I was listening to a radio show the other day and they were talking about Ww2.

I'll try to repeat the outlines of what they said.

During WW2 the germans used morse code much like the allies, britan had many outposts (I expect on the coast), to listen in on the germans, they were staffed by a lot of women.

Well the germans at this time were using a strong code so no body could tell the bulk of the message. But during the start of the conversation, there would be small talk, hay how is it were you are, what did you do here or hows this ..

Well what was found was that the women were able to bond to these conversations and give strong indentifactions of these people, two things came into play, the very slight difference's in morse keying and also (I expect) feel, first impression?

So what would happen is they would trianglate and say ok this station ham operator and battle group has moved to here from here, why have they done that.

It would be a source of information outside of the expected, the germans never saw this.

I guess what they should have done is create a zero preamble conversation coupled with some form of random/set order transmission, say type a 500 word message into some type of storage and then have it sent at just below the standard keys a min or some thing.

Happy interesting week to ever body!

Bud

Edited by buddha01 (04/28/08 08:35 AM)