Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » Are you ready for some baseball?
Page 75 of 76 < 1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2400280 - 12/13/07 05:49 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Leeman]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
 Originally Posted By: Leeman
Veritek and Clemens and Petitte named so far. Yikes!

I bet Coco Crisp wont be mentioned.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2400317 - 12/13/07 06:35 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
PHilA Offline

Loc: Steinbrenners' Gulag
It's been discredited, but I offer "MSNB's premature list" as an appetizer:

[List deleted by Forsquirrels since it appears to be really inaccurate].

If accurate, none of these names really surprises me. The list seems proof that the stuff doesn't necessarily work for everyone.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2400327 - 12/13/07 06:49 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PHilA]
MrDalgof Offline

Loc: Colorado USA
I guess we're only minutes away from finding out, but I wonder how much detail there'll be in spelling out where the accusations come from.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2400385 - 12/13/07 07:43 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: MrDalgof]
PHilA Offline

Loc: Steinbrenners' Gulag
I've looked at the report; you can read it on line. In many instances, they have a copy of the player's check or money order. There's alot about Clemens. I didn't see anything about Varitek, Damon, Nixon et. al. Most of it seems to be a recapitulation of what is basically already known as well as the details of those who cooperated. Some interesting names I didn't really expect to see: Chuck Knoblach, Ron Villone, and Kevin Brown. But I am not really surprised.

It looks like an interesting read. Loved the part about Clemens taking injections in his butt. ROCKET MAN!

Top Bookmark and Share
#2400422 - 12/13/07 08:27 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PHilA]
Razorback Offline
Lifer

Loc: Member # 118
Looks like Clemens started juicing in Toronto and then continued at some point in 2000. Pettite started somewhere around that point too, apparently to help him heal faster during an injury period. I am reading the report now and there is a lot of information in there... but no shocking names as of yet. Most of this we had already heard.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws... encourage... homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."-Jefferson

Top Bookmark and Share
#2400456 - 12/13/07 08:53 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Razorback]
MrDalgof Offline

Good lord. How stupid do you have to be to buy your fix from your drug dealer using a personal check?

Top Bookmark and Share
#2400506 - 12/13/07 09:49 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: MrDalgof]
PV Offline

Loc: Vermont, USA
This is a very dark day in MLB history. I believe all these players found guilty of using performance enhancing drugs should be banned from baseball and their records stricken from the history books. It is the only way for the sport to regain its integrity.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2400911 - 12/14/07 03:01 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PV]
Leeman Offline

Loc: New England
I'm not shocked by any of the names but, MAN, you've got the most prolific hitter AND, the best pitcher of the modern era BOTH called out as cheaters. Pathetic.

Let the records stand, I suppose, but I don't think either should be eligible for the Hall of Fame.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2400950 - 12/14/07 03:44 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Leeman]
MrDalgof Offline

I like Mitchell's proposed way to address the issue so long as the Commissioner and Players' Assoc. get serious about policing the game. It would be too destructive to baseball to try to penalize those named for the events investigated in the report. The litigation would go on for years and much of the charges would probably not stand up in court anyway. So keep the cheaters out of the Hall, institute serious testing, and then move on with the warning that from now on the penalties will be severe.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2400967 - 12/14/07 03:56 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: MrDalgof]
PV Offline

Loc: Vermont, USA
What's sad about Clemens is that he was a great young pitcher and really set his most impressive records before he started using these drugs. It's clear that his "natural" career was over after leaving the Red Sox and that the HGH use unnaturally extended his career.

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 75 of 76 < 1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.