Forum Archives » Complete » EAW » CTD Poland 39
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2252284 - 07/06/07 04:16 AM CTD Poland 39
iron mike Offline

Loc: Maryland, USA
Hi, I've taken a small break from SAW to load the Poland 1939 campaign. I'm using V 1.3 from Sandbaggers Front lines. I'm using the EAW12a.exe, Direct X 9.0c, and good nvidia drivers. I can fly single missions or as a Pole but, if I select German the program CTDs and gives a ddhelp error. I know that ddhelp is from direct X but EAW hasn't crashed in any other campaign but this one. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2252320 - 07/06/07 06:38 AM Re: CTD Poland 39 [Re: iron mike]
Baron Von Martin Offline

Loc: Peenemuende, MB.
Hello,

It looks like the Germans are not accepting you because you chose to fly for the enemy first!

LOL.

But seriously, I have flown the Original Poland Campaign and never had a CTD.

This maybe has someting to do with the upadtes one from Frontlines?

I think Dom had POland on his sight, as it was many years ago since I D/L it.

S!

Top Bookmark and Share

#2252381 - 07/06/07 10:04 AM Re: CTD Poland 39 [Re: Baron Von Martin]
Pobs Offline

Loc: North Wales, UK
Hi Mike,

ahhh the old ddhelp error ... I have had a problem with ddhelp since getting rid of my old voodoo card... what OS are you using ?.... what vid card.... which version of directX ?... I found that it was a problem between directX and my invidia drivers under win98 that caused my ddhelp problems... but then if you only get it in the one set-up it is probably a corrupt file in the game.. have you tried running filemon when starting the offending career and seeing from the log which file is failing to be found or at least which files were active when the ctd occurs ? ... that often helps I find...

you can get filemon here :

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/filemon.html

cheers,

Pobs

Top Bookmark and Share
#2252396 - 07/06/07 11:05 AM Re: CTD Poland 39 [Re: Pobs]
Rotton50 Offline

Loc: Cape Charles, Virginia, USA
Mike,

Does the CTD happen with every German aircraft? There may be a corrupt 3dz file for one or more of the German planes.

You could try deleting all the German aircraft .3dz files in the folder and try running the game. You'll see all the EAW default German planes if the game runs because it will pick them out of the .CDF files.

With all the experimenting I do on 3dz files, occasionally I'll get a lockup that can only be fixed by a hard re-boot. And after the re-boot the display has self re-set to 640 X 400 and 256 colors!

Top Bookmark and Share
#2252425 - 07/06/07 12:19 PM Re: CTD Poland 39 [Re: Rotton50]
MrJelly Offline

Loc: Adelaide, South Australia
From distant memory I seem to recall that there is a CDT associated with a German career that is based on your rank. I think Knegel knows more about it- it is very strange.

;\) Jel

It's great to be of an age at which I do not have to suffer fools gladly \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2252638 - 07/06/07 06:38 PM Re: CTD Poland 39 [Re: MrJelly]
iron mike Offline

BvM, I've found and downloaded the 1.2 version, just haven't tried to run it. I thought I'd try to get 1.3 running properly. And, I'm a little jinxed with ECA and control panel, but, if I must I'll use it. Actually I got Dunkirk to work so this should work too.

Pobs, A P-III 700mhz, Win 98SE, and Nvidia MX 420 (64Mb with a 50.xx driver, the latest one I've found that works with that board), DX 9.0 developers version (it didn't matter I used 8.1 and it still CTD). I've got a download of file monitor but don't know how to use it. I tried when I first attempted to run EAW with my XP machine but threw my hands up in dispair.

Ray, CTDs when I select a German campaign, the individual missions seem to work fine. I set up a Do-17 and outran the Polish fighters sent to intercept.

Mr. Jel, I can't even get the German campaign to start, a Polish one starts fine. I click on German and WHAM. blue screen of death. I think it may be a problem with the '40 German campaign dat file. I haven't restored the original one yet.

Wow, that's all folks.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2252668 - 07/06/07 07:57 PM Re: CTD Poland 39 [Re: iron mike]
Rotton50 Offline

Mike,

Similar rig to mine. Right down to the video driver set. \:\)

I'll download it and try to repeat your problem.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2252746 - 07/06/07 10:07 PM Re: CTD Poland 39 [Re: Rotton50]
MrJelly Offline

Loc: Adelaide, South Australia
It is still a long shot, bu your rank can be set here in the eaw.ini

[EAW]
ExtraSquads=0
PlayIntro=0
PlayerPlane=22
PlayerNation=0
LastCampaign=3
PlayerPilotName=MrJelly
PlayerRank=3 <==============================try different numbers here
GameName=Jel's game

;\) Jel

It's great to be of an age at which I do not have to suffer fools gladly \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2252807 - 07/06/07 11:41 PM Re: CTD Poland 39 [Re: MrJelly]
iron mike Offline

Thanks Mr. J, I have to wait until I get home but, that is the 1st thing I'll try. If that doesn't work I may try changing the campge40.dat file to the one from veraion 1.2. I'm sure that the fix is simple, it is just the process to discover that simple fix is not.
P.S. I've downloaded the new file manager but haven't tried it yet. First thing is to resolve the Polish question, anything else is too ADD.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2252865 - 07/07/07 01:35 AM Re: CTD Poland 39 [Re: iron mike]
Rotton50 Offline

Mike,

I set up the Poland campaign but I couldn't even get a Polish campaign to run.

I did get as far as the cockpit of the Polish planes but the view outside was a mess and when I started my engine the other planes on the field blew up.

On the German side I got CTD's as soon as I clicked on the German campaign icon, I never got to the plane selection screen. I did not get any error messages, however.

Something is major league wrong in the campaign.

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.