Forum Archives » Complete » IL-2 Sturmovik » Update: Hyperlobby for IL2 retail version
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#935131 - 12/06/01 10:07 AM Update: Hyperlobby for IL2 retail version
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can happily confirm that Hyperlobby for the full version of IL-2 is undergoing testing and should be ready for public download before this weekend.

The new version also supports joining dogfight games in progress as well as locating your il2.exe file automatically on installation. This is done in one of 2 ways. Using the 'Dogfight In Progress' slots on the far left or by clicking on a game host (marked by an H) from the 'In Flight' display and selecting "Join this session". There is also an option to view the pilots within the game by clicking on the host and selecting "View Game Informations" - this information is displayed by way of a pager message listing the pilots within that game.

It works extremely well and Jiri (Hyper) has done an excellent job once again. We have to run some more testing, but expect a public version to be released soon. Below is a screenshot of the updated interface.

Mapo.

Top Bookmark and Share
#935132 - 12/06/01 10:10 AM Re: Update: Hyperlobby for IL2 retail version
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great work Mapo!

Looking very good indeed.

S!app

------------------
"Never judge a sausage by it's skin"

Top Bookmark and Share

#935133 - 12/06/01 10:22 AM Re: Update: Hyperlobby for IL2 retail version
Lex Offline

Loc: Falkirk,Scotland,Blighty
Vinny - thank you very much for supplies 'air-dropped' earlier.I plopped it in an hour before the WTC attack,got my phone chopped for a couple of weeks right after and,well,anyway thank you very much pal!
The good news is that I may very well be getting a GF2 GTS and a 1 Gig P3 with board as an immenent upgrade from a good mate who has splashed out on a GF3 500ti and mega Athlonxp type thingo.Oh I've upgraded to windows xp 'super-expensive edition' too!
Now,if I can swing the game on Saturday mmmm....I must admit the Moscow $3 'special' would do me fine!! Hope to see you online in the near future.

Lex Morton

PS Vinny the offer is still there if you fancy a couple of VCD films.S!
PPS Hyperlobby is GREAT!!

L3K5 P0IiTiKaL KoMMi5AR

'One relieved itself on my head as I ate fish and chips whilst with my girlfriend on a day out, visiting the beautiful north-east coastline. I had no intention of giving a pesky gull any of my delicious chips. I suspect the gull sensed this and reacted accordingly.'

[This message has been edited by Lex (edited 12-06-2001).]

Top Bookmark and Share
#935134 - 12/06/01 10:29 AM Re: Update: Hyperlobby for IL2 retail version
Dietger Offline

Loc: Konstanz Deutschland
Looking good!

Top Bookmark and Share
#935135 - 12/06/01 11:22 AM Re: Update: Hyperlobby for IL2 retail version
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Mapo - great stuff mate!

You and Hyper are on my Christmas card list (what anthrax?)

Ming

Top Bookmark and Share
#935136 - 12/06/01 07:31 PM Re: Update: Hyperlobby for IL2 retail version
Anonymous
Unregistered

Couple mode days and Ubi.crap goes bye-bye!! Great news!!

Top Bookmark and Share
#935137 - 12/06/01 08:54 PM Re: Update: Hyperlobby for IL2 retail version
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hooray, ubi and GameSpy Arcade both have too many downsides. Oh yeah also hyperlobby is a great program.

Hopefully word of mouth gets around quickly to new players that HyperLobby is the best option for IL-2 multi.

Top Bookmark and Share

#935138 - 12/06/01 10:17 PM Re: Update: Hyperlobby for IL2 retail version
oxspring 123 SQDN Offline

Loc: Nottingham England
bloody good show!!!
oxo

Top Bookmark and Share
#935139 - 12/06/01 10:21 PM Re: Update: Hyperlobby for IL2 retail version
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK, how does this thing work? I'm a point-and-click kind of guy, when I look for a game online I want it to be like way back with Quake 3 Arena Test on Gamespy, double click and you're in a game. Is this thing that simple?

I put in Gamespy Arcade, but actually I just removed it a moment ago because I flat-out don't like it...

Top Bookmark and Share
#935140 - 12/06/01 10:35 PM Re: Update: Hyperlobby for IL2 retail version
Flyfinn Offline

Loc: Hot Sauna...
TERVE

Hi....Mapo? does the hyperlobby for final version work with the patch 1.02b???????

------------------
Aiming on UUU pilots...
Flyfinn

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.