Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » Are you ready for some baseball?
Page 22 of 76 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 75 76 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2234968 - 06/14/07 01:51 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
MrDalgof Offline

Loc: Colorado USA
Sure I'm glad the Rockies won last night (missed the game though), but I'm not liking the directions teams are moving over there in the ALE. Yanks will be here next week for more interleague high jinx. Maybe we can even things out a bit. \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2234985 - 06/14/07 02:02 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: MrDalgof]
Leeman Offline

Loc: New England
The Sox June Swoon is right on schedule.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2234989 - 06/14/07 02:06 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Leeman]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: Leeman

LOL! They're actually not playing that bad but compared to the way the Yankees are playing now, it certainly seems that way.

I say BRING IT ON!!!

Top Bookmark and Share
#2235002 - 06/14/07 02:18 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: MrDalgof]
MrDalgof Offline

Top Bookmark and Share
#2235753 - 06/15/07 01:47 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: MrDalgof]
PHilA Offline

Loc: Steinbrenners' Gulag
Well, so much for the 14.5 game lead. Drew, Lugo and Crisp are killing them and in that order. How can they leave men on base against Jorge Julio? This team right now would have trouble scoring with bases loaded and no outs. In that situation all they would likely come away with is one run on a sac fly.

Yanks in 1st place by the Allstar break. It reminds me of the old Rocky and Bullwinkle exchange:

"Hey Red Sox, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!"
"Again?"
"Nothin up my sleep...Presto!"
"AHHHHHHH!"

Top Bookmark and Share
#2235756 - 06/15/07 01:54 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PHilA]
PHilA Offline

Also, Mr.Dalgof, who is that impersonating Kaz Matsui? I refuse to believe this is the same guy who played with the Mets who is now batting .325.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2235759 - 06/15/07 01:56 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
Leeman Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer

LOL! They're actually not playing that bad but compared to the way the Yankees are playing now, it certainly seems that way.

I say BRING IT ON!!!

Actually, they ARE playing that bad right now. They suck. They're offense is abysmal. They can't even hit Rockies pitching. They have three guys right now who are on their way to career-worst seasons (Drew, Lugo and Crisp).

I don't see any way in hell they hang on and win the Division. They've given back 7 games in two weeks.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2235760 - 06/15/07 02:01 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Top Gun]
PHilA Offline

Originally Posted By: Top Gun

And to think Roger went to the Yanks because he said it was his best chance to win a World Series

Just sayin...

Edited by PHilA (06/15/07 02:01 PM)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2235763 - 06/15/07 02:05 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Leeman]
PHilA Offline

Actually, they ARE playing that bad right now. They suck. They're offense is abysmal. They can't even hit Rockies pitching. They have three guys right now who are on their way to career-worst seasons (Drew, Lugo and Crisp).

I don't see any way in hell they hang on and win the Division. They've given back 7 games in two weeks.

Indeed. They had 10 hits last night and one run to show for it. Nearly every rally snuffed out by the troika (Drew/Lugo/Crisp). Drew: 0 for 5! And extra base hits are few and far between and with little pop from Manny and Ortiz. If this continues, FADE city.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2235883 - 06/15/07 04:54 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PHilA]
MrDalgof Offline

Originally Posted By: PHilA
Also, Mr.Dalgof, who is that impersonating Kaz Matsui? I refuse to believe this is the same guy who played with the Mets who is now batting .325.

Don't know, but however he's doing it now, he sure has gotten his game together. And all around play too - clutch hitting, fielding, base running. All around consistency throughout a lot of the lineup has improved in the last month. Both starting and relief pitchers have been lowering their eras during this time too.

Let's see if they can keep their focus with Tampa here for the next series and then the Yankees. It's just good to see them at .500 (for a day at least.)

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 22 of 76 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 75 76 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.