SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 839
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 839
Pre-ordered! Figured it's not much risk at $17 CDN, and if it at least had updated cockpit visuals I'll be satisfied. Water rendering doesn't look all that grade, but then again I'm spoiled by CloD!

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,677
K
Hotshot
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,677
Originally Posted By: JanesHQ
Frankly saying that video didn't impress me much. Stock P3D looks better IMHO.

+1

Yeah I think even FSX with ORBX and REX looks better than that video...


[email protected], GTX1080Ti,BenQ XL2420G-g-sync,Oculus Rift
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 839
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 839
No news? The latest is that Flight School is supposed to release this month, yet I hear crickets. wink

J
JanesHQ
Unregistered
JanesHQ
Unregistered
J
Yeah... lack of proper gameplay, a test flight of some sort is really odd considering release date. I skipped pre-ordering. Will see after first reviews.

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 624
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 624
So they've delayed it:
https://www.facebook.com/dtgflightschool...461259240269247

But I still don't get it. This is more like yet another reskin of FSX, it's not a new gen sim. Do we really need another variant of the FSX engine? I certainly don't.

Joined: May 2000
Posts: 9,710
L
Legsie is such a
Hotshot
Legsie is such a
Hotshot
L Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 9,710
Biggest difference is that it's 64-bit and can use DirectX 11. That makes it a bigger difference than between FS2002, FS2004 and FSX.

Small Q&A here.


There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more inexplicable.
There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 624
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 624
Thanks for the link. I was really disappointed to see that they didn't have anything more concrete than a vague interest for VR. With FlyInside I can already have great VR for FSX and Prepar3D with my DK2 and soon my Vive, so I'll definitely skip this one until they catch up with VR. I really thought that this would be a no brainer for a new flight sim.

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,409
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,409
Originally Posted By: Legend
Biggest difference is that it's 64-bit and can use DirectX 11. That makes it a bigger difference than between FS2002, FS2004 and FSX.

Small Q&A here.


64 bit sure could have some potential. Like finally truly 100% eliminating the blurries. Might make for a massive loadup time but I'd be fine with that.

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 6,968
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 6,968
The most important improvement with 64 bit is that it would eliminate the 2/3/4 GB VAS limit.


Why men throw their lives away attacking an armed Witcher... I'll never know. Something wrong with my face?
U
USSCheyenne
Unregistered
USSCheyenne
Unregistered
U
First look. Got to say, i'am sold. Was a bit sceptic at first but it looks great.


Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 9,145
Likes: 8
A
Hotshot
Hotshot
A Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 9,145
Likes: 8
This does look really really good.


"Go Fly A Kite!"
-Jason R.
FS-WWI Project Leader
FS-WWI Plane Pack Site

Intel i7 14700k
Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite X
64GB Corsair DDR5 6400 Dominator Titanium
AMD XFX 7900 XTX Merc310 Black Edition
LG UltraGear 38GN95B-B 38" monitor
Corsair HX1200 PSU
1TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
2TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
Two 2TB EVO 860 SSDs
Sound Blaster ZxR
Win 10 x64 Pro
HOTAS Cougar #4069 w/Uber II Nxt mod #284 & UTM bushings
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,677
K
Hotshot
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,677
Wow pleasantly surprised, this looks pretty good, here's hoping it also has ATC and AI.

For the price it seems like it will be alot of fun.


[email protected], GTX1080Ti,BenQ XL2420G-g-sync,Oculus Rift
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,606
M
Senior Member
Senior Member
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,606
If most of my addons eventually work with this or can be ported over, I'd probably switch to this rather than reinstalling P3D next time a reinstall is required for one reason or another.


Sager NP8671 17.3" Notebook, i74720HQ (3.6GHz), GTX 970M (3.0GB), 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB 7200RPM HD, TrackIR 4, CH HOTAS and rudder pedals
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 957
Member
Member
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 957
I'm glad I've preordered it, it surely looks sweet.

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,222
Likes: 2
More projects than sense!
Member
More projects than sense!
Member
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,222
Likes: 2
The scenery doesn't appear to cast shadows. frown

g.


Proud owner of 80-0007
http://www.f15sim.com - The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - the Me-109F/X Project
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 839
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 839
Can't wait. biggrin

U
USSCheyenne
Unregistered
USSCheyenne
Unregistered
U
Well, it's out. And it's being trashed on Steam. IMHO very unfairly. Folks just didn't understand what they're getting. They expected a full blown next gen sim. But it was never advertised as that. Although i own FSX SE and P3D I intend to put some serious hours into this. It looks really nice, much better than stock P3D, runs great (i know some folks experience some issues, like AA not working), the UI is clean and very easy to navigate. For anyone wanting to try flying it's a must by. It's really worth 15$, just know what you're buying.





Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 957
Member
Member
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 957
I completely agree with you Cheyenne. It's only 15$. Compared to single modules of DCS for ~40$ it's a steal. Maybe you've got only 2 planes and over 10 training and 9 regular missions, but you still have the whole world to fly in with ATC and AI traffic.

And the performance is better for me than in FSX SE.


Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
-
Veteran
Veteran
- Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Can you guys detail what the 10 training and 9 regular missions actually are? What aircraft? What do they teach? What is the mission about?

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 957
Member
Member
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 957
There are over 10 training missions (5 + 1 skill test in Europe and 8 + 1 checkride in USA - 15 total).

You can check them out here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIku_oD9y-RBZUHFKYQN98D4m-gsk6Fap

I'll add more videos soon, currently I completed all up to navigation lesson (6th in US school), which are pretty nicely done.

9 regular missions are standard "transport passanger" or "oh sh*t my engine is out" type of missions, but I only played about 5 of them, and these were the short ones, the longer ones I left for later, might be more interesting.

Last edited by damson; 05/25/16 11:36 PM.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
"Problem occurred in connection"
by F4UDash4 - 09/14/26 01:41 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,069,772 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1