Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » Are you ready for some baseball?
Page 70 of 76 < 1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 72 ... 75 76 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2365767 - 10/29/07 01:43 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Razorback]
20mm Offline

Forums Manager
Lifer

Loc: Tucson AZ
 Originally Posted By: Razorback
P.S.

The Red Sox support Bin Laden.

They do?

Why those dirty, those dogs, those...

Oh, you...you...
Forever United States Army Ranger.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2365774 - 10/29/07 01:49 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
Razorback Offline
Lifer

Loc: Member # 118
I am a big Girardi fan, so I will enjoy having him as a manager. He is actually just a young version of Joe Torre... with a slight superiority complex (very slight).

As for A-Rod... see ya. Thanks for the regular season fun but we need pitching more than big hitting. Enjoy the rest of your career. I think only a couple of teams can offer him the 400 million plus that he wants... and I am sure if it is the Red Sox that they could earn the dynasty tag they are prematurely receiving now (you should have to win a few in a row to deserve that one).
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws... encourage... homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."-Jefferson

Top Bookmark and Share

#2365783 - 10/29/07 01:59 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
PHilA Offline

Loc: Steinbrenners' Gulag
 Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
 Originally Posted By: PHilA
the Red Sox bullpen I think was starting to run out of gas.

With the exception of Okajima, the Sox bullpen was still looking quite brilliant through game 4 IMHO.

Take Okijima out of the mix and you have Timlin...DelCarmen...Lopez...all got critical outs, but seldom did they manage to get three consecutive outs in the last 2 games AND they gave up big hits/walks. Oki was basically spent. If Pap didn't shut the door, I think we would be looking at Gagne playing a bigger role in game 5 and beyond. (!) But they did it, so "who cares!" \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2365784 - 10/29/07 01:59 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Razorback]
Leeman Offline

Loc: New England
You don't need to win a "few in a row". But, I don't think that 2 in 3 years qualifies either.

If I'm the Yanks, I tell A-Rod not to let the door hit him in the A$$ on his way out.

If I'm the Sox, I stear clear of A-Rod. They've won without him. TWICE. Why would they spend all that money to obtain him? Doesn't make sense to me.

I'd keep Lowell. Dollar for dollar, he's a better bargain than A-Rod. And a he's a WS MVP. Meanwhile, A-Rod is 0-38 with runners on in the playoffs. And he didn't even drive ONE of them in. Not with a base on balls, not with a fielder's choice, not with a sac fly, not with an error. Nothing. Pathetic. Utterly and truly pathetic. That level of choking can only be matched by the Yankees collapse in the 2004 ALCS.

And you gotta love the Rockies' owner who insists his team is still the better team. I have only one word for him:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Top Bookmark and Share
#2365789 - 10/29/07 02:04 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Leeman]
Leeman Offline

Loc: New England
I thought DelCarmen was shaky as hell. He gave up the home run to a guy that set the WS record for strikeouts and he couldn't throw a first pitch strike to save his @ss. He also couldn't keep his pitches down below the belt. Everything was up in the zone. It's a miracle he only gave up one HR.

I felt bad for Okajima. I was glad they won so he wouldn't be the goat. The poor guy was fried. They way over-used him. He was WAY above his career high in innings pitched.

And one huge reason why the Sox won is because they didn't need to use GAGME with the game on the line.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2365790 - 10/29/07 02:05 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Razorback]
PHilA Offline

Loc: Steinbrenners' Gulag
As for A-Rod... see ya. Thanks for the regular season fun but we need pitching more than big hitting. Enjoy the rest of your career. I think only a couple of teams can offer him the 400 million plus that he wants... and I am sure if it is the Red Sox that they could earn the dynasty tag they are prematurely receiving now (you should have to win a few in a row to deserve that one).

If the Sox do what is logical, rational, and moral, they will resign Mike Lowell, and let A-rod end up with the Cubs for like a 4 year, 40 million deal. I'm hoping Boras may have pushed this one too far. But, I fear the Troika (Henry-Warner-Luchinno) is actually thinking about it. A-rod wouldn't be a good fit. He can't grow a beard and Boston strip clubs are not as good as those in NY and Toronto.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2365814 - 10/29/07 02:55 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Razorback]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
and I am sure if it is the Red Sox that they could earn the dynasty tag they are prematurely receiving now (you should have to win a few in a row to deserve that one).

It's the stupid sports media that is trying to categorize the Red Sox as a dynasty. That is not coming at all from the players. Anyway, the Sox will NOT be signing A-Rod. They dont need him.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2365816 - 10/29/07 02:58 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Leeman]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Originally Posted By: Leeman

And one huge reason why the Sox won is because they didn't need to use GAGME with the game on the line.

Yes, there truly IS a god. Sox should cut Gagne and use that money to add some nice incentive to re-sign Lowell.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2365854 - 10/29/07 03:58 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
MrDalgof Offline

Loc: Colorado USA
Up in Anchorage today and the net connectiion is bad. So a belated congratulations to the Sox. Idiot owners notwithstanding, there's no doubt the best team won - layoff or not.

It would have been good if the Rockies could have put things together long enough to take a game or two just so people realize there is some baseball played out here that deserves some attention. As it is with the sweep you probably wont hear of the NL West again until playoffs next season. The Rockies have a good chance of being around come October '08, but they've got to get rid of Fuentes...

Top Bookmark and Share
#2365879 - 10/29/07 04:35 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

The manager of the Rockies seems like a pretty cool guy. Damn, he's a pretty big guy too! He towered over the guy who was interviewing him during the post-Series coverage.

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 70 of 76 < 1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 72 ... 75 76 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.