Forum Archives » Complete » Third Wire Series (SF) » Wings Over Israel flight model?
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2479934 - 03/27/08 12:16 AM Re: Wings Over Israel flight model? [Re: 531 Ghost]
Hinchinbrooke Offline

Loc: Minnesota
I really shouldn't, but Benny Moore (Hill?), was beginning to sound like our "dear old mate", Stiglr. Should he make reference to a certain cockpit............

Top Bookmark and Share
#2479944 - 03/27/08 12:33 AM Re: Wings Over Israel flight model? [Re: Hinchinbrooke]
Benny Moore Offline

The FW-190? He's right, you know. I'm no Luftwhiner, though.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2479972 - 03/27/08 01:06 AM Re: Wings Over Israel flight model? [Re: Hinchinbrooke]
Boilerplate* Offline

Loc: Virginia, USA
 Originally Posted By: Hinchinbrooke
I really shouldn't, but Benny Moore (Hill?), was beginning to sound like our "dear old mate", Stiglr. Should he make reference to a certain cockpit............

Perhaps. I believe Stiglr had an affinity for the Aces High series as well.

But the delivery method and content of Ben's initial post reminded of this dialog from another forum

http://ww2fighters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2041&view=findpost&p=12537

Top Bookmark and Share
#2480001 - 03/27/08 01:58 AM Re: Wings Over Israel flight model? [Re: Benny Moore]
LeemzHQ Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
 Originally Posted By: Benny Moore
It should be. Stalls are such a basic and critical aspect of flight (especially for aerobatics and high-alpha dogfights, as most dogfights are in simulators) that if you get that wrong, your entire flight model is a pile of crap. A flight simulator that doesn't get the stalls right is like an infantry simulator that doesn't get the ballistics right.

And yet, an infantry simulator that doesn't exactly and precisely calculate the effects of gravity or wind on a given projectile fired over a given distance at the precise ft/sec rate can STILL BE FUN.

An old boss of mine was a Navy fighter pilot in Viet Nam. Me and a friend used to play games like Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe, Battle of Britain, F19, F-117 and Chuck Yeager's Air Combat (among others) on our work PC's during lunch (we even brought in our own joysticks). Our boss, the pilot, would occasionally come and play too. He enjoyed the games and never once complained about how the games didn't accurately model accelerated stalls. He simply thought they were fun.

My advice, unsolicited though it may be, is to save your $30. Doesn't sound like there's any chance at all that you'd enjoy this game.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2480021 - 03/27/08 02:22 AM Re: Wings Over Israel flight model? [Re: LeemzHQ]
PFunk Offline

Loc: N. Central Texas
Don't want to pile on here, but I'd save your money.

You sound bound and determined not to like anything from Third Wire.

pfunk
"Let all that you do be done in love." 1 Cor 16:14 (NAS)

"We have coveted our neigbor's possessions and called it taxes." - Rev. Joe Wright

www.sixmanfootball.com

Top Bookmark and Share
#2480027 - 03/27/08 02:34 AM Re: Wings Over Israel flight model? [Re: PFunk]
531 Ghost Offline

Loc: MCAS Camp Pendleton
Okay, now that we all have had a round

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.