 181
Ay dios mio Member
|
|
Ay dios mio Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 181 |
Anyone besides me who thinks of Sgt Vasquez' final scene in Aliens watching The child of the forest igniting her last grenades zombies crawling through the tunnel?
... Nearly forgot this because of Hodor :-(
Best eposode imho Kind of related, but I don't get the Hound bit in the last episode. Is it just a cliche or a subtle nod to 80s action movies, what with the basic idea being "super warrior finally finds peace but is ruined by douchebags from his past". The whole wood carrying thing practically came out of Commando.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba Senior Member
|
|
I will take you to Jabba Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465 |
Ok, now I am convinced. Whoever got stabbed in that last scene on EP6 was not Arya. http://imgur.com/a/xvoXs
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,690
Son of Birmingham Member
|
|
Son of Birmingham Member
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,690 |
Got on an elevator the other day. A girl down the hall yelled 'hold the door'. I flinched a little bit.
MWO callsign Feetwet
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba Senior Member
|
|
I will take you to Jabba Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465 |
Last edited by Bib4Tuna; 06/13/16 02:39 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba Senior Member
|
|
I will take you to Jabba Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465 |
This episode was terrible. The whole Arya in Bravos thing took three seasons to go nowhere. Not to mention how badass she was supposed to have become, and turned out she seem to have learned nothing - and even allows those that help her to be killed. The Faceless Men seem OK with her breaking the rules at the end...what? The Mereen storyline seems to be a waste of Tyrion as a character. Brienne in Riverrun was a waste, her character changed nothing by being there. They kill the T-1000 Waif and The Blackfish off screen. And Micro King cancels Cleganebowl? That kid will be fish food before the season ends....  Best were the Hound and Mountain scenes.
Last edited by Bib4Tuna; 06/13/16 08:16 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 6,968
Silastic Armorfiend Hotshot
|
|
Silastic Armorfiend Hotshot
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 6,968 |
"Instead of making the best out of a bad situation by leaving this lost cause of a castle defense and going north and help my niece who's desperately in need of seasoned warriors and leaders, I'll just stay here and die a completely useless death, going against Tully guards." - The Blackfish  [There is still the faint hope that despite what he's told Brienne, he did what he did in A Feast for Crows]
Last edited by Jayhawk; 06/13/16 07:29 PM.
Why men throw their lives away attacking an armed Witcher... I'll never know. Something wrong with my face?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 6,968
Silastic Armorfiend Hotshot
|
|
Silastic Armorfiend Hotshot
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 6,968 |
Jaqen's smirk at the end after Arya's mic drop could be a hint that everything seems to go according to (his) plan.
Why men throw their lives away attacking an armed Witcher... I'll never know. Something wrong with my face?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 6,779
XBL: LanceHawkins Hotshot
|
|
XBL: LanceHawkins Hotshot
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 6,779 |
I think this episode was a lot of circles completing and getting ready for the next steps:
Arya - ARya finally figured out she is Arya Stark of Winterfell, not a faceless (wo)man assassin. It took her being commanded to kill someone she didn't think deserve it to realize it. I think it was also a kind of test for her from Jaqen - to see if she was like the apprentice (a mindless killer who took pleasure in it it seemed), or someone with a soul. I think she will be quite useful to the faceless men back in Westeros.
Cersi - look, your cleverness came back to bite you in your arse, again. If you weren't such a horrible horrible person I might even feel a bit sorry for you. but no, you got it coming :P
Dany - she's conveniently now got a fleet (I figure the threat of a dragon burning their ships is enough to make them sorry). She's found she need good advisors when ruling, and now she is finally ready to bring the Horde and the Unsullied to Westeros.
The Blackfish - somewhere you have to draw the line and make the stand, regardless of how futile it is. In the end you pick something you'll both fight for, and more importantly, die for. For the Blackfish it was his home.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 6,968
Silastic Armorfiend Hotshot
|
|
Silastic Armorfiend Hotshot
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 6,968 |
The Blackfish - somewhere you have to draw the line and make the stand, regardless of how futile it is. In the end you pick something you'll both fight for, and more importantly, die for. For the Blackfish it was his home.
I don't buy that. It's totally against his character. He was not the Lord of Riverrun, just a temporary warden. His nephew is. Which was made very clear to him by the garrison. Also, he's been away from "home" for most of his life and served House Arryn since Robert's Rebellion. Dying senselessly is not "fighting for his home". Especially if there is a way to win it back someday, with the help of the North. Just wait until Jamie takes his army back to King's Landing, and take back the Riverlands, and destroy the Freys in the process...also something the "real" (=book) Brynden Tully would have had in mind: there's a lot of unfinished business with the Freys. At least in the books he did the smart thing.
Why men throw their lives away attacking an armed Witcher... I'll never know. Something wrong with my face?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 6,779
XBL: LanceHawkins Hotshot
|
|
XBL: LanceHawkins Hotshot
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 6,779 |
The Blackfish - somewhere you have to draw the line and make the stand, regardless of how futile it is. In the end you pick something you'll both fight for, and more importantly, die for. For the Blackfish it was his home.
I don't buy that. It's totally against his character. He was not the Lord of Riverrun, just a temporary warden. His nephew is. Which was made very clear to him by the garrison. Also, he's been away from "home" for most of his life and served House Arryn since Robert's Rebellion. Dying senselessly is not "fighting for his home". Especially if there is a way to win it back someday, with the help of the North. Just wait until Jamie takes his army back to King's Landing, and take back the Riverlands, and destroy the Freys in the process...also something the "real" (=book) Brynden Tully would have had in mind: there's a lot of unfinished business with the Freys. At least in the books he did the smart thing. Guess we disagree - he fought and died for his home, to stop it being turned over to a turncoat traitor. To me that is a honorable cause, and worth paying the price for. Always running aawy to "fight another day" in the end just leaves you dead in a ditch without having accomplished anything. Better to make a stand and go down swinging.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|