SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 48 of 240 1 2 … 46 47 48 49 50 … 239 240
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Got a bunch of editing done today.

Cleaned up after General Vaz in Back To School, added header info in the briefings about SimHQ Teamspeak and the type of mission - COOP or H2H. Took out opponents in Ants, Road Kill and Thunder Of Kojori so that these are COOP now.

Also cleaned up Late Activations in White Bird and the missions above.

My list is clear!

crew

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Eh tc- no, I didn't change anything crew did with the SAMs... Except for make one arrive at the beginning of the mission. But it's always had a Sam arrive every hour or so,.. If you got in late, more SAMs would arrive.

That photo is 2 pages back I believe of an a10 orbiting novo.

Thanks wheel! Ill see if I can find some more to adjust!

Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
Really?! Hmmm wondering who shot me then. I reset the mission and joined about 10 mins later. Flew though the gauntlet and got on scene. Took at least 3 SAMs while coming off tgt. Maybe it was the usual crew that shows up at the waters edge I guess. Thanks for the tip on the photo, looks cool!

Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 206
X
Seer of the Unseen... SA6
Member
Seer of the Unseen... SA6
Member
X Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 206
Originally Posted By: eno75
Not nearly as terrifying as X-Ray gets if you accuse him of using F keys to achieve A2A victories. If he shot me down, that would have been the first thing I "SEND TO ALL."

hehehe


Ha ha... had a fun moment in Back to School yesterday looking for Molasses... "Could all Blue pilots throw flares NOW for identification? ... ANYBODY NOT FLARING IS ABOUT TO GET SHOT DOWN! ... Oh okay, I see your flares biggrin "

Grabbed a couple of random recent shots and gave them a quick photobucket brush-up:



I just realised something that would add an edge to the Highway, that I don't think anyone's mentioned yet... Night Highway! And... Snow/Rain Highway! I would love to fly those biggrin

Last edited by XRay_Specs; 02/04/13 01:35 AM.
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 664
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 664
highway in a snow storm sounds wicked.


Off to greener pastures
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Originally Posted By: near_blind
highway in a snow storm sounds wicked.


Time for some White Bird.

WC

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Originally Posted By: tomcat
Really?! Hmmm wondering who shot me then. I reset the mission and joined about 10 mins later. Flew though the gauntlet and got on scene. Took at least 3 SAMs while coming off tgt. Maybe it was the usual crew that shows up at the waters edge I guess. Thanks for the tip on the photo, looks cool!


Each Igla position has 2 guys with launchers- and I don't think they "reload" per se... they basically shoot at you, then "grab" another launcher and shoot. Don't know their interval but they can put a LOT of missiles in the air all things considered.

And no- there is no "usual" crew... that's the whole point of my modifications to keep it "real." I haven't touched the scripting of when they arrive (well, except that first group)- but I have been able to move them around to fun and fancy locations. Not impossible to detect- but you have to look carefully and BE CAREFUL.

Whole reason I started stepping in to do the switchups so Crew can concentrate on polishing his new missions... to keep things so you couldn't just walk down the garden path, fire your gun 5 times, then rearm and saunter back killing everything in sight.

Anyway- My intention is NOT to make sure that people are eating missiles all day just to keep you honest... In some cases different vehicles skill levels are higher... in many cases there are more "softer" threats like AAA to just add to the intensity of the game. By the time people are finished flying the highway- I want them to feel like they need to catch their breath... but to still be able to survive it. How do you do that? More forces with low(er) skills who will shoot lots and hopefully not hit anything (unless you screw around and doddle... then you're dead meat).

I'm taking the server down for a few hours now to work on some of the fixes Crew did in his version on Back to School- the smoke etc... I'll probably put a training mission up tomorrow morning.

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 948
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 948
WC - just a point you might be interested in - I was on t'other night and people on TS were saying they avoid your server because it's way too difficult.

Don't know if it's your intention, but though you may like to know wink


I say it as I see it
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 449
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 449
Originally Posted By: JonnyD
WC - just a point you might be interested in - I was on t'other night and people on TS were saying they avoid your server because it's way too difficult.

Don't know if it's your intention, but though you may like to know wink


i dont beleave that,104 server that very difficult,thats why i fly firehouse its fun and guys are very mad he he,thanks guys for the fun game saturday around 12am uk time,i dont know who was the mad one saturday night,he was funny,maceuk who was it, smash


CPU Intel Core i7-6700 processor
NVIDA Geforce GTX 970
16 GB memory
SSD Capacity 256 GB
windows 10 HD 64 bit
joystick Saitek X52 PRO
CYBORG X Kayboard
Trac ir 4
DCS world KA50/A-10c/P51/HUEY/spitfire
IL2 1946/IL-2 C.O.D/R.O.F/ARMA 3/silent hunter beta
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Frick... Omega is in there flying his heart out and I don't hear him whining about how hard the missions are. Good grief.


A lot of these guys who come in and rag on the missions come in, fly by themselves, don't talk to anyone because they think we're a bunch of buffoons, get shot down 5 times because they didn't read the brief then leave and complain it's too hard.

I take some responsibility for the fact I don't promote the TS3 connection through SimHQ enough in the server- so I'm going to deal with that side of it... I used to be able to post through the servman message of the day but now I need to script it in.

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 449
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 449
Originally Posted By: eno75
Frick... Omega is in there flying his heart out and I don't hear him whining about how hard the missions are. Good grief.


A lot of these guys who come in and rag on the missions come in, fly by themselves, don't talk to anyone because they think we're a bunch of buffoons, get shot down 5 times because they didn't read the brief then leave and complain it's too hard.

I take some responsibility for the fact I don't promote the TS3 connection through SimHQ enough in the server- so I'm going to deal with that side of it... I used to be able to post through the servman message of the day but now I need to script it in.

salute


CPU Intel Core i7-6700 processor
NVIDA Geforce GTX 970
16 GB memory
SSD Capacity 256 GB
windows 10 HD 64 bit
joystick Saitek X52 PRO
CYBORG X Kayboard
Trac ir 4
DCS world KA50/A-10c/P51/HUEY/spitfire
IL2 1946/IL-2 C.O.D/R.O.F/ARMA 3/silent hunter beta
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
Originally Posted By: eno75
Originally Posted By: tomcat
Really?! Hmmm wondering who shot me then. I reset the mission and joined about 10 mins later. Flew though the gauntlet and got on scene. Took at least 3 SAMs while coming off tgt. Maybe it was the usual crew that shows up at the waters edge I guess. Thanks for the tip on the photo, looks cool!


Each Igla position has 2 guys with launchers- and I don't think they "reload" per se... they basically shoot at you, then "grab" another launcher and shoot. Don't know their interval but they can put a LOT of missiles in the air all things considered.

And no- there is no "usual" crew....


Hope you didn't think I was bad mouthing the mission Eno, if I was frustrated sounding it wasnt what i was after, it was just a product of having SimHQ open on the laptop 15 seconds after I flew 20 mins and got wasted over the target instead of being careful and mopping up threats I thought were there based on prior experience. Needed to have a second coffee I guess instead of hopping on the forum. I'm sorry if I was moved into the cranky about missions category, that's not somewhere I want to be.

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
No man, not at all... I was just saying that in case you missed it- the whole idea of what I was doing was because we were getting too accustomed to the missions as they were... so I went in and switched things up a bit.

But like I said- what I DIDN'T want to do was make the missions "harder" per se... I just wanted to keep them fresh. Granted, I did enter more targets... even ones that shoot back... but many of these "targets" are meant to enhance the mission for when there are 6-10 guys in there (which is what I've been seeing lately.)

I wanted to ask... how was the run down the highway? Notice anything different?

Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
I played in Shirley's cross yesterday and got shot down by the rain. nope frames were at 1 for extended periods in rain. This baffles me because in riders of the storm I have no problems at all.

Frames are in the between 15 and 25 when it's not raining. Usually 20 to 30 is normal for me.

Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
The run across the lake was as much "keep head below the canopy rail" as ever, and the convoys seemed to be a little more dangerous, AAA wise. Head was on a swivel while feet dry and it paid off, I caught a lot of the ground fire visually and was able to adjust accordingly. I knew you had wanted to encourage pilots to move along, and while im apt to head right to Novo instead of tangling with the trucks while enroute so I didn't mess with them much it looked like they were shooting a bit more. Got painted by AAA radar in the hills too I think. That part was cool for sure.

Also you're right, moving the bad guys around and varying them is a lot more real world and adds that surprise factor as well. Btw I think maybe BTS was loaded when I got up, I searched for the most recent Highway, time stamp wise, and flew it. I assume that was the most recent one, 1.2.4 maybe?

Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
K
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
Can I be honest? In highway mission, the flight back to the sea it's easy.

Ok, for me it's easy. Did it a LIMITED number of time, but never been shot at. I died because of cockyness :P but never to enemy ground fire.

And I LOVE IT. Do not, please dear god no, change anything in that part!
It's nice for one to feel like I'm good at something! biggrin

Many thanks!


Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
I know in the past guys have mentioned they don't get shot because we always knew where the shooters were- at the back of the convoy. You could figure out which direction the convoy was going based on that alone. Point your gun and squeeze off and round or two and boom. Shooter is dead- smooth sailing for the next person- especially if you were like me and always targeted the shooters on the first run- made the next run safer.

Now the trick is in figuring out the balance in skill on the AI between quick engagement and relatively inaccurate aaa. (To ensure people are thrilled instead of killed. I'd like to set up a trigger that gets aaa to "fire at point" but I don't think you can adjust the altitude. That way the guns could be firing when you show up instead of having to set up, track you, then fire. Maybe you can but I'm not aware.

Kome I'd be very surprised if you make it through this last iteration without being shot at. wink

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
Last night in The Highway (of DEATH!) (Mace's DEATH!!) biggrin

Think this was the bridge that Omega flew into trying to go under it smile






Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
Originally Posted By: petethehatch
i dont beleave that,104 server that very difficult,thats why i fly firehouse its fun and guys are very mad he he,thanks guys for the fun game saturday around 12am uk time,i dont know who was the mad one saturday night,he was funny,maceuk who was it, smash


The American? That was Omega biggrin

Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 41
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 41
I don't think the server is too hard. I like the challenge. A victory without challenge is no victory.

I also like how many missions allow me to use the Black Shark or the SU-25. I'm very much considering buying Combined Arms as well since it is often included.

Edit: I might also add that when I came to the server I was a relative Newbie as to the A-10 avionics...and I didn't get scared away. When Molasses taught me how to set a steerpoint using GPS coords...it was a whole new ballgame.

Last edited by republic; 02/04/13 03:46 PM.
Page 48 of 240 1 2 … 46 47 48 49 50 … 239 240

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
"Problem occurred in connection"
by F4UDash4 - 09/14/26 01:41 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,069,715 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1