Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » Are you ready for some baseball?
Page 21 of 76 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 75 76 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2230539 - 06/08/07 12:57 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Top Gun]
PHilA Offline

Loc: Steinbrenners' Gulag
Originally Posted By: Top Gun
what a pisser for Shilling, 1 out away from a no hitter \:\(

I jinxed it. I went to ESPN's game zone to check the game for the first time. Saw the sox leading 1-0 in the 9th with 2 outs and the line score and then said to myself "My god, he's pitching a no hitter". Then I got the prompt "THE INCOMING PITCH HAS BEEN HIT INTO PLAY!" and the little blue ball goes into the outfield...

Top Bookmark and Share
#2230548 - 06/08/07 01:05 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
Good thing Ortiz hit that homerun.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2231110 - 06/09/07 01:34 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
Top Gun Offline
Lifer

Loc: Roch-Vegas NH
Boy, are the Boston fans killing Coco Crisp, JD Drew and Lugo. For all the money they are paying them and not one of them is worth it. The only highlight is they are still paying the Yukelis(sp) nothing and look how he's been this year.

WEEI was saying today they should go to Shilling and say they were wrong about his pitching and try to offer him some deal for 2-3 years. Wonder if he'll take it or not.
Sigma 50-500 & 17-50 F2.8

Top Bookmark and Share
#2231118 - 06/09/07 01:58 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Top Gun]
LeemzHQ Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Schilling will test the open market. I have no doubt. I also have no doubt that he'll pitch elsewhere next year. But, I don't necessarily blame the Sox for the stance they took with him. He did not pitch well in the 2nd half of last season.

However, they really screwed the pooch with JD Drew. This guy sucks. I mean, I don't miss Nixon (they should have unloaded him years ago) but they WAY overpaid for Drew and he's not producing at all. You know you suck when you get pulled to have Varitek hit for you, as happened the other night.

They really need another bat in this lineup but I don't know where they're going to get it.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2231965 - 06/10/07 03:07 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Good thing the Red Sox have decided to get back in gear and start winning again cause those pesky Yanks have now won 5 in a row.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2232552 - 06/11/07 01:11 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: LeemzHQ]
PHilA Offline

Loc: Steinbrenners' Gulag
Originally Posted By: LeemzHQ
Schilling will test the open market. I have no doubt. I also have no doubt that he'll pitch elsewhere next year. But, I don't necessarily blame the Sox for the stance they took with him. He did not pitch well in the 2nd half of last season.

However, they really screwed the pooch with JD Drew. This guy sucks. I mean, I don't miss Nixon (they should have unloaded him years ago) but they WAY overpaid for Drew and he's not producing at all. You know you suck when you get pulled to have Varitek hit for you, as happened the other night.

They really need another bat in this lineup but I don't know where they're going to get it.

Drew redeemed himself somewhat over the weekend, maybe it will continue. But Lugo and Crisp are like black holes. I love these guys when the get on base with their speed. The problem is they never seem to get on base! Where is the Julio Lugo who always murdering us when he was the Devil Rays? And Crisp doesn't seem to have any plan at the plate. I've seen him lay down a bunt on a 3-1 count (only to ground out) and also swing and line out on the first pitch with bases loaded and one out.

Yankees 5 back by the end of next week?

Top Bookmark and Share
#2233709 - 06/12/07 09:20 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PHilA]
MrDalgof Offline

Loc: Colorado USA
Heads up there, Boston. Rockies have been playing pretty well for the last few weeks. \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share

#2233874 - 06/13/07 02:42 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: MrDalgof]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Originally Posted By: MrDalgof
Heads up there, Boston. Rockies have been playing pretty well for the last few weeks. \:\)

Good game tonight. Red Sox win a close one, 2-1.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2233889 - 06/13/07 03:10 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
MrDalgof Offline

Loc: Colorado USA
It was. That was one of those games where neither pitcher deserved a loss. But Wakefield was just unhittable and so earns the win.

I hope the series continues to be as good.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2234099 - 06/13/07 11:56 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Damn, looks like the Joe Torre pep talks have been working lately. 7 wins in a row now.

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 21 of 76 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 75 76 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.