Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » Talladega
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2503866 - 04/28/08 05:45 PM Talladega
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
Did anyone watch the Nascar Talladega race yesterday? So the "big one" decides to hold off until the very last lap of the race? Sheesh. I cant believe how many drivers got screwed by that accident.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2503873 - 04/28/08 05:59 PM Re: Talladega [Re: PanzerMeyer]
Razorback Offline
Lifer

Loc: Member # 118
It was an exciting race. Though, all the big accidents this weekend, including the Nationwide race, could have been avoided if someone used their head a little.

The Kevin LePage accident in the Nationwide race was one of the dumbest things I have ever seen someone do. And the Franchitti accident... what the hell was the other driver thinking? He had 8 seconds to listen to his spotter and at least two seconds to do anything but slam right into Franchitti, fracturing his ankle. The last stock car death happened a very similar way, when a driver had all the time in the world to see the other car spun out... and t-boned him anyway, killing the other driver.

Junior got really lucky in his accident, helped by Labonte running into him. Though, it knocked him out of contention (somehow he went from 28th to 10th in one lap, though).
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws... encourage... homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."-Jefferson

Top Bookmark and Share

#2503877 - 04/28/08 06:02 PM Re: Talladega [Re: Razorback]
Razorback Offline
Lifer

Loc: Member # 118
Here is the LePage accident. It starts around the one minute mark, though you don't see what happens until they replay it from different angles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVEDkDSBskU
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws... encourage... homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."-Jefferson

Top Bookmark and Share
#2504168 - 04/29/08 01:52 AM Re: Talladega [Re: Razorback]
vocatx Offline

Loc: Voca, Texas
Those guys tried to wreck each other lap after lap. There were quite a few really close calls. That move Kyle Busch pulled when he jumped out of line was a very close call.

On another note, I am still pleasantly surprised at how the new car is coming along. It still has it's shortcomings, but it is my personal opinion that we are seeing some better races over all than in the last few seasons. These 'dirty' cars (aerodynamically speaking) makes the races reminiscent of the 80s and early 90s. Once they get the wrinkles worked out I think this will lead to better and more exciting racing.

System Specs:
MSI P35 Neo2
Intel Q6700 @2.67
2x1 gig Crucial 1066 RAM
250 Gb Western Digital
320 Gb Seagate
Audigy 4 sound card
Radeon X1950XTX graphics
OCZ 550 Power Stream power supply
Thermaltake Tsunami Dream tower

Top Bookmark and Share
#2504182 - 04/29/08 02:34 AM Re: Talladega [Re: vocatx]
249th_Jeevz Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Kevin LePage should have his racing license revoked until he finishes at least 10 races in a lower series. That was one of the most idiotic moves I've ever seen on a race track.

XBL/PSN: Jeevz74
Flak Monkey

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.