Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » Are you ready for some baseball?
Page 68 of 76 < 1 2 ... 66 67 68 69 70 ... 75 76 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2363767 - 10/26/07 11:08 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
Leeman Offline

Loc: New England
Nice to be able to win a close one as well as a blow-out.

Two down, two to go.

I think Beckett hit a HR in an intra-league game (either this year or last year).

Top Bookmark and Share
#2363796 - 10/26/07 12:18 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Leeman]
Top Gun Offline
Lifer

Loc: Roch-Vegas NH
I heard that Theo wants to keep Lowell in Boston for a long term deal. This was mentioned on WEEI this morning, I think that is a smart move.

They were also talking about Schillings comments saying the Sox know what he wants to stay, just a 1yr deal for what he's getting paid now. To me, that's a no brainer. The guy has been a huge asset in bringing the team to the World Series.

The next 3 games are really going to show how good the Sox are. Still not sure who I would sit, the way Lowell and Youkilis are hitting and play their positions, I would have to sit Papi. Manny is going to have a lot of field to cover out there. It will be no problem for Jacoby, but Manny is used to the small field!

Go SOX
Sigma 50-500 & 17-50 F2.8

Top Bookmark and Share

#2363805 - 10/26/07 12:30 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Top Gun]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
 Originally Posted By: Top Gun
I heard that Theo wants to keep Lowell in Boston for a long term deal. This was mentioned on WEEI this morning, I think that is a smart move.

They were also talking about Schillings comments saying the Sox know what he wants to stay, just a 1yr deal for what he's getting paid now. To me, that's a no brainer. The guy has been a huge asset in bringing the team to the World Series.

Fully agree with you on both of these points. Schilling is worth keeping at least one more season and Lowell was one of THE best bats for the Sox this season.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2363867 - 10/26/07 01:16 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
MrDalgof Offline

Loc: Colorado USA
Even with the loss last night the Rockies have to feel better about things - it wasn't a blowout and their pitching held the Sox in check well enough to give the offense a chance. But the bats never showed up. Sox pitching has been killer, and the Rockies offense has been slumping since the start of the NLCS. Not a good combination for our side. The Rockies now have to take all 3 Colorado games or it's over.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2363875 - 10/26/07 01:23 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
PHilA Offline

Loc: Steinbrenners' Gulag
I would keep Lowell, but I'm not sure a three or more year deal is the way to go. Maybe they will give him three now to keep him out of New York. Part of me thinks this may have been a peak year for him but he seems to bring a calm demeanor to the team. Like Billy Mueller, he's a real pro.

As for Schilling, maybe they bring him back for one year as an insurance policy but he has little left. However it might be a necessity since Wakefield's injury appears to be quite serious. I guess it can't hurt, they could just DL him for half the season if need be.

Up 2 is better than down 2 and that's all I will say. All signs point to Ortiz starting at first. I don't see the urgency but maybe the philosophy is to try to put it away quick.

Anybody going to go and get their free taco? The in game advertising is just shameless. And the dancing five year old sox fan from game one really bugs me.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2363889 - 10/26/07 01:32 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: MrDalgof]
PHilA Offline

Originally Posted By: MrDalgof
Even with the loss last night the Rockies have to feel better about things - it wasn't a blowout and their pitching held the Sox in check well enough to give the offense a chance. But the bats never showed up. Sox pitching has been killer, and the Rockies offense has been slumping since the start of the NLCS. Not a good combination for our side. The Rockies now have to take all 3 Colorado games or it's over.

Momentum can shift very quickly. And don't forget the freak factors like fans, bad hops, clouds of locusts, snow, rain, sleet etc. etc. Anything can happen. Also, you've got Matsuzaka and Lester who are complete unknowns in Coors field.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2363916 - 10/26/07 02:05 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PHilA]
Leeman Offline

Loc: New England
Rumors are that Tito is looking for a way to play Papi in all three games. I don't like that idea because of his knee. And I HATE the idea of sitting down Youkilis. He's got the hottest bat on the team.

I'd rather sign Lowell and save a ton of cash over going after A-Rod, that's for sure.

With the derth of free-agent pitching I'd just as soon keep Schilling, espcially with Wakefield's uncertain future and having two youngsters in the rotation next year with Buchholtz and Lester (and I have doubts about how effective Lester is going to be).

Top Bookmark and Share

#2363924 - 10/26/07 02:23 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Leeman]
PHilA Offline

Originally Posted By: Leeman
Rumors are that Tito is looking for a way to play Papi in all three games. I don't like that idea because of his knee. And I HATE the idea of sitting down Youkilis. He's got the hottest bat on the team.

Yeah, I'm not crazy about it either. I guess if you look at the home/away splits, Ortiz is way above both Lowell and Youk. Up 2-0 though, I don't see why they wouldn't keep him on the bench and pinch hit when necessary. Especially when the Rox will be running at every chance they get.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2363965 - 10/26/07 05:08 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PHilA]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
 Originally Posted By: PHilA
Also, you've got Matsuzaka and Lester who are complete unknowns in Coors field.

But that could also work as an advantage for the Red Sox. We shall see.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2364772 - 10/27/07 09:47 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
MrDalgof Offline

Loc: Colorado USA
Taveras has been benched. Ortiz should feel good about that.

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 68 of 76 < 1 2 ... 66 67 68 69 70 ... 75 76 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.