|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,939
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,939 |
Currently, Im using my MFFB2 joystick and have been for years. I still love it and the Force feed effects in ROF are amazing. Im thinking of getting rudder pedals also, instead of using the twist thing on the joystick. Can anyone recomend a good set? The saitek looks nice. CH pedals look very close together and somewhat cheap, but Im only going by pictures, I havent used any of them. Also, how is the logitch G940? Ive read a lot of problems with it, but I like the idea of mounting them on either side of the keyboard and it already comes with pedals.
Any advice is appreciated.
Rob
Intel Core i7-3770K GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) MSI GTX 960 GTX 4GB
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 66
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 66 |
The Saitek pedals are good. Nice and far apart. I wouldn't suggest their throttle quadrant, because for many people it starts spiking pretty quickly (including me and some of my squadmates), but the pedals are fine indeed. Stick with your MFFB2. It's the best stick there is for Rise of Flight, no exceptions. Also, if I were you, I'd keep it nicely in front of you rather than to the side. A Sopwith Camel is not an F16. Control these planes from their centre of inertia (am I saying that right?) and you will feel a lot more connected to the plane. To answer your question in short: Rudder pedals.
Last edited by Jorri; 04/13/11 05:31 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6,623
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6,623 |
Another satisfied MSFF2 and Saitek pedals user. I also have an X45 that I use just for the throttle part. The X45 stick is ropey but the throttle lever is a thing of great beauty imo 
WAS C2D 8500 3.16ghz, 285gtx 1gb, 4gig ram, XP NOW Win7 64, I5 2500K, SSD, 8Gig ram, GTX 570
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,939
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,939 |
Thanks for the Info. Ill keep my MFFB2 and just get the saitek Pedals. My birthday is coming up, so Ill let my wife know what I want. 
Intel Core i7-3770K GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) MSI GTX 960 GTX 4GB
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234 |
The CH pedals are definitely NOT cheaply-built.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 426
The Grim Squeaker Member
|
|
The Grim Squeaker Member
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 426 |
SimPeds are another high quality alternative. I use them in combination with a CH Fighterstick and am very satisfied. I have the SIMPED-vario/proUSB specifically as I don't need the toe brakes.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 167
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 167 |
Another satisfied MSFF2 and Saitek pedals user.
And another here too.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 37
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 37 |
The CH pedals are definitely NOT cheaply-built. +1 I love my CH Pedals. Very nicely made and work great. The spacing between the pedals is just fine for me, as well as some others I know. I would whole heartedly recommend them to anyone who was looking.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,260
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,260 |
SimPeds are another high quality alternative. I use them in combination with a CH Fighterstick and am very satisfied. I have the SIMPED-vario/proUSB specifically as I don't need the toe brakes. Same setup here, the Simpeds are great, makes getting your sight on target a lot easier when the rudder pedals are this accurate.
III/JG11_Tiger
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 36
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 36 |
I just started using my old MS SW FFB2 with my G940 pedals and throttle.
I like the G940 set. Got it over a year ago to replace my SW FFB2 when it was acting up. I immediately thought the G940 improved my flying mostly because of the pedals and throttle and so many more buttons.
Last week I got out the old SW and hooked it up because I'd read about lengthening the handle for smoother control. It didn't act broken any more so I started setting it up. Had to save a MSSWFFB2.MAP file because it took the 0 position in the device order. Meant resetting a lot of buttons and axes, have only done the main ones so far. Still playing with adjusting the forces to taste.
Bottom Line - I already think the SW joystick makes my flying smoother and livelier than ever in combo with the G940 pedals and throttle.
P.S. For emersion I also have my Logitec X-540 sub-woofer bungeed to the bottom of my chair seat which IMHO is where you should feel most of the rumble of the engine and the vibration of the guns.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 157
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 157 |
SAITEK SAITEK SAITEK Why? Simply because they are overall the best, not to expensive like the Simpeds, no to small movement range like the G940 or CH pedals, can be adjusted so even when they get less and less resistance over the years you simply adjust them up and have them as strong as before.
"Das Fliegen ist das Leben wert!"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,216
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,216 |
I have CH Pedals. Too close together. Logitech are also too close together. Simped and Saitek make pedals of the proper distance apart for a fighter. Not sure which is better in other areas, as I've never used them. I'm hoping to buy Simpeds someday; many of the best sim pilots use and love them.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,708
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,708 |
CH pedals work very nicely.
Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people. Carl Sagan
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 792
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 792 |
Definatly get rudder pedals, I used a homemade set for years, they. They worked very well but I had an urge for something new and so purchased the Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals...WOW, these things are nice. Very precise, comfortably wide spaced and the fighter type layout is much better than having your foot trapped in the traditional foot rests.
I have never had CH or any other commercial rudder pedals, but I really like the Saitek Combat pedals and so can recommend them.
Edit: By the way; Happy Birthday!!
Last edited by PropNut; 04/17/11 02:19 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 167
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 167 |
I got a set of Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals last weekend and really like them. The pedals are metal and very solid.
Last edited by Queeg; 04/17/11 02:25 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 711
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 711 |
I use G940 rudder pedals but I find the self centering too positive. For fine control I fly without shoes and with the resistance at minimum. However that first movement from the centre is often a slight jerk.
Do not be led into temptation. Find it for yourself
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 36
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 36 |
I also go shoeless with my G940 pedals. I feel like I get at least the illusion of finer control partly from being able to comfortably place my feet at the far outside edges of the pedals and getting an effective distance from the center of one heel to the other of 11.5 inches (29.2 cm). But, really it just feels like a better grip curling a toe or 2 over the edge. It certainly helps with my immersion in the feeling of flying that I get in this sim. Way better than the old twist grip rudder.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,363
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,363 |
Now imagine you had to control the pedals wearing heavy wool lined boots and with legs that are numb...
Undercarriage lever a bit sticky was it, Sir?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 36
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 36 |
Off the subject of pedals, but in the winter it is cold in my basement where my gaming computer is. I haven't added fans for wind effect yet though.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 66
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 66 |
Same here, no shoes on the G940 pedals. It seems to be the idea behind them, though, with that bump in front of your heel...
They're also a bit wobbly. Nope, don't really fancy them at all.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|