Forum Archives » Complete » Third Wire Series (SF) » Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2426319 - 01/19/08 06:47 AM Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update
zerocinco Offline

Loc: Saigon
YAP is putting the finishing touches on the last two sets of missions after way too many delays. These will require every bit of skill you learned in the previous missions to complete. We cannot say for dead certain when they are coming out. They are done. We are awaiting an airplane and a carrier.

Here are a few shots.

These two are from Wild Weasel.

...a completed mission back at Takhli (before our update).

These next are from Mud Movers. (Crab will be disappointed that I shot the picts with shadows off.)

Here is one from Showtime 100...our 4th A2A mission. (Cunningham's loadout updated since picture.)

And these are from Chosen One...our 5th A2A mission. Ritchie's 3rd Mig.

Paula 01 riding in the World's Largest Distributor of MiG parts.

A shot from Northeast Railroad with the Thuds taking the long way around.

Not necessarily a political endorsement. Hanoi Power & Light...John McCain's last mission off the Oriskany.

Thanks for your patience. We promise it will have been worth the wait.

Edited by zerocinco (01/19/08 06:54 AM)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2426435 - 01/19/08 02:55 PM Re: Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update [Re: zerocinco]
531 Ghost Offline

Loc: MCAS Camp Pendleton

Cunningham? That must've been a tough interview ;\)

Top Bookmark and Share

#2426470 - 01/19/08 03:50 PM Re: Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update [Re: 531 Ghost]
zerocinco Offline

Never talked to the man. He's in NC. I am in CA.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2426474 - 01/19/08 03:54 PM Re: Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update [Re: zerocinco]
531 Ghost Offline

05, you do know I was kidding? After all I believe he's (Cunningham) still serving time...

Top Bookmark and Share
#2426484 - 01/19/08 04:02 PM Re: Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update [Re: 531 Ghost]
zerocinco Offline

I know he is. We thought we would separate the actions of a lot of young men that day that culminated in him pulling the trigger from things he did on his own without the support of the US Navy. He was in the right place that day and he is in the right place today, too. The guy has a talent for that, I guess.

There is a twist on the mission since it was told to me a long time ago before the myths started to build. Although A2A missions are nearly impossible to choreograph, our angle is to put the player into the situation and let him deal with the realities as they were explained to me over a half dozen San Miguel beers at Clark AB in the Phillipines the day after.

Myth-busting or not, he pulled off a great feat that day and that moment belongs to him (and a bunch of other guys).

Top Bookmark and Share
#2426523 - 01/19/08 04:53 PM Re: Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update [Re: zerocinco]
531 Ghost Offline

That he does/did. I have this hanging next to my cockpit as I type #567/950. Signed by him and Mark Waki.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2428439 - 01/22/08 06:20 AM Re: Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update [Re: 531 Ghost]
zerocinco Offline

Deck is painted. Diego is doing his usual excellent work. Time to put the little planes and men on deck.

Just in time to launch John McCain on his last combat mission.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2428472 - 01/22/08 07:52 AM Re: Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update [Re: zerocinco]
Corktip 14 Offline

Loc: Belgium
Woohoo!!!!

That was THE thing I most wanted in YAP for some times!

I'm actually using the CVA-41 in a dynamic VFP-63 campaign I've created, but I was very frustrated to have no good SCB-125 for my fighters campaign, thanks a lot!!

*aka Flying-V*

Top Bookmark and Share
#2428482 - 01/22/08 08:49 AM Re: Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update [Re: Corktip 14]
Stratos Offline

Loc: Amposta Spain
Looking good. Hope that YAP moves to Israel once the new game is ready. Tons of missions to tell, hundreds of ground targets can be added...

http://www.sandbaggereaw.com/stratos.html

Top Bookmark and Share
#2429216 - 01/23/08 01:32 AM Re: Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update [Re: Stratos]
zerocinco Offline

I knew one Israeli fighter pilot and one Jordanian fighter pilot. Good stories but not enough to make into a story book of missions. We still have a few tricks up our sleeve in this story line.

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.