Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » Are you ready for some baseball?
Page 24 of 76 < 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 75 76 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2244195 - 06/25/07 05:08 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: MrDalgof]
MrDalgof Offline

Loc: Colorado USA
Originally Posted By: MrDalgof

But back here on Earth, I'm just enjoying it while I can. \:D

I'll just quote myself here consoled in that I at least kept the the Rockies' streak in perspective. \:\(

Man, did things go to hell in Toronto...

Top Bookmark and Share
#2249317 - 07/02/07 01:12 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: MrDalgof]
PHilA Offline

Loc: Steinbrenners' Gulag
If the rest of AL East wasn't so pathetic the Red Sox would be fading right now. Can't anyone get a base hit with RISP? They started to die last year at about the all-star break as well and with engine of the offense slumping badly (Manny & Ortiz), this team is vulnerable for a second half collapse. The Yankees have lost 7 or their last 8 games and have not really lost any ground in the standings (and for god sakes Brian Cashman, just DFA Scott Proctor--what are you waiting for?). And Toronto hasn't been consistent and is still bitten by injuries. The AL East race should be alot closer than this. If the sox offense doesn't get going, it will probably wear out the pitching.

I'm going to the game on thursday against Tampa Bay (PM, your favorite team). I have no doubt Boston will struggle, especially if facing Casey Fossum ( ) or Scott Kazmir (both lefties). \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share

#2249348 - 07/02/07 02:00 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PHilA]
Leeman Offline

Loc: New England
Right now the Sox look like about the worst first-place team in the Majors. Their offense sucks. They were 13-16 in the month of June and scored 3 runs or LESS a total of 12 times in that span.

Pitching or not, they need a BAT at the trade deadline. Either that or Manny and Ortiz better both get really hot. Ortiz is starting to look like Veritek in the clutch (ie, not clutch at all). He's stranding runners left and right. And don't even get me started on Lugo. What a disASSter.

They may well hold on and win the division but, if their offense doesn't improve they'll get bounced in the first round of the playoffs. Right now, I simply can't pick them to beat any of the other potential playoff teams.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2249358 - 07/02/07 02:17 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Leeman]
PHilA Offline

I think Ortiz might be nursing a bum hamstring which has affected his power. Even if healthy though, everyone knows how to pitch to and around him. Plus with Manny basically being a .250 hitter, they can afford to throw nothing but junk at him. Manny on the other hand? I don't know. But maybe this is the year they trade him? But for who and what?

Top Bookmark and Share
#2251131 - 07/04/07 03:22 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
Barry Bonds is now only 4 HR's away from tying Hank Aarons record.

Hey, the Sox have now won 2 in a row and the Yankees have not been playing well at all either so I'm not too worried.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2261925 - 07/18/07 01:22 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
PHilA Offline

8 and counting...down.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2262318 - 07/18/07 10:33 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

The BoSox have been playing very lackluster for the past few weeks. They better put it together and fast.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2262328 - 07/18/07 10:40 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
Airdrop01 Offline

Loc: Lenexa, Kansas, USA
Can I ask the Sox fans: What is your connection to Boston? Seriously, the number of people I meet professing to be Red Sox fans is bordering on ludicrous.

BTW: Billy Butler, Alex Gordon FTW!

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Ditat Deus.

http://www.mattlammers.com

Top Bookmark and Share
#2262354 - 07/18/07 11:13 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Airdrop01]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Originally Posted By: Airdrop01
Can I ask the Sox fans: What is your connection to Boston? Seriously, the number of people I meet professing to be Red Sox fans is bordering on ludicrous.

There are certainly tons of bandwagon fans since the Sox won the World Series in 2004 but I'm not one of them. I've been a Red Sox fan since 1979 when I first discovered Carl Yastrzemski. He's always been my favorite baseball player and that's why I became a Red Sox fan. Florida also did not have a baseball team at that time so rooting for the hometeam was not an option.

Edited by PanzerMeyer (07/18/07 11:14 PM)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2262395 - 07/19/07 12:11 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
MrDalgof Offline

Loc: Colorado USA
I grew up in Florida too. I used to follow Baltimore and Boston back then and still remember watching Yastrzemski hitting on my high baseball field - what had become Toronto's Spring training field in Dunedin. I used to help park cars to get into the games. My friends and I used to hop the fence with our gear and a bag of baseballs to use the batting cage. The Jays were cool about it and never got pissed. They just asked us to be out of their way when they came out to practice. Those were the days...

But if you want to see wannabe fans, Airdrop, go to a Yankees road game. \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 24 of 76 < 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 75 76 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.