Forum Archives » Complete » Third Wire Series (SF) » IHow to recognize right target?
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2476981 - 03/23/08 10:59 AM IHow to recognize right target?
TBear Offline

I'm quite newbie wit WOI.

I'm flying a campaign with IAI Kfir.

I'm often tasked to fly strategic strike against a specific building, but I'm not able to find the right one when I'm in the target area.

I'm using full realism settings, so hard HUD mode.

Do U have any hints about it?

Thank U in advance

Alex "TBear" Casadio

Top Bookmark and Share
#2477006 - 03/23/08 01:02 PM Re: IHow to recognize right target? [Re: TBear]
MigBuster Offline

Loc: UK
If its a building follow your waypoint to the target - it should be right on the target.

Also if you are near the target select it with E then use F4 to padlock it

Only use the hard HUD if you have a big monitor with a high resolution IMO - if you cant see buildings good luck with the AAA

Top Bookmark and Share

#2477022 - 03/23/08 01:30 PM Re: IHow to recognize right target? [Re: MigBuster]
MoonJumper Offline

Loc: Germany
yep, F4 padlock it, then zoom in to get a close look of it, or use F8 after padlock, another way to get a close look to identify it.
And you can zoom out in F8 to see the targets surroundings, to you can find it again.
When I fly with Hard HUD mode, I padlock the target, then fly so that the target is in front of me. Then I switch to HUD view ( F3 ) which is a cockpit zoom-in, which makes the target much better visible .

Top Bookmark and Share
#2477601 - 03/24/08 08:15 AM Re: IHow to recognize right target? [Re: MoonJumper]
TBear Offline

Thank U very much for advices....It worked fine.

Pity that there is not a "satellite picture of the target" feauture in the breafing phase.

Actually i often have to do a first flight over the target to recognize it then came back for bombing run.....Its not the best thing when AAA are waiting for U..;)

BTW...thanks for advices

Alex

Top Bookmark and Share
#2479566 - 03/26/08 04:27 PM Re: IHow to recognize right target? [Re: TBear]
eonel Offline

Loc: Zurich, Switzerland
I fly with the HUD in normal mode & but use it only to identify difficult targets on the ground.

Then when the HUD is not required I turn it off using the keymapping to turn off HUD. ( Alt-D, but that might be my custom mapping )

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.