SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 103
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 103
Originally Posted By: WernerVoss
Originally Posted By: xnomad
Would you really shelve a game because it doesn't do FSAA? Come on graphics detailing isn't that important?



Yes, I would. Right now I have 30" of very stark and consequently ugly grainy glittery mess on my monitor when I play CoD. Everything is shimmering and sparkling. There are places all over the planes where the lack of FSAA and AF make them look dire and it's x100 worse on the ground/buildings/trees.


I agree with you here Werner. They've gone to a lot of effort to try and make this game beautiful, (certainly more effort than was spent on the functionality!) but they then scupper their own efforts by not providing users the choice of forcing what ever level of AA/AF they'd like in the sim. Just about every other game/sim that I own does allow this so I'm puzzled by its absence in Clod. Yep, there's a lot of other stuff to fix, but FSAA and AA functioning correctly should be one of their higher priorities in my opinion. Jaggies and shimmer are huge immersion killers for me!


Intel I7 8700k @4,8
MSI GTX1070
16GB ram
Windows 10 64 bit
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
R
Lifer
Lifer
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
Originally Posted By: Freycinet
Oh the gloom oh the sorrow oh the despair....

You guys are pitiful. Walk away from it if you hate it so much.


You know, you could set up a trust fund to pay the price of the game to anyone who bought it and who you expect to "walk away" from it. I mean, it's not like Steam allows returns on non working software...

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 21
A
Junior Member
Junior Member
A Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 21
Originally Posted By: WernerVoss
Soon as RoF's new campaign/career-mode is out CoD will be gone unless the devs show some sign of getting a proper handle on it.


I don't own ROF but I'm really hoping they come out with that soon! But somehow I suspect you'll still be here complaining.

Tired of seeing these forums turned into WhineHQ by the usual whiners posting the same crap over and over.

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,169
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,169
Originally Posted By: airmalik
Originally Posted By: WernerVoss
Soon as RoF's new campaign/career-mode is out CoD will be gone unless the devs show some sign of getting a proper handle on it.


I don't own ROF but I'm really hoping they come out with that soon! But somehow I suspect you'll still be here complaining.

Tired of seeing these forums turned into WhineHQ by the usual whiners posting the same crap over and over.


Would you like some cheese with yours?


Asus P8P67 Pro Mobo
2500K CPU @ 4.5Ghz
Antec H2O Kuhler 950 Water Cooler
16Gb DDR3 DC RAM @ 1600mhz
EVGA GTX780 Classified GPU
Dell U3014 30" Monitor
xFi Titanium HD sound
Corsair Force 250Gb SSD
Corsair RM850w PSU
W7-64
INTJ
A
anon
Unregistered
anon
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted By: WernerVoss
Originally Posted By: airmalik
Originally Posted By: WernerVoss
Soon as RoF's new campaign/career-mode is out CoD will be gone unless the devs show some sign of getting a proper handle on it.


I don't own ROF but I'm really hoping they come out with that soon! But somehow I suspect you'll still be here complaining.

Tired of seeing these forums turned into WhineHQ by the usual whiners posting the same crap over and over.


Would you like some cheese with yours?


Cheese goes well with his mature whine, your's is just a lot of cheap whine which'll give almost anybody bad guts wink

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 2,890
W
Senior Member
Senior Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 2,890
Cool, just what I wanted to see, another thread about how bad the sim is and what is wrong and on and on. Looks like you are in the minority per a poll on the yellow forum.


"A time when America was great,,when the chrome was thick and the women were straight" - Micheal Savage

"If you really want to experience flight in this life then you have to strap a DC-3 to your ass." - Buffalo Joe McBryan President & Captain Buffalo Airways
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,134
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,134
Originally Posted By: RSColonel_131st
Originally Posted By: Freycinet
Oh the gloom oh the sorrow oh the despair....

You guys are pitiful. Walk away from it if you hate it so much.


You know, you could set up a trust fund to pay the price of the game to anyone who bought it and who you expect to "walk away" from it. I mean, it's not like Steam allows returns on non working software...


nah, he'd rather post here and continue to be a drama queen and pretend like the game is perfect. Besides, the games perfect in his eyes, we should all be thankful they made this stunning work of perfection.

wish you didn't have to see posts by people you have on ignore when they are quoted.

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,169
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,169
Originally Posted By: anon
Originally Posted By: WernerVoss
Originally Posted By: airmalik
Originally Posted By: WernerVoss
Soon as RoF's new campaign/career-mode is out CoD will be gone unless the devs show some sign of getting a proper handle on it.


I don't own ROF but I'm really hoping they come out with that soon! But somehow I suspect you'll still be here complaining.

Tired of seeing these forums turned into WhineHQ by the usual whiners posting the same crap over and over.


Would you like some cheese with yours?


Cheese goes well with his mature whine, your's is just a lot of cheap whine which'll give almost anybody bad guts wink


Yours is cheaper and makes people really really poorly. duel


Asus P8P67 Pro Mobo
2500K CPU @ 4.5Ghz
Antec H2O Kuhler 950 Water Cooler
16Gb DDR3 DC RAM @ 1600mhz
EVGA GTX780 Classified GPU
Dell U3014 30" Monitor
xFi Titanium HD sound
Corsair Force 250Gb SSD
Corsair RM850w PSU
W7-64
INTJ
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
B
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
Originally Posted By: airmalik
Tired of seeing these forums turned into WhineHQ


Apparently they even have their own club

A
anon
Unregistered
anon
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted By: WernerVoss
Yours is cheaper and makes people really really poorly. duel


Yeh, Whiskey will do that to you if you mistake it for whine.

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
Originally Posted By: swampthng
Besides, the games perfect in his eyes, we should all be thankful they made this stunning work of perfection.


Of course I don't think it is perfect, far from it, what a ridiculous misrepresentation. But if I detested it as much as the haters spamming this forum I would of course have thrown it away in disgust a long while ago, like any reasonable person. And buggered out of this forum. But, of course, the haters are not here to discuss the sim or even vent their grievances. The most vocal ones don't even want to have the sim smile They are just here to spam. Get a life, I say...


My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,737
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,737
I am now assuming that FSAA will be a $1.99 downloadable Field Modification.

MG/1C have done the historical research and apparently vaseline was much requested to the air bases during the period. By applying it to your googles you get a FSAA effect, making targets easier to spot.

Now some people will say this gives an unfair advantage in MP, as only those that buy the Vaseline Field Mod will benefit. After carefully weighing up all the pros and cons, I've decided I'm all for it, as I'm rich and like to win.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
R
Lifer
Lifer
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
Originally Posted By: Freycinet
But if I detested it as much as the haters spamming this forum I would of course have thrown it away in disgust a long while ago, like any reasonable person. And buggered out of this forum.


Lets be non-provocative and nice for a moment, honest question:

Would you seriously expect people to shelve or throw away a game they paid top dollar for? I think it's a fairly natural customer reaction to cause a stink in whichever form possible when what you paid for does not do as advertised. I actually was able to recently return a game - for money! - in a store because it behaved not as it said it would on my hardware. With platforms like Steam the only recourse a buyer has is to cause as much bad image as possible for the company until the problems are fixed.

So, really honest question: Do you expect guys like Werner who paid for it to go away and chalk it up as loss?

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,737
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,737
Originally Posted By: RSColonel_131st
Originally Posted By: Freycinet
But if I detested it as much as the haters spamming this forum I would of course have thrown it away in disgust a long while ago, like any reasonable person. And buggered out of this forum.


Lets be non-provocative and nice for a moment, honest question:

Would you seriously expect people to shelve or throw away a game they paid top dollar for? I think it's a fairly natural customer reaction to cause a stink in whichever form possible when what you paid for does not do as advertised. I actually was able to recently return a game - for money! - in a store because it behaved not as it said it would on my hardware. With platforms like Steam the only recourse a buyer has is to cause as much bad image as possible for the company until the problems are fixed.

So, really honest question: Do you expect guys like Werner who paid for it to go away and chalk it up as loss?


Steam give refunds - you must be doing it wrong? smile

I say we should move this entire thread to the DRM forum. Bye all!

A
anon
Unregistered
anon
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted By: RSColonel_131st
Originally Posted By: Freycinet
But if I detested it as much as the haters spamming this forum I would of course have thrown it away in disgust a long while ago, like any reasonable person. And buggered out of this forum.


Lets be non-provocative and nice for a moment, honest question:

Would you seriously expect people to shelve or throw away a game they paid top dollar for? I think it's a fairly natural customer reaction to cause a stink in whichever form possible when what you paid for does not do as advertised. I actually was able to recently return a game - for money! - in a store because it behaved not as it said it would on my hardware. With platforms like Steam the only recourse a buyer has is to cause as much bad image as possible for the company until the problems are fixed.

So, really honest question: Do you expect guys like Werner who paid for it to go away and chalk it up as loss?


Top dollar? LMAO.

They were fully aware of the state it was in before buying and if they weren't then they didn't do any research before buying, who buys a game these days without checking out any feedback at all? Nobody unless they don't have net access and we all know they do have net access.

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
Originally Posted By: RSColonel_131st
the only recourse a buyer has is to cause as much bad image as possible for the company until the problems are fixed.


It is obvious that this is your tactic, you've honed it to an artform. Hoewever, other readers of the forums who are looking for honest discussions of the sims we are interested in, aren't really interested of being drive-by victims of your infantile vendettas.

By all means set up hate web sites, vote down the sims in all the online shops you can get around to, but pls try to keep your deranged spamming out of forums where people just want to discuss the sim, its problems and issues, good and bad. There are practically no-one coming here to SimHQ to exchange missions, post help and advice threads, etc, etc, because they know they will just be spammed to death by the hateful few who have decided to squat these forums.

SimHQ is heading downhill fast because of you guys. I hold the moderators responsible, but evidently they have a hard time, because they actually have a life to live in the real world, unlike the psychos, most of whom don't own the sim and would never buy it. I understand this leads to hands-off moderating, but that only contributes to these forums being as crap as they are.

But thanks for coming in here and owning up to the real reason for your forum behaviour over the years: "to cause as much bad image as possible for the company"... - What sad existences you guys are. The negativity must be all-consuming, would be dreadful to hang around you in real life.


My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,169
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,169
Originally Posted By: anon

Top dollar? LMAO.

They were fully aware of the state it was in before buying and if they weren't then they didn't do any research before buying, who buys a game these days without checking out any feedback at all? Nobody unless they don't have net access and we all know they do have net access.


I did do research, I read what the devs and Ubi said about it. Unfortunately they ...I mean I misunderstood them. When they said loads of good stuff about it I misunderstood them to mean the game was a functional and viable piece of software. They did say the Russian release was performing poorly because of a last-minute implementation of the Epilepsy Filter but then Ubi announced it would be removable from the western version and I thought we were back on track again. Unfortunately...yes, mea culpa...I misunderstood the devs again and thought that when they said the Epilipsy Filter was responsible for poor performance it meant the game would run fine with the filter removed.

I misunderstood a whole bunch of other stuff too apparently. I guess I'm really really thick, because my most fundamental misunderstanding appears to have been to expect a working product at all for my money. But then we're back to the doing research bit, because nobody should take it on trust these days that ones money gets one what one should feel entitled to get for it (a working product). But I was too thick to understand the fruits of my research. I thought lots of good things stated meant lots of good things would be present. I didn't know the advert on Ubi's site, all that razzle dazzle footage and stuff, actually meant "Broken Alpha Code". Silly me. I didn't realise it was an invitation to be a paying tester.

I suppose I should have posted direct questions on the devs' own forums, because they would have done their best to give me the info I needed to make an informed decision about splashing my cash. Oh, hang on, some people did. A fellow called Tree, amongst others. He asked lots of very pertinant questions...you know, in the interests of that research you mentioned people should do before buying stuff.

They banned him.



Asus P8P67 Pro Mobo
2500K CPU @ 4.5Ghz
Antec H2O Kuhler 950 Water Cooler
16Gb DDR3 DC RAM @ 1600mhz
EVGA GTX780 Classified GPU
Dell U3014 30" Monitor
xFi Titanium HD sound
Corsair Force 250Gb SSD
Corsair RM850w PSU
W7-64
INTJ
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
Originally Posted By: WernerVoss
They banned him.


Oh, the drama.


My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,737
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,737
Originally Posted By: WernerVoss
Originally Posted By: anon

Top dollar? LMAO.

They were fully aware of the state it was in before buying and if they weren't then they didn't do any research before buying, who buys a game these days without checking out any feedback at all? Nobody unless they don't have net access and we all know they do have net access.


I did do research, I read what the devs and Ubi said about it. Unfortunately they ...I mean I misunderstood them. When they said loads of good stuff about it I misunderstood them to mean the game was a functional and viable piece of software. They did say the Russian release was performing poorly because of a last-minute implementation of the Epilepsy Filter but then Ubi announced it would be removable from the western version and I thought we were back on track again. Unfortunately...yes, mea culpa...I misunderstood the devs again and thought that when they said the Epilipsy Filter was responsible for poor performance it meant the game would run fine with the filter removed.

I misunderstood a whole bunch of other stuff too apparently. I guess I'm really really thick, because my most fundamental misunderstanding appears to have been to expect a working product at all for my money. But then we're back to the doing research bit, because nobody should take it on trust these days that ones money gets one what one should feel entitled to get for it (a working product). But I was too thick to understand the fruits of my research. I thought lots of good things stated meant lots of good things would be present. I didn't know the advert on Ubi's site, all that razzle dazzle footage and stuff, actually meant "Broken Alpha Code". Silly me. I didn't realise it was an invitation to be a paying tester.

I suppose I should have posted direct questions on the devs' own forums, because they would have done their best to give me the info I needed to make an informed decision about splashing my cash. Oh, hang on, some people did. A fellow called Tree, amongst others. He asked lots of very pertinant questions...you know, in the interests of that research you mentioned people should do before buying stuff.

They banned him.



I think a lot of people bought the game after reading things like this:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3274469/Wow.html

I set the time to 18:00hrs in one of my FMB missions, the view was breath-taking. After slaughtering some Wellies I crash-landed my 110 in a poppy-filled field, near some houses, and sat for five minutes in an almost zen-like state of relaxation. The only thing missing was the sound of the breeze that was stirring the trees. A bit of rain...ah, if only. I'd pay money for a bit of rain. The terrain is absolute art, it truly is. You just have to get to see it at it's best, maxed out and at the right times of day.

This was a few weeks after it was released. A company couldn't buy good publicity like that. Who was that masked man?

A
anon
Unregistered
anon
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted By: WernerVoss
Originally Posted By: anon

Top dollar? LMAO.

They were fully aware of the state it was in before buying and if they weren't then they didn't do any research before buying, who buys a game these days without checking out any feedback at all? Nobody unless they don't have net access and we all know they do have net access.


I did do research, I read what the devs and Ubi said about it. Unfortunately they ...I mean I misunderstood them. When they said loads of good stuff about it I misunderstood them to mean the game was a functional and viable piece of software. They did say the Russian release was performing poorly because of a last-minute implementation of the Epilepsy Filter but then Ubi announced it would be removable from the western version and I thought we were back on track again. Unfortunately...yes, mea culpa...I misunderstood the devs again and thought that when they said the Epilipsy Filter was responsible for poor performance it meant the game would run fine with the filter removed.

I misunderstood a whole bunch of other stuff too apparently. I guess I'm really really thick, because my most fundamental misunderstanding appears to have been to expect a working product at all for my money. But then we're back to the doing research bit, because nobody should take it on trust these days that ones money gets one what one should feel entitled to get for it (a working product). But I was too thick to understand the fruits of my research. I thought lots of good things stated meant lots of good things would be present. I didn't know the advert on Ubi's site, all that razzle dazzle footage and stuff, actually meant "Broken Alpha Code". Silly me. I didn't realise it was an invitation to be a paying tester.

I suppose I should have posted direct questions on the devs' own forums, because they would have done their best to give me the info I needed to make an informed decision about splashing my cash. Oh, hang on, some people did. A fellow called Tree, amongst others. He asked lots of very pertinant questions...you know, in the interests of that research you mentioned people should do before buying stuff.

They banned him.



Who made the choice to buy it? you did, you could have waited a week or two. Sorry you can call the devs and publishers out all you like but it doesn't in any way remove the basic fact that it was your choice to purchase a product with known issues, your choice and your choice alone.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
"Problem occurred in connection"
by F4UDash4 - 09/14/26 01:41 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,069,826 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1